OLIN MBA 2014 /applicants for Fall 2012- Washington University in St. louis

181 Posts  ·  49 Users
About this group
Just starting a new thread to kickstart discussions on the Olin MBA. I am a current student and am open to any doubts you may have in the application process.
Page 1 of 19

Hi,

I have GMAT score - 640 (47,34, AWA-6) 9+ years of IT consulting experience. Spent almost 7 years outside India in multiple countries as Banking software implementation consultant. Good academics. No national or international recognitions. Have managed implementation teams of size 40. Can somebody pls evaluate my profile for Olin MBA - 2014?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hmm thanks @mba-help. I will rethink of my application!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Atul4MBA said:

hi guys,

I am planning to apply for OLIN 2013 Fall. But my GMAT is not very string.

Profile is:

640(44,33), 7yrs IT exp, Infy+Rave, Acads-ok, EC-not great

Interested in Finance in general.

Any scope to get in?

Olin's class average GMAT score is pretty high at 698. keeping this in view, your scores are on the lower side. In fact the 80% range for GMAT is 640- 750. So your scores fall at the lower end of the spectrum, something you can avoid being an Indian IT male.

Namita, MBA Decoder

http://mbadecoder.com|  Free Profile Evaluation| Ph: 9901566772. Ask us your queries on PagalGuy
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi guys,

I am planning to apply for OLIN 2013 Fall. But my GMAT is not very string.

Profile is:

640(44,33), 7yrs IT exp, Infy+Rave, Acads-ok, EC-not great

Interested in Finance in general.

Any scope to get in?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Puys,

Congrats @ Naveed, All Others admitted.
Applied in the last round of Olin on 12th May, interviewed on 22nd May and admitted on 4th June for MBA class of 2014. Have been told that I am the last international to be admitted, so am closing the door I guess. Have submitted my tuition deposit of 1500 $ and waiting for my I120.
Since I'd be able to reach "St. Louis" right before the start of the program, really need some help from absolutely anyone at all, on the accomodation part at St. Louis. I'd be coming to St. Louis alone, but my family would visit me over the course of the program so looking for an individual 1 bhk accomodation, in 400-500$ range, walkable from the school as don't plan to keep a car. Any first and second yearites - please do let me know if some such accomodation is known to you as a result of class of 2012 passing out.
Profile -
Background - Engineering (Electronics)
WE - ~14 years
GMAT - 770

Kindly mail your questions here: olin-business-school-mba-2012-2014-@googlegroups.com

Here you would be able to connect with fellow admits and also current students.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Puys,

Congrats @ Naveed, All Others admitted.
Applied in the last round of Olin on 12th May, interviewed on 22nd May and admitted on 4th June for MBA class of 2014. Have been told that I am the last international to be admitted, so am closing the door I guess. Have submitted my tuition deposit of 1500 $ and waiting for my I-20.
Since I'd be able to reach "St. Louis" right before the start of the program, really need some help from absolutely anyone at all, on the accomodation part at St. Louis. I'd be coming to St. Louis alone, but my family would visit me over the course of the program so looking for an individual 1 bhk accomodation, in 400-500$ range, walkable from the school as don't plan to keep a car. Any first and second yearites - please do let me know if some such accomodation is known to you as a result of class of 2012 passing out.
Profile -
Background - Engineering (Electronics)
WE - ~14 years
GMAT - 770

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Puys.. Applied to Olin early April and received an interview call early May... Got an admit mid May with 30K scholarship...

My profile -
Acads: ok
ECs: Above Average
GMAT: 710/6.0
Work Exp: 4 years (IT - Insurance)

Count me in! 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

congrats, any scholarships? an admit so late !! seems some ppl declined quite late. anyway, U can join the googlegroup , that is very active and u will get fast response. ATB.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I got an admit yesterday.Undecided about joining.My profile is
GRE 1420 4 years in IT.
Im interested in Management consulting more on the strategy side.What is the current placement scenario for international students.

Thanks,
Shreeraj

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Received my decision on sunday by email.
Got an admit.
No decision about schol yet.
do they disclose it in the official postal mail ?

and can some one please tell me the link for Google group for the batch ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...