i was present in one day counselling yesterday at iit delhi.

according to me about 22-23 seats are unfilled. also all the candidates who were present got admission thus the entire waiting lists got exhausted leaving behind vacant seats. any reason for people not taking management programme at IIT delhi? is it that IIM'S particularly new ones have gone ahead of iit delhi? one needs to ponder over.

2 comments
Sid12391
@Sid12391  ·  49 karma

The new iims give atleast 1000+ buffer calls whereas dms gives none. Also the total candidates offered admission/waitlisted across all categories at dms is less than even iim abc's strength. This makes many common people in dms's list and other old iims. This is why the waiting list for obc exhausted since it only had a total of 150 odd candidates-all of whom would have taken admissions in old iims majorly. It seems that iit delhi is more concerned about quality of students than just filling the seats, and this makes it a better college than the ones doing the latter. Also, the counselling happened late so people would have joined other colleges. I would suggest you to do a bit more analysis before forming opinions.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  4 likes  ·  
pagaljee
@pagaljee  ·  16 karma

thanks for enlightment!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

There are 994 posts in [Official][2018-20] Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi Admission Queries

View all the posts »