[Official](2017) SPJIMR - PGPM (One Year Full-time MBA) Admissions Class of 2017

646 Posts  ·  2,060 Users
About this group

Join the discussion on SPJIMR's admission to its PGPM courses & other queries for the year 2017 & be a part of our MBA section.

Page 1 of 65

For 2018 PGPM Admissions please refer the following thread: https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/official2018-spjimr-pgpm-one-year-full-time-mba-admissions-class-of-2018-6464518534201344
Further queries would be entertained in the new thread. 

SPJIMR PGPM Admissions Committee
2 likes
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hi ,

Please help me in evaluating profile for SPJAIN PGPM . 

X - 79%

XII- 77%

B.tech 66%

I have total of 6+ year of exp. and working as a SAP consultant in TCS.

I am currently Team Lead of my SAP MM Team and my work include roles of functional cunsultant , leading the team as well as proj. management related .I  have received many TCS Gems rewards for helping in smooth project inititation.

I have done a few automation project in my last organisation Ericsson and make a whole team regular work to almost zero with improved accuracy and efficiency .

I have also been awarded with many awards like ACE award , rock star award in Ericsson .

I want to be in PGPM programs as iam already in managing role and want to enhance my skill set to give a boost to my career.

My GMAT score is 600 .

Can you let me know if its fine or atleast i have to reach with score of get into the program ?

rahul_mba_2017
2 comments
ankitkumar1126
@ankitkumar1126  ·  33 karma

You got a decent GMAT score but it will be on the lower end for SPJIMR. I suggest you to give it another try. COnsider applying in some other good colleges like Center for Leadership @cfl_ncuMBA, Great Lakes, IMT, Crescent School of Business, SOIL etc.

Good Luck  

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
rahulcuteboy123
@rahulcuteboy123  ·  2 karma

can you let me know with my profile how much gmat score will help me to get SP jain  ? suggested college will not help me in fetching any good boost in my career.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  

For 2018 PGPM Admissions please refer the following thread: https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/official2018-spjimr-pgpm-one-year-full-time-mba-admissions-class-of-2018-6464518534201344

Further queries would be entertained in the new thread.

SPJIMR PGPM Admissions Committee

Hi I have received call for GMP. Pls review my profile- 7.81 CGPA in Btech polymer technology, 12th 84%, 10th- 91%, currently working with chemical company since last 22 months. I am yet to give GRE

Hello @peterkeating,

Need few suggestions for MBA:

1. I am interested in 1 year PGPM programme. By the end of December 2017, I will have a total work experience of 4.9 years approx. Need to know if I am eligible with below 5 years of experience and the academic profile mentioned below.

2. What would suit my profile best with the years of experience mentioned - 1 year or 2 year? Basically, I need a role change from technical background to functional background,i.e., gathering business requirements from clients and stay in IT sector.

My academic profile:
10th - 75.6%
12th - 66%
B.Tech - 82.9%
GMAT - yet to appear
Exp - 4.9 years by the end of Dec 2017 in IBM India Pvt Ltd (Application Developer - Oracle Apps -> exposure to major implementation projects)

Extra Curricular Activities & Achievements at School and College Level: (not sure if these adds to my profile)
1. Various prizes at school, college and inter school levels for sprint events, relay, long jump.
2. Among top 5 students in B.Tech in college.
3. Awarded merit certificate for 2nd position in college in 6th semester with 89.3%.
4. Shortlisted and received call letter for SSB from Indian Army during on campus recruitment for technical position.
5. A project report on Railway Signalling & Communication from Eastern Railways, Howrah.

Achievements at Workplace(IBM):
1. Eminence & Excellence 2015 & multiple Manager's Choice Award for different practices.

2. Conducted inter building competion within IBM.

2 comments
peterkeating
@peterkeatingSPJIMR Mumbai  ·  13 karma

Not eligible for PGPM. Please try next year. Since you have considerable experience, 2 year MBA will not make much sense. I suggest that you apply to ISB PGP and IIMB EPGP this year for which you are eligible. Your profile is good to go for these schools. Aim for a 700+ GMAT score.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
ankitkumar1126
@ankitkumar1126  ·  33 karma

you have a decent work ex. but not fulfilling the work ex. eligiblity. If willing to go ahead with MBA in 2018 itself you should consider appying in colleges like IIM Udaipur, Great Lakes, SOIL, Center for Leadership @cfl_ncuMBA , Crescent school of Business.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  

I have a GMAT score of 680.7.5 years experience in IT.Acads Xth 77%,12th 65% B,tech 74%.Please let me know my chances for 1 year MBA from SPJIMR.

2 comments
peterkeating

Please elaborate on your extracurriculars

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
TGC1
@TGC1  ·  167 karma

Good to go. For more details please ping me.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  

Hi...i am applying for s p jain pgpm and other 1 year mba courses...iI have scored 700 in gmat and have 11 years of power plant operation experience with some extra curricular activity...in s p jain form there is an essay heading "briefly describe situations that have had given you opportunity to take on responsibility in personal/professional front"...now should iI give only one major responsibility that was bestowed upon me in my present company and elaborate on that or iI should write 2/3 situations very briefly ...main problem is word limit is only 100 ...kindly help

as i understand, pgpm has rolling admissions...so approx how many days after one's interview admission is offered ?

1 comment
peterkeating

For last year, early offers were rolled out starting Aug end... so unless there is a change in the policy, you can expect similar timelines for this year.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  

Has Anyone received calls for the first round of interviews?

Hi @peterkeating pls evaluate my profile 10th-84 12th-86 Btech in IT- 80.4 Work Ex-5 years on July 2017. 2 years in Accenture SAP Functional 2.5 years in PSU Electricity Development implementing SAP in the Energy Sector. Extra curricular activities in college not so much during work. CAT OA-94.74 . What are my chances of converting if i get a call?

1 like2 comments
peterkeating

You have a good profile. Chances for converting if you get a call obviously will depend on your interview and most importantly your motivation for MBA i.e. how you respond to the "Why MBA" question.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
TGC1
@TGC1  ·  167 karma

Good academics. Can't comment on profile as I don't see any details. Please ping me, can assist you on this.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·