[Official] XLRI Admissions 2015-17 Thread

477 Posts  ·  1,280 Users
About this group
Page 1 of 48

Anyone received their refunds back from XL till now?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, just got through HR. What's the amount for the DD that we have to send, along with acceptance? Need it ASAP. Thanks in advance.

2 comments
Ruler.Rays
@Ruler.Rays  ·  0 karma

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
vijay.kmr
@vijay.kmr  ·  619 karma

Congratulations! What was your WL no.?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello guys, i have recently started preparing for xat and only want to go XLRI, please suggest preparation strategy and materials.

5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
serious-sam
@serious-sam  ·  903 karma

Start reading a lot of books. And start thinking about what makes you different from others. Since you said that you've started preparing for xat, there is no point going ahead with gyaan. Xat is similar to cat and time's test series is close to the difficulty level. Scoring in xat is just 10% of the solution. Interview prep doesn't happen in a day or a month or for that matter 2. Start reading now. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
mbaspirant15
@mbaspirant15  ·  0 karma

Any idea about cutoff?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi ....any idea how has the WL for HRM as moved to 205 ..i hope there is no catch in it.:P also has the batch size increased this year?

1 comment
rishabh_tandon
@rishabh_tandon  ·  0 karma

it has even moved beyond that. one guy at 206 got the confirmation too. are u waitlisted? if yes, what no.?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys...congratulations on making it to XL...if you have an IIM-K call too, please update your details in this tracker.....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MC9STifeUsXyfbPsWCEJlxH23DzVwsEVAO6AgQM882k/edit#gid=0

CAT '14: 99.00 | Calls: IIM-L(SM),K,S,New,FMS,MDI,NITIE,IIT-B | Conv: All except FMS
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

XLRI HR or IIM K PGP. Pros and cons for both, please?

12 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 12
nithinkumar2003
@nithinkumar2003  ·  0 karma

Thanks, guys. I have little or on interest in core HR. Apart from XL's alumni network, IIM K should not be too far behind XL, right? For business profiles, in the long run, it would make sense to study subjects you wish to implement at work?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
chaingang8
@chaingang8  ·  497 karma

If you don't have internet in Hr then iim k should be your destination. General management and consulting are good there! 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How do I withdraw admission and get back the fee i paid?

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
mukundlahoty
@mukundlahoty  ·  0 karma

HR... have to withdraw due to personal issues... going nowhere maybe next year 😞

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
risk_taker1

I hope whatever it is u will overcome it ,all the best mate

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Having converted PGP-IM in MDI (hoping for PGP convert which is my 1st pref), is there any reason I should give XL's GMBA a thought?

1 comment
debmit104
@debmit104  ·  0 karma

IMO XL brand trumps PGP IM, if you had PGDM MDI then no second thoughts. Better talk to seniors

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Is there a way and need to formally withdraw for those not accepting the offer? If yes, how? Or we just ignore and wait for 25th April to pass?

1 comment
amigo16
@amigo16  ·  0 karma

BM/HR ?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Congrats to all the XLRI converts. Guys please withdraw admission from the other colleges that you had as backup so that their waitlist could move faster and help anxious waitlisted candidates like me. I am sure many of you have already done that but in case someone has not, please do it as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance

#DesperateTimes

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...