[Official] Verbal Thread for CAT 2017!!!

95 Posts  ·  1,006 Users
About this group

As we are done with CAT 2016 and those who feel that they need to start all over again to get into their dream b-school, here it is!!

Page 1 of 10

The link to apply for admission to MBA program, IIT Kanpur (2019-21) is NOW OPEN.

We request you all to fill the form in a timely manner to avoid last minute hassle.

Admission Form Link: https://pingala.iitk.ac.in/MBADM-0/login

Department Information: https://www.iitk.ac.in/ime/

Please route all your queries through our official admission information channels:

Facebook Group:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/371692600265477/

PagalGuy Page:  goo.gl/thrG94

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

can anyone tell me some good sites for practicing RC? Thanks in advance.  

7 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 7
yashchawla
@yashchawla  ·  532 karma

Trythis

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can someone please tell me which classroom program and mocks are better ? TIME or CL ? I am preparing for CAT 2018. 

1 comment
WazzaNiks
@WazzaNiks  ·  31 karma

TIME

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

HI Guys came back on Pg after long time. Planning to take CAT 2018. Just wante d to check if there are any talks around change in exam pattern in 2018  or any other update in specs of examination.TIA 

Dint come this far, to come only this far.
2 comments
santoshrana
@santoshrana  ·  64 karma

@yashchawla Not heard as of now!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
yashchawla
@yashchawla  ·  532 karma

Great thanks :)

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello guys can you please help me with how to decide tone of the passage analytical/descriptive/narrative/argumentive ? I mostly get them wrong . Any serious advice ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Does anyone have 2016 CAT question paper? Please reply

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

A basic delusion in the arguments presented by climate change deniers is that “Nature will take care of itself”. They contend that if humanity has survived for millions of years, it will somehow find a way to survive this so called climate change hoax. However, a large number of corporations are reaching out to the common people across the globe in order to make them aware of the catastrophic consequences of global warming. Sense seems to be entering the minds of the majority of the people in the world. So, the future of our earth, as far as global warming is concerned, seems to be safe now.

Which of the following is an assumption central to the validity of the given argument?

1. Survival of the fittest and the cognizant is the rule of Nature.
2. The corporations are not driven by any monetary incentive and their endeavour is strictly humanitarian in nature.
3. In the human society, being conscious of a phenomenon is akin to fighting its ill-effects.
4. In this world, sense is equivalent to consciousness and knowledge of any phenomenon. 

The answer is 3 but no where in the passage it's mentioned it's fighting for it.

I think it should be 4.

Please help.

1 comment
Rajat95
@Rajat95  ·  186 karma

Answer will be 3 as it is an assumption which results in conclusion of last sentence of article.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Vocabulary builder: Memorise 80 difficult words by listening four songs anywhere anytime. Do remember to subscribe to the free youtube channel for latest updates of upcoming songs.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-R7kymdb1k   

Video Thumbnail6267718383697920
3 likes1 comment
Abhinav543
@Abhinav543  ·  0 karma

@Sakshamnarang awesome video , its very helpful for me

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Fij. Explanation plz

Post 5217640621539328
5 comments
Load more comments  ·  1 of 5
gauravdalpatyan
@gauravdalpatyanIIM Indore  ·  142 karma

@harikrushna no, it's IIIJ

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Arrange in order.

1. The EU and the European Aviation Safety Agency are now considering the introduction of a similar rule.
2. It underscores the fragility of the human factor which is truly the critical element in the rigorous processes required for aviation.
3. Significantly, last year's mysterious Malaysia Airlines MH 370's disappearance also involved a captain who may have been disturbed.
4. The Lubitz issue showed that the annual medical examination of pilots done under strict European Union regulations can fail to identify psychological problems such as depression.
5. Had the EU implemented a 'two-person' cockpit rule, such as in the U.S., which requires two crew members to be present in the cockpit always; this act of mass murder could have been stopped. 

7 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 7
iswarnima
@iswarnima  ·  1,452 karma

@mayur_arora I went through this question few days back. That's why I know about this article :P

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
mayur_arora
@mayur_aroraIIM Bangalore  ·  9,235 karma
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...