Official Verbal Thread CAT 2015

3,005 Posts  ·  5,941 Users
About this group

As we are done with CAT 2014 and those who feel that they need to start all over again, and they see IIM as a calling, here is one more step closer to your success!

Page 1 of 301

The following question consists of a set of five sentences. These sentences need to be arranged in a coherent manner to create a meaningful paragraph. Type in the correct order of the sentences in the space provided below the question.

1. I honor and respect highbrows.
2. He is the man or woman of thoroughbred intelligence who rides his mind at a gallop across country in pursuit of an idea.
3. Now there can be no two opinions as to what a highbrow is.
4. That is why, if I could be more of a highbrow I would.
5. That is why I have always been so proud to be called highbrow. 

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
samd9
@samd9  ·  10 karma

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
shivam1992
@shivam1992  ·  85 karma

@shalushalvi ans pls

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

The following question consists of a set of five sentences. These sentences need to be arranged in a coherent manner to create a meaningful paragraph. Type in the correct order of the sentences in the space provided below the question.

1. The emergence of life might not be the luck of atoms arranging themselves in the right way, it says, but an inevitable event if the conditions are correct.
2. But a new theory, proposed by a researcher at MIT and first reported in Quanta Magazine, proposes that when a group of atoms is exposed for a long time to a source of energy, it will restructure itself to dissipate more energy.
3. “You start with a random clump of atoms, and if you shine light on it for long enough, it should not be so surprising that you get a plant,” England said.
4. Paul Rosenberg, writing this week on Richard Dawkins’ site, said that the theory could make things “a whole lot worse for creationists”.
5. The problem for scientists attempting to understand how life began is understanding how living beings – which tend to be far better at taking energy from the environment and dissipating it as heat – could come about from non-living ones. 

10 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 10
swetaupadhyay
@swetaupadhyay  ·  0 karma

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
shashank273
@shashank273  ·  47 karma

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

1. The fundamental idea behind any such theory—which we may call the immediacy thesis—is that judgments of beauty are not (or at least not primarily) mediated by inferences from principles or applications of concepts, but rather have all the immediacy of straightforwardly sensory judgments.
2. It was against this, and against more moderate forms of rationalism about beauty, that mainly British philosophers working mainly within an empiricist framework began to develop theories of taste.
3. Rationalism about beauty is the view that judgments of beauty are judgments of reason, i.e., that we judge things to be beautiful by reasoning it out, where reasoning it out typically involves inferring from principles or applying concepts.
4. It is the idea, in other words, that we do not reason to the conclusion that things are beautiful, but rather “taste” that they are.
5. At the beginning of the 18th century, rationalism about beauty had achieved dominance on the continent, and was being pushed to new extremes by “les géomètres,” a group of literary theorists who aimed to bring to literary criticism the mathematical rigor that Descartes had brought to physics. 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

log.625√128 represents the value?

The answer is (2+log82)/2(log85-1) My Query is how log8 came? Please explain..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Guys,

It seems IIM Lucknow has sent some register letter on Post. What can it be? I am out of station and will not be able to collect it. Please shed some light on what the post can be of.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How to solve paragraph completion

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Read  daily new  Articles/Passages/Views/Reviews , link below. 

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/daily-articles-44587111

1 like1 comment
akashmohan
@akashmohanGIM Sanquelim  ·  3,809 karma

@ddevesh3  haha my first ad for the thread.  :)

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Puys and Pirls,

PaGaLGuY is doing a research on CAT aspirants. We are looking out for students who could not complete their CAT journey. If you are based in Mumbai and are willing to share your experience with us, you can personally message me or leave a comment below and I will get back to you.

Thanks in advance

Senior Manager  - PaGaLGuY / Oheyo 
1 comment
dkaushik354

Only Mumbai?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi everyone,

Need some help here --

I got the TIME coaching books courtesy of

http://www.pagalguy.com/@niharika.b

, but i think some books are missing as also told by her(BTW she wasn't sure) ..

Will u guys check below n tell me wot r d missing books if any :

I have the following TIME books wid me rite now : -

Quant

1- SM1001409 Basic Study Material( Quantitative Ability)

2- SM1001501 Basic Study Material( Quantitative Ability)

3-SM1001561 Basic Study Material( Solutions for SM1001501)

4- SM1001507 Basic Study Material( Quantitative Ability)

5- SM1001562 Basic Study Material( Solutions for SM1001507)

6- SM1001509 Basic Study Material( Quantitative Ability)

7- SM1001563 Basic Study Material( Solutions for SM1001509)

8- SM1001411 Basic Study Material( Practice Exercises on Quantitative Ability)

9- SM1001407 Basic Study Material( Speed Enhancement Tests)

10- SM1001461 Basic Study Material( Solutions for SM1001401)

DI/DS/LR

11- SM1001402 Basic Study Material(Data Sufficiency)

12- SM1001405 Basic Study Material(Practice Exercises on Data Interpretation)

13- SM1001406 Basic Study Material( Practice Exercises on Reasoning)

14- SM1001417 Basic Study Material(Logical Reasoning for Other Management Entrance Exams)

15- SM1001506 Basic Study Material(Reasoning)

16- SM1001508 Basic Study Material(Logical Reasoning)

ENGLISH

17- SM1001403 Basic Study Material(Reading Comprehension)

18- SM1001414 Basic Study Material( Practice Exercises on Reading comprehension)

19- SM1001404 Basic Study Material(Verbal Ability)

20- SM1001413 Basic Study Material(Practice Exercises on Verbal Ability)

21- V502 Basic Study Material(English Grammar)

22- V102 Basic Study Material(Verbal Ability- Part 2)- English Grammar & Sentence Correction

GD/PI/GA

23- SM1001410 Basic Study Material(General Awareness)

24- SM1001418 Basic Study Material(Group Discussions, And Interviews) Part-2

Regards,

Rashid

1 comment
kool_rash2002
@kool_rash2002  ·  15 karma

Alternatively, somebody cud just write down or copy paste all the book lists if they happen to have it with them..I tried on TIMES' website & a hell lot on Google but cudn't find it anywhere >>>>>

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

https://imgur.com/a/3NUJH

Jumbled sentences

Success is how high you bounce back when you hit rock bottom.
1 comment
shalushalvi
@shalushalvi  ·  61 karma

d

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...