Official Verbal Ability thread for CAT 2012

217 Posts  ·  315 Users
About this group
*Put your all VA doubts here :smiley: * one from my side *_Directions:_** *Read the paragraph and answer the question that follows. Only the most naive scientist believes that the perfect model is the one that perfectly repr...
Page 1 of 22
JCU Singapore 2012 - 2013
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

While asking a question, which of these sentences is correct?

1. I did not know whether she was right or not?

2. I did not know whether she was right or no?

The main goal behind asking this question is, whenever a question is framed like this what is the correct way to use 'no ' and 'not '.

Please help.

i have seen a lot people talking like: "i don't know if she can perform on stage or no? " (is the usage of 'no' correct? o shud it b 'not' ?)

ďťż

2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Which is better Northeastern University in Boston or S.P Jain Mumbai ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
“Soy un perdedor I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me?”
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey..i have a query...
what genius! or what a genius!
which of the is correct? or both are correct...?

2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@sbharadwaj said:
1) 32) No error3) No error4) 45) 3Plz correct me if I'm wrong.!
2 doubts..in sentence 2 shouldn't it be viable 'for' instead of 'of'?
And what is wrong with the 4th part of sentence 4?
NMIMS MBA Batch 2013-2015
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@crazy_mn2002 said:
Find the incorrect part1). The convergence of (1)/ Indian accounting standards with IFRS beginning (2)/ in April is expecting to (3)/ see power companies struggling with (4)/ significant first time adoption impact. No error (5).2). Researchers at (1)/ the Indian institute of Science are mapping (2)/ India's solar hot spots – where round-the-year (3)/ sunlight makes it viable of (4) / companies to set up solar power plants. No error.3). Though their qualifications span a diverse (1)/ range, there is an equal (2)/ number of graduates and those who have just completed school, each set (3)/ making up (4)/ close to 30% of these households. No error (5).4). As if (1)/ the most dangerous moment for any dictatorship is when (2)/ it starts to (3)/ reform. North Korea looks ready to turn that truism on its head. (4) / No error (5).5). It so happens (1)/ that this happy campy ritual is their way of life (2)/ and one into which (3)/ they don't particularly welcome (4)/ voyeuristic instructions. No error (5).

1) 3
2) No error
3) No error
4) 4
5) 3

Plz correct me if I'm wrong.!
IIM Raipur | Class of 2014-16
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Find the incorrect part

1). The convergence of (1)/ Indian accounting standards with IFRS beginning (2)/ in April is expecting to (3)/ see power companies struggling with (4)/ significant first time adoption impact. No error (5).

2). Researchers at (1)/ the Indian institute of Science are mapping (2)/ India €™s solar hot spots €“ where round-the-year (3)/ sunlight makes it viable of (4) / companies to set up solar power plants. No error.

3). Though their qualifications span a diverse (1)/ range, there is an equal (2)/ number of graduates and those who have just completed school, each set (3)/ making up (4)/ close to 30% of these households. No error (5).

4). As if (1)/ the most dangerous moment for any dictatorship is when (2)/ it starts to (3)/ reform. North Korea looks ready to turn that truism on its head. (4) / No error (5).

5). It so happens (1)/ that this happy campy ritual is their way of life (2)/ and one into which (3)/ they don €™t particularly welcome (4)/ voyeuristic instructions. No error (5).

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@vishal.das option B ?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...