[Official] Schulich MBA in India - Admission Query thread

319 Posts  ·  281 Users
About this group

Dear Puys I take pleasure in introducing the Schulich MBA in India admission query thread, wherein admission team members of Schulich School of Business will be answering queries regarding their MBA program to Indian MBA applicants. The ...

Page 1 of 32

Schulich School of Business of YorkU, Canada has released its deadline for Full Time MBA Intake Fall 2020. Checkout its essay questions, essay debrief and other requirements on our #latest blog. If you’d like to know whether Schulich is the right school for you or not then comment below and we’ll get in touch. https://bit.ly/2lm28XG #canada #essay #mba #gmat #applications #businessschools

Post 58252101716781
Deep A. | Cheif Counselling Officer | www.EduSimplified.com
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have only one year of experience, can i apply to schulich mba program in India ? 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, Please confirm the last date for application ? 

AnamHasan
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi @Schulich_MBA

I have about 11 years of experience in Gas industry as a General Manager. Wanted to check if my experience is above the threshold considered apt for Schulich MBA ? 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What is the average work experience of the accepted candidates?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am a corporate technology attorney who recently did Schulich MBA to move into finance policy. I worked closely with many India program  MBAs and did alot of work with India grads fixing resumes and job applications, helping them network. 

I must remind everyone that getting into a Canadian MBA program by itself does not guarentee "success". The formal recruitment cycle here only rewards perfect candidates. Mostly it is networking and communicating. Work on getting a strong document package together (networking email, resume, cover letter) as well as a strong personal meeting presentation pitch you can use for coffee meetings. start this RIGHT AWAY when you start your MBA in Canada (the first week). 

that is the only way to land a great job

best of luck to everyone

Principal, (corporate technology lawyer, strategy consultant, finance advisor)

Roar With Style

www.precedentstrategy.com

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys,
Kindly help evaluate my profile for one year MBA in schulich India/Canada
Background: BE - IT (Non IIT)

SSC - 78.13

HSC - 68

BE - Aggregate 59% (Last Year cleared with 70%, second last year above 60%)

CFA L1 - Passed, FRM - L1 Passed, CFA L2 candidate

Other Certifications: Capital Mkt, Financial Mkts, Derivatives, Corporate banking products & credit analysis, Investment advisors. 

Work Ex: 78 Months

40 Months - Information security Role (Semi technical)

38 Months- Treasury Opeations (FX & Derivatives)

Desgntion: Senior Asst Manager

3 promotions in a span of 6.5 years

Company : Citibank

Awards: Have won 5-6 awards for project, processs implementations

Few months of Volunteering for an NGO and still continuing with the same.

Particiaption in few extra curricular activities during my Engineering

Also, I have taken a break in my career due to some personal reasons and now currently looking out for a new role. Kindly advise if this can be a big disadvantage.

GMAT 1: 620, Now prep for next attempt.

Kindly evaluate and advise how does it look and areas of improvment before applying 

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
vinjain86
@vinjain86  ·  1 karma

have sent

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
vinjain86
@vinjain86  ·  1 karma

@Schulich_MBA have sent

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

do i  to apply for individual college as preferences by registering in their respective college sites ( which they charge money ), even after applying for cat exam , 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey there, I have a 5+ work experience in a leading IT firm and havescored 720 on my GMAT. Looking at your MBA as an option, could you please let me know whom to contact to get more information regarding the course? TIA.

varunpadmanabh90
2 comments
ankitanand0612
@ankitanand0612  ·  46 karma

Please search for gmat avengers club on facebook, there are plenty of counsellors there or you will get groups at pg too, especially dedicated towards gmat, plesae search them

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Schulich_MBA
@Schulich_MBA  ·  0 karma

Varun, please send us an email with your resume for a pre admission assesment. We can share feedback on your candidacy and encourage your or dissuade you from applying. Please feel free to send your  resume to our Admissions Director at sahuja@schulich.yorku.ca

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...