Official Quants Group|CAT:2019|MBA:2020-2022

1,196 Posts  ·  4,314 Users
About this group

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now"

Page 1 of 120

Veer adds ‘x’ litres water to pure milk to make a 104-litre milk-water solution. He sells this solution at a price that is 10% more than the cost price of pure milk and makes a profit of 43% on this transaction. If he adds ‘x’ litres water to 120 litres pure milk and sells the resulting solution at the cost price of pure milk, then what is his profit percentage in this transaction? (Assume that water comes free of cost)  

options 25, 32, 30 ,20

Gourav Parida
8 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 8
avish27
@avish27  ·  35 karma

For example 2 successive discounts of 10% and 20%... -10 - 20 + (-10*-20)/100...... -30 + 2 = 28%

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
GouravParida
@GouravParida  ·  12 karma

@avish27 yes i generally use the PCG method so i dont remember this method quiet often.. perks of arun sharma or should i say banes 😂

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

If 15 men working 12 hours per day at 75% of the normal working capacity  can complete 2/3rd of a work in 10 days, then in how many days will 16 men working 8 hours per day at 80% of the normal working capacity complete 1/3rd of the same work? 

having trouble again with the efficiency concept !!!

Gourav Parida
1 like8 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 8
TanujA3
@TanujA3  ·  107 karma

I made a mistake which changed the value of total work. Corrected now. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
GouravParida

@TanujA3 yes i wanted the concept ! i made a mistake while using the manhour concept that @Vivek_Ponnusamy7 did and was furious about it 😂 so thanks anyway!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Pinku goes out for a walk between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m.; when he returns  back he finds that the hands of the clock have exchanged their  positions. If Pinku comes back between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m., for how long  did he walk?

@gsm2780 can we solve this using the same concept we did in the previous question(of this type) ???

Gourav Parida
9 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 9
summi_arora
@summi_arora  ·  1,827 karma

P.S. this time will always be a multiple of 720/13. So if just one option is of the form 720k/13, you can always blindly mark that ;)

GouravParida
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can anyone help me with this?

Post 50107063391020
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello, everyone! I hope you are all doing well today. I am in quite a conundrum. I have been scoring decently in VARC and Quant (at least I hope it's decent) but my scores in LRDI make me worry. It's almost always below my expectations and I have tried everything, conventional or unconventional. It would be appreciated if anyone could provide me some insights as to how and from where I can prepare for a better score (and better clarity). As far as the element of competition goes, (for the people who think that) I promise I will still score less than you all, for all others who can or can't help me but still can provide some pearls of wisdom, I humbly thank you. :) Please share your insights.

6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
DreamerIIMC
@DreamerIIMC  ·  113 karma

@TanujA3 Elitesgrid videos are good.

Practice from 2018 IMS and CL mocks. Those mocks have really some good sets

TanujA3
@TanujA3  ·  107 karma

Thank you. I have subscribed to it. Any other advice?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Please help me with this....

Post 50099919269264
2 comments
TanujA3
@TanujA3  ·  107 karma

Use this reasoning: Area = inradius * semiperimeter. Sides = 4x, 5x and 6x. Therefore, S = 15X/2 and area = (15X/2)*3 = 45X/2. Also, Area = 1/2(Side*height of altitude on that side). Use the area, i.e. 45X/2 and the ratio of sides provides to find out the ratio of altitudes. Let me. Height H1 on side 4X, area will be 4XH1/2, similarly 5XH2/2 AND 6XH3/2, heights H2 and H3 on sides 5X and 6X respectively. And all these areas are also equal to 45X/2. Put these equal one by one to 45X/2 and you will find your answer.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
TanujA3
@TanujA3  ·  107 karma

Heights will be as follows: 11.25 (on side 4X), 9 (on side 5X) and 7.5 (on side 6X).

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Juul
@Juul  ·  17 karma

@TanujA3 @gsm2780

I solved it through options. Is it the correct approach and if not then please explain how to solve these type of questions without options.

5/8

1/8

3/4

3/5

Post 50098088833065
2 comments
TanujA3
@TanujA3  ·  107 karma

Use this reasoning: Since, time is constant, the ratio of distance/speed will be equal.

gsm2780
@gsm2780  ·  163 karma

@Juul d/x= D/(5x/8) + (d-D)/(35x/32) . If D is reqd distance . x was the speed at which he would have reached at 5pm. Hope this gives you the reqd ratio D/d. (Eqn has been written keeping in mind that time taken remains constant. Again ditto @TanujA3 )

Like  ·  Reply  ·  2 likes  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Juul
@Juul  ·  17 karma

@TanujA3 @summi_arora @gsm2780

Any simpler way to do this apart from pure calculation method?

(a) 105

(b) 149

(c) 91

(d) 141

Post 50096866118454
5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
gsm2780
@gsm2780  ·  163 karma

@summi_arora Haha! Maybe PG is giving a chance to all of us to take a shot at the Qs (wink!) . Maybe that is why the invisibility card is dealt to most of us in rotation .

summi_arora
@summi_arora  ·  1,827 karma

@gsm2780 hahahah

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I is the incentre of triangle PQR. If ∠PRQ = 80°, ∠QIR = 110° and QI = 21 cm, then what will be the area of the incircle?

Could some one please explain where did the highlighted one has come from....

Post 50094281075098
4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
TanujA3
@TanujA3  ·  107 karma

This is a property.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
DreamerIIMC
@DreamerIIMC  ·  113 karma

@TanujA3 Got it bro, thank you

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I need advice.... I have worked over my quants section but still my scores are dwelling between 45-55 range in AIMCAT as well as SIMCAT. How should I make them increase? My DILR section is getting affected by my poor set choices and I take a lot of time in solving the questions, so how should I improve? Also, when I face new questions I get afraid sometimes and I am not able to solve them. Varc is pulling my leg every single time! I even hardly score near to 30 marks. What should be my strategy for this section in the remaining time? Please help! Need guidance.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...