Official Quant Thread for CAT 2014!!

17,918 Posts  ·  32,296 Users
About this group

This is the Official CAT 2014 Quantitative preparation group. Solve questions & discuss answers/solutions shortcuts & tips with other CAT aspirants.

Page 1 of 1,792

Plonk Winery are packing “mixed dozens” for an upcoming sale. They have available 3 red varieties (Shiraz, Merlot and Cabernet) and 2 white varieties (Riesling and Verdelho). Each mixed dozen must contain 12 bottles, at least two of which must be red, and at least two must be white.

(a) How many mixed dozens are possible with these constraints?

(b) How many mixed dozens include at least one bottle of each of the 5 varieties? 

(c) Towards the end of the day, the supply of Merlot runs low. How many mixed dozens are there that contain at most one bottle of Merlot?

No battle was won without a plan;no battle was won according to the plan.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

TAPMI's official thread for its HR program is open for queries now! We're here to address any questions that you have regarding the program or the institute. Follow the thread: https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/official-tapmi-pgdm-hr-admission-2019-21-queries-and-discussions-5370568004599808

Best,  Neha Setia
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

how is hande ka funda online coaching?

1 comment
@8896587624  ·  30 karma

@jamesbong jhantu

Like  ·  Reply  ·  3 likes  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Any body intrested in buying CAT material in Hyderabad Ping me,all times material with XAT papers at reasonable price,kindly respond asap.I will be leaving Hyderabad in 3-4 days 

Chachavidhayakhainhmare
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

If a sum of Rs. 10400 is to be repaid in two equal installments at 8% per annum, what is the amount of each installment?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Guys! I am 31 yrs old and have work experience of over 5 years (3 years in FMCG sales and 2.5 years in Telecom Sales). It’s a front line job and I am not interested in a sales job anymore and want to change my career path and join either operations, supply chain or marketing. Now for that matter I must have a management diploma or a degree, so my question is if I aim CAT 2018 and opt 1 year diploma in management from Greatlakes, Will it help me shaping my career in a better way? Pls share your views and suggestions.

2 comments
tussharr.arya
@tussharr.arya  ·  9 karma

Bro this is an old thread. You can post your query here for a better chance of a response. https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/cat-2017-18-results-exam-date-notification-pattern-admit-card-information-pagalguy-38717690

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
ssp1714
@ssp1714  ·  800 karma

@ankush.jagga You have 5 yrs of sales experience, can't you jump to marketing? Don't marketing companies prefer pre sales experience for marketing profile?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys.. I ve 36 M work experience with a leading PSB N excellent grades in 10th 12th n graduation.. Shld I try giving CAT 2018?? PS: I'm 25 now

1 comment
root0090
@root0090  ·  380 karma

@ramkishoremech yes, its time. you are going to try for pg of course. FPM you can try this year as well as the next couple of years

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

is this thread active or not nd where can i ask my query?

lucy gray
1 like3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
ITM.Counselor

Hi, you can post your queries on [Official] Quant Thread for CAT 2016!!!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
scrabbler
@scrabbler  ·  34,602 karma

Also, what kind of queries do you have? QA-specific or general?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hello guys.

i am planning for CAT'17. 

But i have a simple query, with alomst 10 months to CAT shoud i look for a job now or jst start preparing for the exam?

What jobs sould one look  in order to manage both i.e sudies and job.?

I have done B.Tech.

Honest suggestions and valuable inputs are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

No battle was won without a plan;no battle was won according to the plan.
1 like3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
deepakverma1394
@deepakverma1394  ·  48 karma

Go for a job first, preferably 5 days working. Devote weekends to MBA prep. 

Work ex is very valuable.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
shashank82
@shashank82  ·  20 karma

but what if we are not getting  the job should we apply for some short term courses  which may be beneficial ?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Last date for FMS online registration is 30th November 2016

Last date by which your forms should reach FMS Office is 16th December 2016

Do not miss the chance to apply to the "Red Building of Dreams" 

For further guidance please follow the linkLink: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0YmFHPH40P-czlmMFdqdGxlX1k  

Register on: http://www.admission.du.ac.in/fms/index.php/site/login

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...