Official Quant thread for CAT 2013

49,956 Posts  ·  23,270 Users
About this group
Hello all, As the CAT 2K12 come to a close, starting this thread for all the discussions of quant for CAT 2013. Here is the link for old thread of quant http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/quantitative-ability-and-di/official-quant-thread-c-t...
Page 1 of 4,996

I have one small question.. i have got a seat in Goa institute of management..for 2 year MBA course.. yesterday I clear iim Shillong pgpex 14 months program which is has 4 month program in China too.. now needs to decide on what to take.. as not very sure about the value of pgpex ..where we stay in china n do intership.. and india 8 months complete in shillong...

request  to reply ASAP

1 comment
kinji.at.pg1
@kinji.at.pg1Tepper Pittsburgh  ·  30,873 karma
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I am having 3 years of work ex(till aug. 2016) in IT industry as a Business Analyst. I want to go for CAT exam this year. Please help me in finding the good B school which takes experienced people or do executive courses take 3 yrs work ex person?

Thnx

1 like2 comments
dipayan22
@dipayan22  ·  0 karma

High IT workex is not a deterrent for finals in most of the top 20 b-schools, but yes depending on your situation and various other factors it could be a problem in summers, but then again you have the advantage of gender diversity factor. So don't worry about it. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Manisha_92
@Manisha_92  ·  4 karma

@dipayan22  Ok.. Thanks .. my major experience is related to Product management of IT software.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am just completed my B.tech now i would like to pursue MBA in IBS.Hyd campus.please tell me your openion on my decition

1 like2 comments
iimxlri
@iimxlri  ·  133 karma

go for english classes!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  9 likes  ·  
gagankhera94
@gagankhera94  ·  85 karma

Go home bro..u r drunk

Like  ·  Reply  ·  2 likes  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Which is better to join ISBR Bangalore or IBS HYDERABAD, BANGALORE. PLZ TELL ME ADMISSIONS ARE CLOSED IN ALL COLLEGES.

1 comment
@9029227  ·  0 karma

WORLDS BEST !!!  Financial Modeling Training And Career Resources For Aspiring Investment Bankers

PREMIUM Pakage Available for SALE @ INR 2999/- Vs an Actual Price of  INR 73,000/- available at on its website www.breakingintowallstreet.com

So What does this Pakage contains :

1. Excellence with Excel -Every thing you need to know about Excel for investment banking and private equity, from navigation basics, formatting all the way up to formulas, macros, advanced topics like pivot tables,build and format a 3-statement model and valuation of Wal-Mart and a lot more

2.Excel & Financial Modelling Fundamentals- you'll learn Excel, accounting, valuation, and financial modeling from the ground up with 8+ real-life case studies

3.Advance Financial Modelling : which cover advanced operating models, valuation based on SEC filings and equity research, complex merger models, advanced LBO models, and pitch books / deal commentary.

4.PowerPoint Pro : Teaches you everything  from navigation basics and slides, text, and objects up through pasting in Excel data, grouping and aligning shapes, and then putting the finishing touches on your presentation.

3. IB Networking Toolkit  : How to Write Emails to Investment Bankers ,Cold Calling ,How to Network ,Sample Emails. Everthing you need to Start from Day 1.

YOU CAN CONTACT ME ON cfa.mumbai02 @gmail.com 6:*9%B���k��\

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How is ISBR for MBA , Plz tell me any good colleges for MBA , please.

5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
varthya
@varthya  ·  0 karma

I didn't qualified😢

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
banwarilaal
@banwarilaal  ·  0 karma

sahi hai bas thoda paani ka problem hai waha

Like  ·  Reply  ·  2 likes  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Please kindly help me for cat,snap n mat preparation? Which books to refer.... 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Become a part of the BITS Pilani family for a learning experience like no other

INNOVATE.ACHIEVE.LEAD

Follow Department of Management, BITS Pilani official thread

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2016-2018-bits-pilani-official-mba-admission-helpdesk-35908231

Official PG account of Department of Management, BITS Pilani
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
http://www.iitk.ac.in/ime/index.html
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

expecting around 156 according to CL answer keys. What percentile can I expect guys? 

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
108sandeep108
@108sandeep108  ·  0 karma

@Shiv1102  Thanks :)... was thinking if i should apply to spjain or not..

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Shiv1102
@Shiv1102  ·  0 karma

Definitely should.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

For how many values of a, is the number 15^a+3 * 28^8-a / 35^2a-9 an integer?

Nmims Mumbai 16-18
1 like2 comments
krish.dhanuka
@krish.dhanuka  ·  152 karma

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
raj.ankit2010
@raj.ankit2010  ·  0 karma

from -3 till 5 i.e total 9 possible values of a

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...