BBA+MBA would be a good career option. It would be a good choice to opt for LPU as in the present scenario this is the university which caters to the all-round development of its students and nurtures it with care to boost the career to a pinnacle of ultimate success which might be the envy of many. I would say Integrated course at LPU not just save a year but is financially compatible as well. As per my view LPU has an edge in terms of curriculum, exposures, and placements. Few major highlights of this course at LPU are : Accreditation: School of Business has been accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) of USA for its Management, Commerce and Economics programmes. Ranking: School is ranked No. 2 in India in Outreach and Inclusivity and 49th overall in the prestigious NIRF 2020 ranking released by The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. Diversity: School has students from all states of the country and more than 500 students from all over the world. Live Projects & Consultancy: students have collaborated with various companies for their Live Projects such as Himalaya wellness, Bonn biscuits, Sony, Colgate, Modern Food, Capgemini, Oyo Rooms, Decathlon, Big Bazaar, Godrej, Lyoness, EduIsFun, Republic Motors, Facebook, Sitaby, Cloud Buy, Training Wizards, Design Lounge etc. Entrepreneurship Projects: Students have opportunity to earn while learn by entering into entrepreneurship projects. Industry delivered certifications : Opportunity is provided for pursuing industry delivered Certificate like Digital Marketing, Six Sigma Green Belt, Financial Modeling, NCFM, NCCMP, LEAP. Cutting Edge Courses in Workshop Mode for Hands-on Experience. Several workshops from industry leaders to boost student’s learning. Experiential Learning Activities & Business Games makes learning more fun at LPU. Innovative Pedagogy and updated industry based curriculum make students industry ready. Community Development Projects, that adds on the extra learning and practical exposure for students. Co-Curricular & Extra Curricular Activities: Students participate in events like Company Day, ET Quiz, ICICI Stock Mind, IDFC Macropoly, Hunt for Brand Managers, etc. External Competitions Close Interface with the Corporate World,Guest Lectures, Live Projects and Industry training all are integral part of curriculum. Placements: 200+ Campus placement drives with reputed brands ere held for 2019 passing out batch. In today highly competitive environment, students continue to stand out to the employers. Students are placed in the best brands like Amazon, Federal bank, Delivery, Asian Paints, Berger Paint, Bajaj Electrical, Colgate Palmolive, Federal Bank, HUL, ITC, Loreal, Marico, MRF, Vodafone to name a few. LPU not just provides trainings and placements but also trains the studentsso that cracking interview is a cake walk. Vast infrastructure and faculty strength allows LPU to follow covid regulations properly. Browse the websites to check the academic excellence offered. Seats are filling up fast due to online admissions so book your seat. I hope this helps. All the Best.!
LPU, with the vision to be among the top universities in the world, has faculty with sound educational background, teaching experience, research orientation, and industry exposure. With approximately 370 M.Tech qualified, 23 M.Phils, and 724 Ph.D. faculty members, including faculty members from IITs, IIMs, IIITs, etc., LPU has one of the best intellectual capital. 70+ faculty/staff members from foreign countries including the USA, Germany, France, Russia, Romania, Poland, China, etc. bring diversity into teaching. To enhance the quality of education, faculty members are provided with facilities like academic extension leaves for perusing doctoral/research studies, attending development/training programs outside the university, and on-campus training programs are arranged with academic and industry experts from within and outside the university on a periodical basis.
School of Journalism and Film Production, LPU, is a leading teacher education institution in northern India. It offers courses from journalism, TV, and film industries from bachelor to doctorate level. The School has an enriched library with huge stock of books, reference materials, journals (print, electronic, and online), and modern lab facilities to support teaching, learning, and research. The School follows a professional curriculum in its academic programmes. It also holds seminars and conferences at national and international levels. The students are also provided with mandatory curricular inputs as employment enhancement activities to prepare and clear competitive tests.
If I talk about placements, many companies visit LPU for the recruitment of students like Hindustan Times, Indian Express, The Hindu, Dainik Jagran, Dainik Bhaskar, The Tribune, Times Now, CNN IBN, ABP News, India TV, NDTV India, Zee News, India Today and Outlook
It provides the following courses:
1) B.A. (Journalism and Mass Communication) - 3 yrs. (6 Semesters)
2) B.Sc. (Film and TV Production)- 3 yrs. (6 Semesters)
3) B.Design (Film and TV Production)- 4 yrs. (8 Semesters)
1) M.Sc. (Film and TV Production)- 2 yrs. (4 Semesters)
2) M.A. (Journalism and Mass Communication)- 2 yrs. (4 Semesters)
After Post Graduation
1) Ph.D. (Journalism and Mass Communication) [Full Time]
Other Options Available In The Programme:
Ph.D. (Journalism and Mass Communication) [Part Time]
Choices lead to comparisons but what choices you make and how you further build your career is ultimately up to you. It is not possible to give details about other universities or how they are doing, but I can definitely tell you some facts about LPU:
Accreditations and Ranking:
- It is ranked at 87 among top engineering colleges in India by NIRF Ranking 2020.
- Among top 25 institutes for promoting entrepreneurship by MHRD
- Outlook has ranked the university 5th among the top 50 private state universities.
- School of Pharmaceutical Sciences holds 27 position in NIRF 2020 ranking
- With this, LPU is also ranked at 125 and among all engineering colleges and institutions in India
- Every year more than 800 companies visit the campus for recruitment.
- Top recruiters are Tech Mahindra, Accenture, Amazon, Google, Wipro, MAQ Software, Dell, Samsung, Capgemini, etc
- The highest salary offered by Microsoft was 42 LPA this year to a B.Tech CSE student.
- Apart from placement of students in India, LPU also makes efforts for placing students in abroad companies including MNCs.
In the School of Computer Science of LPU, a lot of measures are constantly taken for innovative teaching methods. Few of these are the ones.
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device): This customized learning approach gives students control of their education. It will allow you the ability to operate in a self-paced 24/7 mode in the laboratory.
- Project Oriented Learning: A dynamic approach in which students question real-world concerns and challenges in solving minor tasks, live projects, and challenges relevant to design problems.
- Learn from experts: Expert lectures are held throughout the year in the form of seminars, where industry/academia experts come and share their expertise to boost learning for students.
- Short-term Certification Courses: In addition to their regular classes, short-term training courses are also offered to students opting for UG and PG commerce programs.
- With more than 20000+ hostellers, it is the world's largest private university accommodation. The infrastructure is AA+ which includes shopping malls, refreshment centers.
- The university has a diverse student population with students coming from India as well as the world.
- More than 20000 students are receiving scholarships and financial support in the last 3 years. LPU is dedicated to making educational opportunities available to everyone.
Induction Program: A team of professionals organizes the Induction Program. It is often referred to as Introductory Week, where students attend orientation sessions, discover the university and have the opportunity to socialize with former classmates.
LPU ranks amongst the Top 200 universities of the world as per the prestigious ‘Times Higher Education Impact Rankings’ 2021, which assess universities against the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). In 2021 rankings, only three Indian universities have made to the list of ‘Top 200 in the World’. LPU has outshined various institutions like IITs, NITs, state and central universities across India and has ranked high on parameters of Affordable and Clean Energy, and Decent Work and Economic Growth.
LPU Shines in Different Categories in NIRF 2020 Ranking Released by MHRD, Government of India.
Lovely Professional University's commitment to teaching excellence and providing highest quality education to its students has once again brought laurels. The Ministry of Human Resource Department, Government of India has released NIRF Ranking 2020 and LPU appears in Top 100 in its most crucial Overall category, which includes IITs and Central Universities. LPU is also ranked 78th in the list of all the government and private universities of the country. University’s Engineering School is in the Top 100, Management School in the Top 50, and Pharmacy School in the Top 30 institutions of India.
LPU is a brand in itself. It has been ranked as one of the best universities by various agencies on the basis of its infrastructure, its placements, its pedagogy, its faculty, to mention a few.
The university leaves no stone unturned to shape the future of its students. It is definitely the first choice of both national and international students.
India has three universities in the top 200 list of universities on overall performance in sustainable development goal (SDG) parameters. But there are several universities in the top 200 list when it comes to individual SDG goals like clean water and sanitation and gender equity, UK-based Times Higher Education (THE) said in a fresh global ranking of 1,240 varsities worldwide.
LPU among the only three Universities ranked ‘Ranked top 200 in the world’ in Times Higher Education Impact Ranking 2021
Punjab’s LPU among the top 200 Universities in the world
Lovely Professional University (LPU), a private university, earned the laurel of being in the top 200 Universities in the world and among the top three in India. The University even beat participating Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and National Institute of Technology (NIT).
Under the ‘affordable and clean energy’ category, four universities rank in the top 100. Debutants Lovely Professional University at 22nd.
LPU is ranked 59th globally and 2nd in India for decent work and economic growth as only three Indian Universities and made it to the Higher Education Impact Rankings 2021 top 200 list globally ahead of all participating NITs and IITs.
LPU is now among the top 25 Institutes in India to be recognized for promoting Innovation and Entrepreneurship by MHRD, Govt of India.
LPU is also ranked among the top 100 institutions in India in overall category by NIRF.
LPU is also ranked 78th on the list of all the government and private universities of the country. University’s Engineering School is in the Top 100, Management School in the Top 50, and Pharmacy School in the Top 30 institutions of India.
As per my experience, LPU is the best University in India. LPU becomes the best place to pursue your degree with highly qualified teaching staff, the best laboratories, and modern technologies. LPU provides abundant opportunities for students to think out of the box.