[Official] ISME Mumbai PGDM Admissions 2021-23

114 Posts  ·  1,202 Users
About this group

Join the discussion on ISME Mumbai PGDM Admission 2021-23 and get all the information about ISME Mumbai Admission

Page 1 of 12

Feedback On Virtual Internship

Sharmin Karanjia| FYPGDM_General

It is often said that, even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there. We at ISME always believe in challenging the status quo and continuously being on the go. In 2020, as the rest of the world was on a standstill when Covid 19 emerged, we at ISME decided to go beyond the norms and help our PGDM students secure virtual summer internships. 

Our students managed to bag a variety of roles like marketing, finance, sales, analytics, business development and human resources. We had some high profile companies on board, like HUL, Ernst and Young, Trident Hotels and Modelez who were delighted with the passion and vigour that our students demonstrated during their internship. Our students not only gained valuable industry knowledge and skills through their summer internships, but also learnt how to be competitive and stay at the forefront in the new normal that Covid 19 brought along.

Admissions open for 2021-23  

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Feedback on Class Diversity

Nikhil Luthiya|SYPGDM_RBA

Hi, I am Nikhil Luthiya, and I am pursuing my post graduate degree in Research and Business Analytics at ISME. I have been a consistent student in terms of studies as I stood 1st in every trimester. I have also been awarded the Student of the Year title for exemplary performance in the first year.

Moving away from academic performances, the most important aspect of gaining knowledge at ISME was to study in a collaborative learning environment without any hassles. Majority of my friends at ISME belonged to a diverse background, the classroom is a heterogeneous mixture of people.

It is a fascinating opportunity to extend the knowledge and obtain information about the cultural behaviour of the class. I was completely introduced to a new world inside my classroom which not only helped broaden my exposure to the diverse cultures present in India but also made me accept their presence in spite of different views we all shared.

Initially, I was refraining from interacting with my classmates because of the different habits they portrayed, but as time moved forward, it was actually interesting to know their lives and learn from them. 

One of my friends named Vishal from Rajasthan lived his life differently than others, his cultural views and actions inspired me to live my life with a more positive outlook. One of the biggest advantages was to get a hold of learning new languages which resulted in improving my linguistic knowledge.

The era of globalization requires us, future professionals to be able to work in diverse environments across the Globe. Learning at ISME with students from different cultures and ethnicity is a wonderful experience as it will prepare me to be more accommodative and accept changes in life.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

International Journal of Engineering & Technology

Cloud infrastructure solution: Building cost effective model for real time hands-on labs using computing methodologies for productive learning solutions in academics

-Yogesh Madhukar Ghorpade , Prof. Dr. R. Kamatchi 

This paper compares on-premise and cloud vendors and implements lab infrastructure using a proven model for a cost effective approach. The experiment makes use of both open-source and proprietary technologies.The Cloud deployment model is discussed here which plays a important role in Cloud infrastructure building. ‘YGCIS’ methodology is used for developing cloud infrastructure for both on-premise and public cloud, its infrastructure and resources play a vital role. Then the ‘YGCCS’ framework is used to introduce a cost- effective Total Cost Ownership strategy. The ‘YGCCS’ framework consists of three stages. The development of TCO computing framework is the first stage. The infrastructure is tested in the second stage and the prediction analysis obtained in second stage is the final stage. The result obtained by ‘YGCCS’ technique is cost effective or not is studied and computed . In the open-source group, there is 54% cost gap between cloud vendors and on-premise vendors which opt for cloud vendors. In the proprietary with BCP category, there is 22% cost gap between cloud vendors and on- premise vendor, which also opts for cloud vendors. There is 38% of overall cost effectiveness for cloud vendors as compared to on- premise vendors. Hence the paper comes to the conclusion, the cost- effective framework and its deployment are helpful in construction of cloud infrastructure that is cost effective.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Feedback on Corporate Webinar

Harsh Shah|SYPGDM_General

In the past 2 years that I have been a part of the P.G.D.M. program, I have the chance to listen and

Sometimes interact with many stalwarts from the industry, from Colgate-Palmolive to RandStad and

from HUL to google.

From all these seminars I have heard the industry leaders tell us the importance of work-life balance

and how important one’s mental health when working under high-stress environments.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Feedback On Online Learning

Hiren Agarwal|FYPGDM_General

Member of Junior Placement Committee | Batch 2022 Online learning has shown significant growth over the last year, asthe internet and education combine to provide people with the opportunity to gain new skills. Since the COVID-19 outbreak, online learning has become more centric in people's lives. The pandemic has forced schools, universities, and companies to remote working and this booms the usage of online learning. ISME caught the eye of most aspirants including me as they positioned themselves as premium B-School in the heart of Mumbai. From day one at ISME it was special. Keeping the backbone of online teaching we had one of the best head starts in comparison to any AICTE approved colleges. Teachers at ISME made online learning so much engaging and fun that going back to classroom learning wasn’t missed at all. Faculty at ISME believed no government approvals or even the worst pandemic can stop the flow of education. We learned, we questioned, we disagreed, and we answered, being a student at ISME we didn’t stopped. Completing almost a year at ISME PGDM I look back and smile to the best decision I made for myself.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Career Connect a platform to get aspiring students and organizations together for placements and internships. It also gave the organization an opportunity to interact with the best talent on campus and go through their portfolios and facilitate the organizations to recruit. 

https://youtu.be/8JO3mE8zezs

Video Thumbnail104107322791436
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

International Journal of Engineering & Technology

EDM– survey of performance factors and algorithms applied

Abstract about the Research paper 

Educational Data Mining (EDM) is a recent research area in the fields of data mining and information discovery in databases (KDD). It primarily focuses on extracting valuable themes and insights from educational information systems ranging from schools to colleges and universities. Analyzing student data and knowledge to execute different tasks such as student classification or development

Making informed choices or improving student success using decision trees or association principles is an exciting area of study.

The paper provides an overview of different EDM activities and the algorithms (methods) used to complete them. The paper discusses the gaps and problems in the Algorithms used, Performance Factors taken into account, and data used in EDM.

Conclusion:

For Educationists, Educational Data Mining (EDM) is a fascinating area of research. Despite the fact that there is a lot of research going on in this area, the primary emphasis is still on schoolchildren. Researchers also have access to a large amount of data about students as a result of the digitization trend. The secret to every nation's prosperity is the production of good practitioners. As a result, it is critical to examine student records.

As a result, data from students enrolled in professional programmes can be examined. It's critical to figure out what influences influence their behaviour or performance.

As a consequence, analysing data from students enrolled in educational courses and producing findings relevant to their behaviour or success is a crucial and fascinating activity.

Construction is a productive mechanism with a lot of fragmentation among the members. This reality causes a slew of issues, the majority of which stem from a lack of teamwork among the participants. Many concepts in SCM may be used to resolve and minimise fragmentation. Those standards, though, were created in a production setting, which has very different conditions.

The analysis presented in this paper suggests that the principles of SCM can be applied to the Chilean construction industry despite of the existence of several inadequate conditions currently in the industry, as shown by the survey’s results. Some of this adverse conditions are: the short-term approach of management decisions in the construction sector, the lack of managers’ commitment with the required changes, the absence of sound communication channels between construction participants and the lack of management’ training, between others. Therefore, it is proposed that to achieve the benefits of SCM it is necessary to apply a very systematic but flexible approach and with a long-term planning horizon so that many of these conditions can be changed effectively.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS IN INDIA: Aftermath of the Puttaswamy Judgement

Reproductive rights include an individual’s right to family planning, terminate pregnancy, use contraception and access reproductive health services. It encompasses a wide range of civil, political as well as socio-economic rights, ranging from the most basic right i.e. the right to life (Article 21) and extending to rights that guarantee non-discrimination and equality (Article 14), privacy as well as the right to information. Thus, realization of all human rights. They encompass a spectrum of civil, political, economic, and social rights, from the rights to health and life, to the rights to equality and non-discrimination, privacy, information, and to be free from torture or ill-treatment

On 24 August, 2017, a nine-judge bench of the Supreme Court of India (hereafter SC or Court) unanimously affirmed privacy as a fundamental right under the Constitution (Justice K S Puttaswamy v Union of India 2012a). The bench recognised privacy as an inalienable right, grounded in values such as dignity which underlie all our fundamental rights, and it categorically located privacy in the individual. While judges phrased their conceptions of privacy differently, the bench commonly held privacy to cover personal autonomy relating to the body, mind, and to making choices, as well as informational privacy.

Since 1971 with the enactment of the Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act (MTP), abortions are permissible in India basis the context and demographic characteristics of the woman seeking services (age, economic status, environment, adverse impacts/improvements on health). Legality is similarly contingent upon the woman’s consent. If the pregnant woman is below 18 or has a mental illness, her guardians’ consent is required as per the MTP, 2003 Act.

The Puttaswamy judgment specifically recognised the constitutional right of women to make reproductive choices, as a part of personal liberty under Article 21 of the Indian Constitution (Justice K S Puttaswamy v Union of India 2012a: para 72, 2012b: para 46, 2012c: para 38). The bench also reiterated the position adopted by a three-judge bench in Suchita Srivastava v Chandigarh Administration (2009), which held that reproductive rights include a woman’s entitlement to carry a pregnancy to its full term, to give birth, and to subsequently raise children; and that these rights form part of a woman’s right to privacy, dignity, and bodily integrity.

Human rights include a woman’s right to make reproductive decisions as well as a wide gamut of sexual rights. These internationally recognized fundament rights available to all women include the right to be free from torture, the most basic right to life, the right to a safe environment and health and most recently in India the right to privacy. Violations of women’s sexual and reproductive health rights are often engrained deeply in patriarchal values of society that are related to controlling sexuality of women. The privacy judgment has rekindled the debate around several laws that seek to control the right of a woman to make a “meaningful choice”. The Puttaswamy decision paves a way for future writs to substantially challenge on constitutional grounds the legislations reproductive rights.

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

ISME is a revolutionary academic ecosystem with a focus on creative thinking and design led innovation. We invest in students to Learn from India’s top faculty and industry leaders. In addition to offering timely input on student growth, faculty will also help improve student success by discovering innovative ways to inspire students to come to class as planned.When students reach college, they are granted a lot of independence, which can be daunting.

Post 102384820692377
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Shivani Nirula, ISME PGMBE student tells us about her journey right from her startup ESKA to getting a scholarship for completing her MBA at University of Bath 

To know more click on the link below: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFtQ2NganlQ

Admission open 2021-23 

Video Thumbnail102233427384846
2 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...