IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Admissions 2019-20 | PaGaLGuY

320 Posts  ·  3,310 Users
About this group

Join the discussion on IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Admissions 2019-20 and Get all the details about IIMA PGPX, IIMA PGPX Fess, IIMA PGPX Placements and much more from our MBA section

Page 1 of 32

Has anyone ever heard of an applicant cracking IIM-A with a GMAT score of 640? I believe I have a good profile but I cannot improve on my GMAT. Need advice.

1 comment
Tridisha
@Tridisha  ·  29 karma

Chances are very very low! However, if you have an unique profile that explains your inability to retry GMAT, you may get an interview call. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello all, I am an alumnus of the 16~17 batch and am fairly active in social media. Please do ask in case of any questions (no profile evaluation requests please :P)

|Ather Energy | IIM Ahmedabad | Cyient | University of Michigan, Ann Arbor | Toyota
1 comment
anshukumar01
@anshukumar01  ·  0 karma

Hi, I have a query. What is the difference in terms of chances while applying for R2 applications. Does someone applying for R1 have advantage over R2 applicants? Thanks in advance for your reply.  

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, I am SBI Branch manager with 3 years exp in banking and 1 year exp in TCS. I have 705 in gmat and 86% in 10th std and 79% in 12th std. What are my chances in iim pgpx?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

IT sector the top paymaster, recruiter of IIM Ahmedabad’s PGPX graduates over nine years | Ahmedabad News - Times of India

• Higher domestic salary in 2019 compared to 2018:IIM Ahmedabad has shared that the highest domestic salary for One Year MBA / MBA For Executives (PGPX) has also gone up to Rs.60 Lacs per annum in 2019 as compared to Rs.54.6 LPA in 2018
  • Higher international Salary in 2019 compared to 2018: The international package of $ 109,666 (Rs.76.76 lakhs) is much higher than the highest package of $70,252 bagged by a student in 2018
  • The highest international salary figure is the same as the average international salary figure as there was only 1 international offer
  • Average domestic salary for PGPX in 2019: Rs.30,35,708
  • Minimum Domestic Salary for PGPX in 2019: Rs 17,00,000
  • 75 Recruiters offered 290 different roles
  • 27 New Recruiters made offers in Placement 2019
  • 114 offers were accepted by the students
  • One student was offered International Placement in Europe
  • Top Recruiters:McKinsey, Microsoft, Amazon, Ericsson, Google, Accenture, Adani Group, Adidas AG, Genpact, HSBC, ICICI Bank, Infosys, OYO, Uber
  • 20 students of IIM Ahmedabad one year programme (PGPX) did not seek placements through the institute
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am working as Manager in SBI, Xth 68,XII th76,Btech 7.7 cgpa, having 7 year experience in state bank of India what are my chances for IIM A pgpx, should I prepare

2 likes2 comments
Sgdeu
@Sgdeu  ·  4 karma

@navnitkrsingh We have 4-5 people from SBI in our current MBA batch. Do well in your GMAT and ace the interview. The Admit does not depend on a single score but on a combination of different parameters. Best of luck.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Tridisha
@Tridisha  ·  29 karma

Focus on GMAT and profile. The rest will fall in place easily. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@Tridisha

Post my Mechanical Engneering I did Graduate Marine Engineering (to understand it better, it's a 1 year transition course to Marine Engineering). I have 8 years of experience in Merchant Navy and scored 310 (Q160, V150) on GRE. Is it worth applying to pgpx with this diverse experience and score. 

2 comments
Sgdeu
@Sgdeu  ·  4 karma

@Satyajeet_Chouhan Every year we have a few people from Merchant Navy. The average GRE score for our current batch is 320. IIM A is flexible in terms of giving interviews because they want to know the real you behind the numbers. The Admit does not depend on a single score but on a combination of different parameters. I would expect you to get a interview call with your score. If you can improve your score go for it otherwise apply with your current score and ace the interview. Best of luck.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Tridisha
@Tridisha  ·  29 karma

While your GRE score is low, you should evaluate other factors in your resume and decide on how you fare with competing applicants. IF you think, you can score more, try again for GRE, else apply with this score and focus on your application.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Fellow aspirants,

I am preparing for GMAT and for the first/ last time want a premier institute on my resume as PGPX.

Below are my details

X-76%

XII- 59%

Bsc Computers- 78%

MBA- 69%

Other educational qualifications-

Cleared UGC NET in 2017

Work experience-

Started of as brand manager in an advertising agency in 2011, worked in 4 agenies as an account planner later on.

Now working in a PSU on contract as Marketing Manager.

Total experience is like 8 years.

What is my feasiblility for next year for institutes like IIM-A,B,C.

2 comments
Tridisha
@Tridisha  ·  29 karma

With the information given, there is nothing that stops you from getting in. However, a lot will ride on varied factors such as GMAT score and clarity of thoughts on why you need another MBA. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Sgdeu
@Sgdeu  ·  4 karma

It all depends on how good you are in the interview. Why a second MBA and How well can you connect your past experience - > PGPX -- > Post MBA goals together. Give your best. Good luck !

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear Applicants, 

If you have any questions regarding IIMA PGPX programme, kindly post it here on this thread. I would be happy to help you.

Thanks

Harish (current PGPX student)

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
Satyajeet_Chouhan
@Satyajeet_Chouhan  ·  0 karma

Hi Harish !

Post my Mechanical Engneering I did Graduate Marine Engineering (to understand it better, it's a 1 year transition course to Marine Engineering). I have 8 years of experience in Merchant Navy and scored 310 (Q160, V150) on GRE. Is it worth applying to pgpx with this diverse experience and score.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
nitish.forums
@nitish.forums  ·  0 karma

I wanted to evaluate whether to apply in R1 vs R2. Suppose i receive the acceptance after R1, what is the time given for accepting the offer? and is there any token amount to be paid? 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, Please evaluate my profile

Age/37

I'm a commerece graduate I completed my graduation in 2002. but I'm having 2nd division in all Xth, XIIth, and B.Com. I'm also having gap between job and study as handled family business for 2 years.  

I've completed PG (MBA) in Multiple streams thru Distance Learning. i.e. Information Technology, Technical Writing, Supply Chain Management,  Business Analytics & Digital Marketing. I got 1st Division in all PG diploma or executive MBA 

I'm certified in Project Management & Service Management. i.e. Prince2 Practitioner & ITIL Expert. I've also completed Project Management course from XLRI. I'm doing Senior Management Programme (Part time) from IIM-Cal 

I'm having 11 years of experience in IT and 3 Years in Finance & Accounts. I have worked as a Business Analyst & Solution Architect with multiple software companies including HCL, Hitachi & Accenture . I also worked in Finance Dept of Indiabulls 

I've handled international clients for Microsoft ERP implementation i.e. US, Singapore, Canada, China & Middleeast

I'm looking for 1 year regular  executive MBA from any IIM, XLRI or ISB

Please suggest

6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
Tridisha
@Tridisha  ·  29 karma

With 11 years of experience and exposure to family business and various management programs, you should target all 1 yr programs (IIMs (A, B, C, L &I), ISB, XLRI and even SP Jain). However, a few of these colleges should be your focus areas. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Tridisha
@Tridisha  ·  29 karma

Aditionally you have to think a lot about how you will stich a story from these various career choices that you have made. A strong story and extreme clarity of though on Why MBA will be essential for you to get an interview call. A strong GMAT score (in line with class average) will also be necessary to overshadow your past academic scores. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...