[Official] IIM Kozhikode PI/Essay/Resume Shortlist Discussion 2020-22

2,999 Posts  ·  10,354 Users
Page 1 of 300

Female NC OBC engineer 10th 99% 12th 95.25% Grad 84.8% CAT 79.5%ile No work ex IIM K Interview was good

Direct select
Waitlist
Reject
1 like5 comments14 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

NC-OBC male 

Cate Scaled score: 87.95 (97.49 percentile )

PI :  good (almost answered all )

No resume points

What are my chances ?

Direct convert
Waitlist convert
Waitlist and Reject
Direct reject
5 answers

When will the results be out?

2 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

CAT Scaled Score: 98.75 (98.8%ile) General Category

+4 For NIRF College under 30

Transcript for the Interview,

Initially stuttered by saying Good Evening then realised that I should wish Good Morning, then they also wished Good Morning.

Q Introduce yourself

A Answered

Q What have you done since your graduation?

A Sir, I have been doing various initiatives & have been writing Blogs for the mentoring programme. Apart from that I had been preparing for the Bank PO exam & have been giving CAT (This is my 3rd attempt).

Q Since you did Economics why not MA in Economics?

A Sir, I am doing MA in Economics from IGNOU.

Q Ok, so why aren't you doing it from a better University than IGNOU? Plus, have you been at these Interviews before

A Sir, I didn't secure admission at institutes like DSE, etc. Plus, I was at the IIM K interview last year, however, I couldn't convert.

Q Why have your Acads dropped in the 6th Sem of UG?

A Sir, their were subjects I was slightly uncomfortable with like the Finance related subjects

Q We have Finance Subjects over here, would you be able to adjust?

A Yes Sir, I have learnt from my mistakes & will be able to adjust to the Finance related Subjects.

Q What is the Phillips Curve?

A Answered

Q Please elaborate further?

A Drew a Diagram

Q As in (gave a case based Q)

A Answered

Q What is the Lorenz Curve?

A Wasn't sure, asked to take a guess & realised the guess was incorrect after the Interview.

Q Who won the Nobel Prize for Economics?

A Robert Wilson & Paul Milgrom (Both USA) for the Auction Theory.

Q What is the Auction Theory?

A Answered

Q Tell me something about some of the previous Nobel Prize Laureats?

A Answered

Then Ma'am started asking

Q Tell me about Behavioural Economics?

A Answered (This was a detailed answer)

Q Diff. b/w Behavioural & Traditional Economics?

A Answered

Q Why MBA?

A Answered

Q You seem to speak about that 100%iler endeavour a lot, is there a diff. of character or anything else b/w a 100 & 99%iler?

A In Marks, yes, however, in terms of character not really as a 99%iler may have a much better personality. I have a 98.8%ile which is close to 99. However, still we have a mutual respect for each other.

Q Tell me something about the recent Economic News?

A Answered in terms of COVID Vaccine & Budget.

Q Give your opinion about the budget.

A Answered & gave quite a good answer involving all the points.

Q What do you think has changed in your perspective in doing an MBA one year ago & now.

A I have learnt a lot Ma'am & have evolved a lot as a person. Last time I had loads of nerves & when I was asked the CM'S & Governors of South Indian States I was clueless. However, the nerves have improved & I have improved & I learnt from my mistakes & have learnt the CM'S & Governors of South Indian States. However, nerves are still there being a weakness, like at the beginning of the Interview Ma'am while wishing Good Evening accidentally Ma'am.

Q What else interested in apart from Games & Sports?

A I have slight interest in Reading, like I was reading the Nelson Mandela Autobiography which was a part of my Younger Sister's course. Especially while waiting for my Interviews Ma'am.

Q Like reading the Newspapers? 

A To a certain extent like the TOI.

Q Why not the Economics Times?

A I have been more comfortable with the TOI Ma'am, however, will read the Economic times more regularly like you have suggested Ma'am.

In general, the tone was soft & I sounded genuine & I am really confident about the Answered Q's.

Conversion Chances?

Direct Convert
Waitlist & Convert
Waitlist & Reject
Direct Reject
25 answers

CAT 86.68 , SC category Resume score 4 , non engineer PI - Average (slightly better than avg) Chances of conversation?

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys, Vikash Sir (an HEC Paris alumnus, with 10+ years of experience) from Breakspace is doing a FREE knowledge session on 10th April 2021. He will be talking about things that we need to do next, life at Bschool, how to have an edge over peers and answering other queries of yours.

Register if you're interested! Only 75 participants allowed.

Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1AkzdzEfxY861eKoUrbQCOzbDE448HLxXN7-YWC2hz5U/edit

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
EWS Female Fresher Engineering background CAT %ile -96.32 Acads : 92.33/89.6/88.9 Resume score -0 Interview - Almost very good Chances of convert for IIM K

Direct convert
Waitlist and Convert
Waitlist and reject
Direct Reject
2 comments54 answers

GEF

CAT %ile - 95.13

Acads - 95/97.6/7.12 (X,XII,UG)

Resume Score - 4

Work Ex - 34 months

Interview - Not so bad, not so great

Chances of convert for IIMK?

Direct Convert
Waitlist & Convert
Waitlist & Reject
Direct Reject
36 answers

IIT Roorkee. CAT : 96.5 Acads: 91/88/71 OBC Male 30 months workex Resume points: 4 PI: Went below avg. Couldn't answer 2 questions on Acads. Apart from that nothing significant in interview. So would say below average PI. Chances of conversion ?

Direct Convert
Waitlist and convert
Reject
Poll check
34 answers