Page 1 of 106

Vote for Clarity

Converted, General withdrawing from Kozhikode after 3rd list
Waitlisted, General not joining K after 3rd list
Converted, OBC withdrawing from K after 3rd list
Waitlisted, OBC not joining K after 3rd list
Poll Check
14 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

When is the next list expected ?

1 comment
SaritaUikey
@SaritaUikey  ·  1 karma

@Mohit67 20th

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can anyone who has converted answer these 2 questions: 1) After paying 75K, are you supposed to mail any documents and proofs? 2) Also are you supposed to send any documents by post to IIMK?

2 comments
agarm007
@agarm007  ·  1 karma

Yes it s mentioned in the letter

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
irahul101
@irahul101  ·  27 karma

Read the mail properly.. U will onow

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

answer to a few queries 

Q. what should you study for before coming to campus?

A. you dont need to study anything. you can if you want to. but theres no need.

engineers could study accounting if youre so inclined. non engineers could study statistics. organisational behaviour will require effort to mug up. study microeconomics if you havent before. for marketing theres Kotler...

but you dont need to. the teachers are good. and the academic load isnt a lot...

4 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

answer to a few queries
Q. how do we fit in into the institute if we opt of the ragging? wont the seniors refuse to help us if dont dance to their tropes?
A. Not all of us are like that. but there are some of us who call themselves the custodians of the institute culture. there are fun and good aspects to the culture but this ragging bit is something that a part of us differ on.

you will not be sidelined or ignored if you refuse to participate in this part.

one way to tell the two types of seniors apart is to see how they behave with you or talk to you. if they're cold, or insulting or demeaning, then they are in on the ragging. steer clear of them if you want to.

once the orientation weeks done, nobody will care about who was or wasnt there to be ragged. they arent bad people. they have their own things to get done.

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

answers to a few queries at K 

Q. do you need LAN cables?

A. you dont. the campus is wifi enabled. the hostels, admin block, acad block, classrooms, auditoriums and even the campus restaurant has IIMK wifi routers installed.

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Q. what is the deal with the medical insurance? do have to get it? or does the college buy it for us?

A. Last year for PGP 22, K bought insurance for the entire batch. last year's joining instructions too said nothing about insurance. AO would be the best one to instruct you on this. 

if nothing else, insurance is available online. you could select your plan and buy it on the registration day if youre the ones who are supposed to buy it this year.

2 likes5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
aarkaye
@aarkaye  ·  61 karma

@prachinayak im sorry. i read my 2018 joining instructions. it said nothing about insurance. i apologise for the wrong information. i have ammended my answer accordingly.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
prachinayak
@prachinayak  ·  4 karma

@aarkaye Hey, Its okay, no problem....Thanks for the confirmation

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Q. medical certificate and vaccinations. are they neccessary?

A. the medical certificate is. it has to be from a govt hospital.

the vaccinations arent neccesary. but K recommends that you get vaccinated. some vaccines are expensive. so i was a little put off when i came to know in campus that i DIDNT HAVE to get them. 

i know vaccines are good. but i had already taken them as a kid but didnt have anything to show for it. so for a written record a got them again.

3 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

answers to a few queries about K:

Q. Are students' vehicles allowed on campus? what is the vehicle/transport scene at K?

A. No. they arent. PGP students cant get their vehicles inside campus. but theres space outside the main gate. the campus is connected to the highway via a road. you can check it out on Gmaps. thats the road the students park their vehicles on. there are car and bike rentals available just outside campus. if youve planned a trip and hired a car, you can ask the security to get it in campus for an hour or two. they keep track of such vehicles so you cant have it inside overnight. 

there are institute buses which ply from the hostels to the main gate. they start plying at around 430-5pm and then upto 1230. the schedule changes but the buses ply every half an hour or 45 minutes. 

from the highway you can take an auto to the city. they'll take you there, wait while you shop or eat or hangout, then bring you back and drop you at your hostel. they charge 600-700 depending on for how many hours you hire them for and how much you travel once in the city.

there are also public buses. they charge ₹15 one way. there are two fleets which ply. one is of private buses they ply till 9pm at night. the other is KSRTC they ply all night. frequency decreases as it gets late. but they do ply.

3 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Which one is best in terms of placements and exposure?

IMI Delhi pgdm bfs
Imt ghaziabad
KJ core
Tapmi core
Bim trichy
Great lakes chennai
IBS hyderabad
59 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.