[Official] FMS Delhi Admissions 2020-22

1,489 Posts  ·  4,132 Users
About this group

Join the discussion on FMS Delhi Admission 2020-22 and Get the details about the Faculty of Management Studies College, Admission Process, Eligibility, Fees, placements and cut off.

FMS MBA

Faculty of Management Studies is one of the leading management education institutes of India and operates as a part of the University of Delhi. The focus of the institute is on management education and not just business management. The experienced faculty at FMS aims to open up students mind to intellectual curiosity and adventure of ideas.

1. Brief Introduction about the course

FMS offers postgraduate and doctoral level education programs for its students with the most popular one being the MBA-full time. This course aims to deliver the latest management education to the students in order to prepare business leaders for tomorrow who can handle complex situations they might face in the future easily.

2. Eligibility 

• Applicant must have completed an undergraduate degree (three years minimum) from a recognized university or deemed university with a “pass” result and must have scored at least 50% marks.

• Final year students may also apply, but the admission will subject to achieving “pass” result in the examination.

3. Selection Process 

• Applicant must complete the MBA Application form and pay the application fees on the official website of FMS.

• Applicants will be shortlisted based on their scores in the CAT.

• Selected applicants must appear for a group discussion, extempore, and a personal interview.

• The final list of selected candidates will be prepared based on academic performance, and the result of group discussion, extempore, and personal interview.

4. Application Start and End date 

• The application process starts from –       Not available

• The application process ends on      –       Not available

5. Exam accepted for Course

• CAT

6. Placements Report for the Class of 2018

• Highest Package –           48.00 Lakhs per annum

• Average Package –           23.20 Lakhs per annum

• Median Package –           21.20 Lakhs per annum

7. Scholarship offered by the College

Scholarships are available for meritorious students.

Page 1 of 149

I guess as most of us are bored.. so just wanted your thoughts on what can be cutoff percentile incase even FMS wants to go 100% CAT based selection. It seems reasonable enough as IISc has nearly pulled this off and considering FMS doesnt have the infra to conduct online interviews.

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
raghavamen
@raghavamen  ·  6 karma

In case that does happen, let's try to find the value.  

I'm going to do this calculation for General if you don't mind : 

Shortlisted students: 1010

Assuming that at least 200 students from the list end up taking IIM A/B/C/XLRI/L 

We are left with the next 200 batch students.   

We also have to take into consideration gender diversity ( 3 marks) and academic diversity (10 marks).  

I would say a 99.7 GEM with acads of (8) would be the last person to get through.  

If you increase your acads to 10, it'll roughly come to 99.55, and if you make it 9, it should come to 99.6~99.65

Similar calculations can be done.  This is just my interpretation, I may be wrong as well.  

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Rat_P
@Rat_P  ·  56 karma

Ohh then they should consider 10th ,12th ,work ex too

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have 77%(State Board) in 10th, 61% in 12th(CBSE). 82% in B.Tech(non IIT, non NIT). 

2019 graduate working as data analyst since August 2019. Will low batch size in FMS help in getting summer internship shortlists? Shall I choose FMS above IIMs?

Since I have low acads, which b school will be best for my profile? I want to get into consulting or finance or Tech and settle abroad. I am very interested in finance and trading but I know I wont get shortlisted in finance or consulting roles due to low 10th 12th grades. 

Thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What are your thoughts on the dates and the processes which will be followed in regarding with the gd and pi.. Railways and Flights for now is seen to be resuming from 15th of april ,also lockdown might be lifted from the country.. but even in the lockdown phase the daily increament in cases is not reducing. So By any means I, in my personal opinion am not considering the situation to be stable at the end of 21 days lockdown. Any opinions or guesses people..

1 like19 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 19
king23477
@king23477  ·  199 karma

@raghavamen agreed. Calling so many people at one place is a recipe for disaster. GDs are definitely scrapped. The thing that's in limbo is how to conduct PI.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
yvikasy
@yvikasy  ·  7 karma

What ever the process is . Hope it is conducted swiftly. And the results are not delayed too much

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can my poor academic become a problem in getting a consulting job in campus placement at FMS?

2 likes10 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 10
Sid8515
@Sid8515  ·  13 karma

18months, sorry for the typo

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
GlassHalfFull
@GlassHalfFull  ·  781 karma

@MohitMehar actually based on the placement report even finance doesn't look that good. Do you have any insider info? Genuinely asking coz I don't know.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Due to this pandemic would it be easier to join fms or difficult?

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
harvey001
@harvey001  ·  62 karma

@harry12345214 I am not sure of this man.. I talked to one of my friend in B and she said placements and summer internships are going to take a big dive this time around. I cant speak for others but I am not sure the decision will be this simple if i am privileged enough to convert one of A/B/C and FMS.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
yvikasy
@yvikasy  ·  7 karma

One mans loss is another persons gain. So yes it is both easier and difficult to get in. Depends on what the case is for you. Specifically.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Still no update of the process?

10 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 10
IRONMAN10
@IRONMAN10  ·  44 karma

thin thin  thinthinthin thin

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
shekhar19
@shekhar19  ·  4 karma

😂😂😂😂😂

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Video Thumbnail72655610771063
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@IIM_Groot kidhar ho Bhai?

1 like34 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 34
Berlin
@Berlin  ·  153 karma

Since you all are here, I would like to seize this opportunity. please suggest some good music

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
bobross
@bobross  ·  255 karma

@Berlin Bill withers(RIP) - ain't no sunshine, lean on me.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Kya lagta hai direct written ke scores pe lega FMS agar lockdown aur badha toh?

Haan
Online interview ek option hai
Nope. Purani process hi bas late hoga thoda sab
Ghanta bc.jab jo hoga dekh lenge
I don't care.Going to ABC
Busy hu office ki ldki ko patane me abhi. FMS ke baare me soch bhi nai raha
1 like1 comment245 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.
Video Thumbnail72400224158040
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...