[Official] FMS Delhi Admissions 2020-22

1,280 Posts  ·  3,675 Users
About this group

Join the discussion on FMS Delhi Admission 2020-22 and Get the details about the Faculty of Management Studies College, Admission Process, Eligibility, Fees, placements and cut off.

FMS MBA

Faculty of Management Studies is one of the leading management education institutes of India and operates as a part of the University of Delhi. The focus of the institute is on management education and not just business management. The experienced faculty at FMS aims to open up students mind to intellectual curiosity and adventure of ideas.

1. Brief Introduction about the course

FMS offers postgraduate and doctoral level education programs for its students with the most popular one being the MBA-full time. This course aims to deliver the latest management education to the students in order to prepare business leaders for tomorrow who can handle complex situations they might face in the future easily.

2. Eligibility 

• Applicant must have completed an undergraduate degree (three years minimum) from a recognized university or deemed university with a “pass” result and must have scored at least 50% marks.

• Final year students may also apply, but the admission will subject to achieving “pass” result in the examination.

3. Selection Process 

• Applicant must complete the MBA Application form and pay the application fees on the official website of FMS.

• Applicants will be shortlisted based on their scores in the CAT.

• Selected applicants must appear for a group discussion, extempore, and a personal interview.

• The final list of selected candidates will be prepared based on academic performance, and the result of group discussion, extempore, and personal interview.

4. Application Start and End date 

• The application process starts from –       Not available

• The application process ends on      –       Not available

5. Exam accepted for Course

• CAT

6. Placements Report for the Class of 2018

• Highest Package –           48.00 Lakhs per annum

• Average Package –           23.20 Lakhs per annum

• Median Package –           21.20 Lakhs per annum

7. Scholarship offered by the College

Scholarships are available for meritorious students.

Page 1 of 128

How To Answer 'Why MDI Gurgaon?' In Your Interview

http://bit.ly/3bY9Psi

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Click on the link and know Economics Questions that You Can Expect In Your Interviews

http://bit.ly/2SJIu5G

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I kind of wonder why does it take so much time for a shortlist..Dont they have to just sort people from highest to lowest and select the top 1000 and the score of the 1000th aspirant becomes the cutoff for general. Isn't it just a few hours task.

Correct me if I am wrong..

1 like5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
MohitMehar
@MohitMehar  ·  375 karma

@001NISHANT and still we are dying for this college. Irony we hate it yet long for it

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
001NISHANT
@001NISHANT  ·  138 karma

We are not dying for anything man, we will take what we get, based on what we think we deserve, and one thing which I have learnt is that what deserves you will take you at the right Time, all the best! 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Interact With Students of IIM Calcutta | Live Webinar

http://bit.ly/2SYLYQS

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Is India Ready To Become A Cashless Economy? - Potential B-School WAT-GD Topic

http://bit.ly/3bVDkLm

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What will be the FMS cutoff this year? Instead of blindly predicting it based on the last year, let us look at it logically. I am only going to do this for General candidates as I understand that situation the best. So, in simple terms, FMS has got 101 seats for Open category people and will call 10 times as many people for the next stage. 1000 people will thus be getting calls in the Open category.

Around 2.09 lac people took CAT 2019 so if you purely try to see the percentile of the 1000th person it will be approximately 99.52. However, this does not mean that people with lesser percentiles cannot get a call. Why is this so? Firstly, the first 1000 people are not all Open candidates. Secondly, the composite score has 40 % weight for VARC section and 30 % for the other two sections. So, if a person does really well in VARC ( let us say a scaled score of 60 plus ) then she will have a great chance even at lower percentile. Thirdly, women candidates are given 3 marks as a diversity bonus, so they can obviously get calls at much lower percentile too. 

Let us then do some actual calculations to see what this means. A scaled score of 170 was about 99.61 percentile this year and it should be normally enough to get through, right? Let us say the person had scaled scores of 50, 60 and 60 in the 3 sections. The composite score will be 56 and enough to get through the calling stage. What if he had a total of 160 and sectionals 40/60/60 ? He now gets 52 which is lower than last year cutoff. However, with sectionals of 50/50/60 he gets 53 which may just  be enough. In all these cases a woman candidate will get through easily. In fact if a woman scores 150 with 50/50/50, she will still end up with 53 and possibly make it.

What does all this mean? Well as VARC is tougher this year as compared to last year, it will be logical to assume that the cutoffs in all categories will be the same or a little lower this year. If we take it to be 53 then you will be able to reach the following conclusions about your chances :-

1. For male candidates, if your VARC score is 70 or above then you will be able to get a call with an overall scaled score of 153. For female candidates with VARC score of 70 plus, it is enough to get a scaled score of 143.

2. For male candidates, if your VARC score is 60 or above then you will be able to get a call with an overall scaled score of 157. For female candidates with VARC score of 60 plus, it is enough to get a scaled score of 147.

3. For male candidates, if your VARC score is 50 or above then you will be able to get a call with an overall scaled score of 160. For female candidates with VARC score of 50 plus, it is enough to get a scaled score of 150.

I could go on but by now you should be able to assess your chances quite well. This is of course only for the call, the final selection is a different ball game altogether. I will write about that in another post. In the meantime, if you have any queries about FMS write to me with all your details. Last year 11 of my students were in the first Open list of FMS and I am hoping for a similar performance this year too :)

IIMC 1988, 15 years as CXO,  5 years in PG, Advised > 1000 aspirants, Actively mentored 100 +
4 likes5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
lostfoundtravel
@lostfoundtravel  ·  1 karma

Dude not everyone fills it you didn't take that into account

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
rajshekhar_roy
@rajshekhar_roy  ·  799 karma

@lostfoundtravel most of the people who were serious about B school admission this year would have applied for FMS. More importantly though, the cutoff for calls is not really dependent on this - only on the overall scaled score and the sectional scaled score matters.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

McKinsey, BCG Top Recruiters At IIM Ahmedabad - Final Placements Report, MBA Class of 2020

http://bit.ly/2V7gP00

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Important Operations Management Concepts For Your MBA Interviews
http://bit.ly/2vO9PuF 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

General Engineer Male CAT PERCENTILE 98.86 VARC 92.52%ile LRDI 99.45%ile QUANTS 97.94%ile 10th 87.4% 12th 85.2% B.Tech 68% Although I have scored 68% overall in graduation but I have scored below 60% in some semesters No work experience What are my chances of getting a call from FMS Delhi?

2 comments
Rnkjaiswal
@Rnkjaiswal  ·  2 karma

fo general, cutoff easily goes above 99

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Arsene96
@Arsene96  ·  3,675 karma

Tending to zero.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What was the score of th last person who got admission in FMS last year?

1 like1 comment
Arsene96
@Arsene96  ·  3,675 karma

A Composite Score of 68.XX out if 100.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...