[Official] CAT 2012 30th October Discussion Thread

316 Posts  ·  149 Users
About this group
Hi all, People who are taking the exam today, please use this thread for the discussions. To assure that the thread is put to the best use, please post your CAT 2012 experience in the following format : CAT Centre, Date and Slot: ...
Page 1 of 32

But what i gathered from the page was that his approximations were based on this year's data.... But .. doesn't matter..... what has to happen will happen.... they're as clueless as we are.. 😃

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
@prerna.thakur said:
@shadowwarrior of course!! they're estimates.. they can never be accurate... but it does give a little idea about what to expect.... and if what you're saying is true.. (i hope it is true.. ) , then the cut offs should go lower...... lets see what happens... i'm so nervous!!!
i think they r nt good enough to be approximations also....

readon:had GP used last year's data and modified the estimates considering this year's (relatively difficult)paper, it would've made some sense...but he didn't do that....wat he did was he gathered info abt how people felt abt the last yr's paper(before results were announced)
@sahilKM Thanks... :)

@gargpuneet I didn't know 7.5 marks were there for a correct answer.... anyway.. Thanks..... It gives the basic picture... :)
@prerna.thakur said:
hey guys... does anyone know, at what score people got above 95 percentile last year?????
around 250 ( 7.5 marks for 1 right answer)
@prerna.thakur yaah that seems alright .... better than the CL one !!!
SEEKING REDEMPTION ......
@Figo ya... i agree..... this one looks more believable..... but the optimist in me hopes that the result would be like the other one!!!! :P
@saarthakorama Lets just hope so.... but actually i had expected the estimated cut off to be higher than those given by CL. Check out this IMS link provided by Figo
http://www.imsindia.com/microsite/CAT2012/what_after_cat2012.htm this looks more accurate except for the 95+%ile,opinions please.
CMAT Bring it on
@prerna.thakur i myself think the same way as @shadowwarrior .... cutoffs will be on lower side
SEEKING REDEMPTION ......