[Official] CAT 2012 26th October Discussion Thread

274 Posts  ·  146 Users
About this group
Hi all, People who are taking the exam today, please use this thread for the discussions. To assure that the thread is put to the best use, please post your CAT 2012 experience in the following format : CAT Centre, Date and Slot: ...
Page 1 of 28

dear puys, did anyone get RC on syncretism and secularism????

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

ok... i know it is pointless to ask percentiles and such based on number of attempts, but does anyone have an idea of what happened in last years cat? an approximate relation between, say, score (normalised or not, either way) and percentile?

@katforcat You can say the name of the topic. But please refrain from discussing the solution. We make PG. So we should obviously follow the rules laid down for us and by us...Peace
XLRI || Business Management | 2013 - 2015 || Senior Executive Member - External Linkages (ExLink) || Senior Executive Member - E-Cell || Setting goals is easy. What counts is the ability to follow the dreams till they become your reality

ok,but i guess i can ask the answers of questions but putting a tinge of detail about the question like the topic which it belongs to or that's also forbidden?

And don't worry about people shooting themselves in the foot, just make sure your feet are alright.

@katforcat said:
@ayushnasahey i remember the NDA,but i think you forgot to see that other people are not only discussing questions but also providing the solutions,like venn diagrams and P&C; lock codes question,why shouldn't their questions be removed?And moreover its good if people are getting to know which questions they attempted right and which ones they screwed,it's only gonna give them a better idea of their accuracy.
Regarding point 1: The mods and admins have specifically stated in the title post that anything violating the NDA is not supported by PG, and users are supposed to report violations. If you felt any prior posts were violations, you were supposed to report them. The admins must have missed out on them. Report, and the questions will be removed. Repeat offenders will be banned.
Regarding point 2: Say hello to the private message feature. Now don't go ranting about how it is inconvenient to PM people individually. It will be less inconvenient than getting banned.
ISB Hyderabad - Class of 2016.
@ayushnasa i really don't think that can happen,because other people are doing it too,how many candidates is CAT going to disqualify?

@ayushnasa

hey i remember the NDA,but i think you forgot to see that other people are not only discussing questions but also providing the solutions,like venn diagrams and P&C; lock codes question,why shouldn't their questions be removed?

And moreover its good if people are getting to know which questions they attempted right and which ones they screwed,it's only gonna give them a better idea of their accuracy.

@rokhat Sab waise hi karte hai :mg: Par no discussions of questions here :nono:
XLRI || Business Management | 2013 - 2015 || Senior Executive Member - External Linkages (ExLink) || Senior Executive Member - E-Cell || Setting goals is easy. What counts is the ability to follow the dreams till they become your reality
@ayushnasa waise maine to without reading agree kiya tha :):)
IIFT 2013-15
@RoadKill said:
People have the right to shoot themselves in the foot. I am depending on cancelled scores to improve my %ile.
Canceled score! LOL!! Would be amusing to see on the CAT Report Card "Disqualified for revealing questions on PagalGuy" :mg: