[Official] CAT 2012 25th October Discussion Thread

827 Posts  ·  285 Users
About this group
Hi all, People who are taking the exam today, please use this thread for the discussions. To assure that the thread is put to the best use, please post your CAT 2012 experience in the following format : CAT Centre, Date and Slot: ...
Page 1 of 83
@RoadKill -sure sir..i hope the very best for u..but include IIM-L,XLRI and FMS in that elite list as well.don't only aim for A,B,C..these colleges are right up there with A,B,C
forever blowing bubbles
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
@falcao said:
@RoadKill -even 99.6 won't be enough to take u there..maybe at 99.9 u can be sure but anything below that and u r doomed..
Lol.. Waise to bahut 100%ile waalon ko call tak nahi aaya hai. So surety to kuch hai hi nahi chaahe tumne khud hi paper set kiya ho. I have taken 99.6 to be a bare minimum requirement looking at past CAT threads for call getters. Excluding profile-based and category-based calls, of course.
ISB Hyderabad - Class of 2016.
@RoadKill -even 99.6 won't be enough to take u there..maybe at 99.9 u can be sure but anything below that and u r doomed..
forever blowing bubbles
@YouMadFellow said:
@Bluebull How would I know man ! I cannot pin point, but I can say that it should be a good score in this paper. Last year, the normalized score of 92 was a 92.5 %le score. And this year the paper was tough, so I don't know. 100 should mean 98.5+ I guess.. Again, it is only my opinion.
RIP @YouMadFellow. The 25th October thread will remember these as your last words. :mg:
@SNaveenMathew said:
@RoadKill That should be enough for 98+
@falcao @SNaveenMathew Yes it should be, but I am only looking for ABC this year. If that doesn't materialize I am going to get some work exp instead. Getting anything below 99.6%ile would be a risky affair, as my acad/work exp profile is not so great.
@Bluebull How would I know man ! I cannot pin point, but I can say that it should be a good score in this paper. Last year, the normalized score of 92 was a 92.5 %le score. And this year the paper was tough, so I don't know. 100 should mean 98.5+ I guess.. Again, it is only my opinion.
May be the destination is not for me, but the journey is..http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/chit-chat/shoutbox-t-83788/p-3594016/r-4343099
@falcao Are you saying 95%le ? or 95 as the score ? also, roadkill is aiming for A, B, C only .. so he wants a 99.5+ score..
May be the destination is not for me, but the journey is..http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/chit-chat/shoutbox-t-83788/p-3594016/r-4343099
@RoadKill Bhai, if you get 100 in this paper, it would be an awesome score. Remember those tough unprocs ?
@RoadKill arey sir we discussed the questions,remember..chillax sir..i am also in the same range..90-100 or 100-110..let normalization play it's part..but one thing is for sure..if this is the range of score,we are definitely above 95
forever blowing bubbles
@RoadKill That should be enough for 98+
Screw management. I'll become a scientist