[Official] CAT 2012 21st October Discussion Thread

102 Posts  ·  110 Users
About this group
Hi all, People who are taking the exam today, please use this thread for the discussions. To assure that the thread is put to the best use, please post your CAT 2012 experience in the following format : CAT Centre, Date and ...
Page 1 of 11
@ankit291288 I was saying about som rankings... WXYZ n all... :(
Yo Life!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Ok it has been a long time ....since I gave my exam.......... and all those whose CAT is left

best of luck ..

Well my day had an easier quant relatively questions u can easily do , no hard stuff so I attempted 28 .. hoping 24 would be ryt

Den started the english section , well it was not simple but in english u never knoe whether u are doing ryt r wrong .So I attempted LR frst of all , finished it in 20 mins .. and kept on doing para nd grammer for next 10 mins . I moved to the comprehension which was fairly easy leaving one . At the end of 55 mins I had attempted 27 questions ,

I had always got a very meagre percentile in engish , so I decided to be extra careful ,revised all my LR in the next 10 mins ( found two mistakes ) unattempted all the questions in which i felt even a little doubt and there I was left with 22 questions .Before I could do anything the timer ended the test ..!! But overall experience was ok types .. I did well i guess ..
Lets see
P.s - I had the same feeling I had after IIT-JEE 4 years ago after giving the exam .Would be posting a link for my blog soon here . All those whose CAT is still left feel free to call me discuss with me strategies or watever that is u want to ..

Cheers 😃 :)

Pranshu :) My facebook link https://www.facebook.com/pranshub3?ref=tn_tnmn

Attempted around 54 questions - with 25+29 breakup , can anyone suggest me how the raw scores are converted to the actual scores ,..

"Practice and Persistency"= 100 %tile !!
@AnnTreesa @rishiinked
I think L=12.
@assassinx which di set u found confusing.....was it the one related to stock markets and commodities where several blocks were filled with a "-" rather than "none" .......i found it very confusing bcoz i were not sure whether we have to first find out the empty blocks or they represents none in general........i did it assuming it was zero or none and i found ans in exact figures as available in the ans option........but still i m confused bcoz they have started putting wrong qs also..................pls respond .....thanks in adv.
i attempted 24/29.......

really got panicky in 1st section after about 35mins wen i realised i was on question 13 with 3-4 already bookmarked ( so that leaves me with onli 8-9 attempts in first half of section 1)....... after that it was just a simple policy.....if its in my comfort area, then do it....or else leave it....... went on to do all the DIs and found a few sitters in quant too mostly post Q 20....... breeazed thru in the second half to manage 24attempts, but still feel i could have had 2-3 attempts more had i managed my time properly in the first half...... i left 3-4 questions without even digging deep to realise whether i could actually do them or not just coz they were not in my comfort area......neways i made a mistake in 1 and unsure about 2-3 more.......

2nd section......LR saved the day.....20-25mins mein all 3sets with most likely is all correct...... one RC was easy.....one extremely incomprehensible...... one of moderate difficulty but close options........ PJs/ PCs confused me to some extent as i couldnt choose between two options in most cases...... so its a 50-50 there...... and i hate this part coz normally PJs/PCs are my strength........ simple grammer and WU, which i thot could be solved just by our normal intuitive vocab without really goin deep into the rules and all...... unless i made some blunders that is......

i think it was a moderate paper across both the sections......yes a lot of speed breakers but not getting panicky and question selection was the key imo.......

neways...... expecting 20-22/ 24 in sec 1......
and 20-22/ 29 in sec 2...... lets hope for the best tho :)
IIM Lucknow PGP Batch 2013-2015
@AnnTreesa said:
For 21st AN slot, quant, did anyone try the questions in quant about some solutions of 20 l n 30l, n another one with 4 sets, A,b,c,d n t find out A alone or something like that?
I remember this 20L and 30L question, which i left
Later i thought either i missed something or they missed something.
@yes_i_will The ones they give inside the exam hall. No external ones.
Yo Life!
Can anyone tell me if they allow pencil and eraser in cat exam or not ??
@AnnTreesa L= 10ltrs
SP/XL