[Official] CAT 2012 19th October Discussion Thread

123 Posts  ·  146 Users
About this group
Hi all, Wishing everyone best of luck for CAT 2012!! People who are taking the exam today, please use this thread for the discussions. To assure that the thread is put to the best use, please post your CAT 2012 experience in the fol...
Page 1 of 13

anyone interested to discuss cat questions of 19 OCTOBER MORNING SLOt..PLEASE pm ME

I HAD RC passage ..the one with 4 questions on colonialism,one on einstein etc.

And DI sets on stocks,venn diagram with 3 variables!!

If u had similar qustions and want to discuss the answers please pm me:)

@MODERATORS
"If this post violates any rule,then please delete it"
MICA PGDCM 2013-15
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

You haven't appeared on 15th, have you?

If so where's your experience of the same

I am talking about the Question Which Came in 19 OCT Slot !

Gardens are not made by Sitting in the Shade !!

@mandeep5062 Wrong thread I guess

Did Anyone attempt the LR Set With Five Counties (W, Y , U , V) and Two Way Tie Statement ??

I think statements were inconsistent ....
Gardens are not made by Sitting in the Shade !!
@TheSquashGuy said:
Venue: Indo Global College, ChandigarhDate:19 Oct 2012Slot: 3:15pmAttempts: QA/DI: 28 VA/LR: 29Last Mock Score: Unproc 18: 105 99.82%ile Unproc 17: 102 99.46%ileQuant was very easy. DI was a bit calculative. 1 on pie charts,1 on tables( had to calculate missing data), 1 on venn diagrams!( Easy)LR was also pretty easy. 1 on circular arrangement. Unique but easy. 1 on arrangements (pretty simple) 3rd one can't recollect right now.VA seemed easy to me although my scores in VA have always fluctuated between 80%ile to 97-98%ile.All in all, the paper was pretty easy.
Very Good attempts man..
ATB for the results...

Venue: Indo Global College, Chandigarh
Date:19 Oct 2012
Slot: 3:15pm

Attempts: QA/DI: 28
VA/LR: 29

Last Mock Score: Unproc 18: 105 99.82%ile
Unproc 17: 102 99.46%ile
Quant was very easy. DI was a bit calculative. 1 on pie charts,1 on tables( had to calculate missing data), 1 on venn diagrams!( Easy)
LR was also pretty easy. 1 on circular arrangement. Unique but easy. 1 on arrangements (pretty simple) 3rd one can't recollect right now.

VA seemed easy to me although my scores in VA have always fluctuated between 80%ile to 97-98%ile.

All in all, the paper was pretty easy.

CAT Centre, Date and Slot: Thakur College of Science and Commerce, Mumbai. 19th Oct, Afternoon slot.

1) How many attempts you have made?
No idea really, didn't count. No time to.

2) Your last mock score? If you are there at repository thread, please provide the link here.
Ranged between 85-96%tile. Highest - 96.4%tile. Lowest- in 70s.
Rarely below 98 in Section 2.

3) How was your experience of the test?
Pretty decent. Invigilators were very helpful. I got my chair changed. Asked for a new pencil every 5-6 mins, they didn't seem bothered. Pages are sufficient for one section. I asked for a fresh one only between the 2 sections.

4) What was the surprise element for you?
It was a lot like a Mock of a coaching centre.

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?
Smile at yourself when they click your picture. Coz you're going to have to look at nothing but your face, for 30-40 mins before the exam starts—you might as well smile confidently. The interface was exactly like the IMS one.

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, new topics, sections etc.
Section 1- All topics were asked. Good mix of questions – TSD, Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Numbers and P&C.; – Nothing was left out. Some bouncers on logs, but then again- it's one of my weak areas. There were actually very few sitters- maybe 1-2 in algebra. Level of Section 1 could be termed as – Moderate to Difficult.

Section2- Language of 2/3 RCs was fairly esoteric. Difficult to follow. Questions, though; not easy by any standard; were NOT inferential or hypothetical. Straight forward from passage Qns. No 'what would happen next' or 'what you would ask author' types in my paper. This made attempting RCs less risky. And Btw, double- highlighting in passage was allowed.

2 PJs were, in my opinion, difficult and had close options. 2 WUs, 3 FIBs - were moderate level. Out of context, PC were there too- both comparatively much easier. SC was difficult- I didn't dare attempt. 1 qs on confusing words - easy. I would rate the section a wee-bit more difficult than section 1, at almost the same level. LR was again not straight forward- but manageable for someone who's practised enough.

7) Any other query or something you would like to share.
Remain confident and think positive throughout the 5-6 hours pre and during the exam!

Edited: Verdict: OA -96.94

PGPM 2013-15, Student Co-ordinator, Corporate Communication Cell, MDI Gurgaon
CAT Centre, Date and Slot:
Indo Global College of Engineering,Chandigarh
slot:subah wala
Date!!!??-really?
I would never-ever forget the last night before my exam,didnt sleep even for a second the whole night.
went to bed around 10PM after setting my alarm clock to 7:00 AM but my life was made miserable as hell when I couldn't get any sleep. Tried everything to get it,called some frnds around 2AM,tried Art of living's Sudarshan Kriya but all in vain.after all those futile attempts I found that my alarm clock has already started to rang.
I have never ever faced this kind of situation before, felt like banging my head somewhere.
Reached the centre on 08:30 only to find a long queue so used my time to admire campus beauties in the canteen. Had 3 coffees back to back followed by 1 dark chocolate and tried adding some random numbers in my mind to check whether the Neuron gun has started firing or was still sluggish.
And yes it was still sluggish and waiting to get some sleep.I felt like going for a semester exam of my Engineering when we used to mug up whole might to spill out the Ratta-gyan on paper.
1) How many attempts you have made?
Section 1-18/19
Section 2-21/22
2) Your last mock score? If you are there at repository thread, please provide the link here.
1301-90.XX...mocks varied from 70 to 96
sometimes as low as 60s.not present at the repository.
3) How was your experience of the test?
Smooth,glitch-free,without any hassels..
4) What was the surprise element for you?
easy-peasy paper
5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?
No.
6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, new topics, sections etc.
QA was damn easy,it was nothing like the hi-fi stuff of AIMCATs was way below CAT standard but I could only do 18/19 coz of my state of mind,could ve very easily managed 3 or 4 more questions.1 log question was very simple and I was substituting the options to get the answer probably needed 10 more seconds when the time ran out.
Similarly I lost 2 more sitters at the beginning of the test which I marked to solve later but couldn't come back coz my mind was very sluggish at the beginning.I even obtained the factors of 289 by dividing it by 3.
1 DI set was very calculative though not tough.
Geometry ques-2 were moderate 2 easy
1 TSD very easy,1 P&C-easy;,2 DI sets-easy peasy
Overall section was very easy. One with good prep level and with right basics could have easily attempted 22 or 23.
So I certainly lost 3 or 4 questions there and Man! That's a hell of the difference.
Hoping for some normalization and counting on my accuracy here to breach the 95 barrier.
Section 2-
Again a very easy to moderate section,quite balanced one actually.the good thing was my mind started working properly by now.I guess it accepted the fact that it is not going to get any sleep till the end of the day and has to give a serious fight no matter it intends to do so or not.
Anyways getting back to section here.
2 LR sets on arrangements-1 was very easy
2nd one was a bit tough but doable so I too did it.
1 more LR set-easy.
Out of 3 RCs 2 were easy and 1 was philosophical (dnt need to explain nything bout it)
Did both of the RCs.
1 had a super-hypothetical question which was a VD level ques had it been included in TIME mock so I too gave respect to it and left it without thinking twice.
VA was balanced and easy+tough.
Out of 3 PJs and 3 PCs 1 was tough in each category which I had to leave,although these r my types but didn't want to screw up my accuracy.
2 FIBs-both attempted
2 WU-did 1
2 SCs-left both
Overall a decent attempt and hoping for 90+ accuracy here which should translate into a 98+ %ile I guess.
Rest Normalization should take care of.
7) Any other query or something you would like to share.
Well,just be calm and give it your best fight.
No matter how hard they make it they will have to still keep it to such a level that a decent prep guy could easily attempt the ques required to clear the cut-offs.
Keep the things as simple as u can,I felt that my prep level was way above the level that exam required ( read:basics+simple logic and common sense).
Certainly not my best performance today but I had no control over my sleep,if only I had it,things could ve been much different.
WIMWI dream looks farfetched now but still hoping for the best So yeah more importantly get some sleep.

I didn't come,I didn't meet,I didn't even see,but I stuck around an angel...WIMWI