[Official] CAT 2012 - 16 Oct - Fifth Day Discussions

198 Posts  ·  190 Users
About this group
Hi All, Wishing everyone best of luck for CAT 2012!! People who are taking the exam today, please use this thread for the discussions.To assure that the thread is put to the best use, please post your CAT 2012 experience in the follow...
Page 1 of 20

na its nt like dat bt still a rough kinda scaling is alwaz better

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
@akshayvision u seem to be trusting pg guys more than the prometric normalization process???
@akshayvision Absolutely no idea mate!
@abhishek4563 hey today was my xam at bhopal tit centre quant 12 to 14 attemps with dot accuracy nd verbal nd lr 21 attempts sure shot about dem how much can i xpect wid quant 12 nd verbal 21
@visionIIM-ACL hey today was my xam at bhopal tit centre quant 12 to 14 attemps with dot accuracy nd verbal nd lr 21 attempts sure shot about dem how much can i xpect wid quant 12 nd verbal 21
@chandrakant.k hey today was my xam at bhopal tit centre quant 12 to 14 attemps with dot accuracy nd verbal nd lr 21 attempts sure shot about dem how much can i xpect wid quant 12 nd verbal 21

hi
day-16th Oct, slot-10:00am at Ahmedabad
quant-attmpted 19 to 22/30-didnt had the time to see how many i attempted.but i guess 19-22 with not more than 2 questions wrong.lots of geometry questions....2 Di set were easy..one was calculation intensive..out of 2 easy ones,1 was based on set theory for 4 items..quant was moderate to difficult..4-5 sitters were there.
VA/Lr-Attempted 28/30.all the 3 sets of lr were easy..i am hoping to get all of them right...RC had more questions on author's tone and what would u ask him if u interview him...my set didn't had any correction questions..all VA questions were PJ's,out of context and fill in the blanks.PJ's had close option.Out if context question had avg. difficulty.
All the best to those who will be appearing for CAT....:)

Hi puys

Day - 16 Oct 12 Venue - Chennai Slot - 3 :15 Pm

QA 16 (Atleast one question must be wrong)

VA 28 (God only knows the accuracy part of it)

Section 1 - Moderate to Difficult

QA - No questions from numbers, time speed distance and very few from arithmatics

DI Was totally tough , couldn't catch the logic at all. attempted only 1 set.

Can see few sitters in between, an open mind can help you better than all your abilities.

Section 2- Moderate

Easy to moderate LR - Could attempt and solve all LRs, but time taking sets.

Moderate to difficult RCs - No idea abt the accuracy at all (expecting )

VA - Tough need a lot of practice to touch them.

Observations :

Power went off in between and it was hot inside the hall and made a huge distraction

lot of distratctions for prometric people and peers if your the one whos going to finish it last.

Don't lose your temper if you couldnt solve the first 5 questions.

Don't stick on to your strategies, if you find some super difficult sets in your favorite areas they may not help you much. Be agile , have an idea about how you are going to give the exam based on the difficult sections (my strategy went wrong as i started with DI and got stuck with the tough ones)

Do not be prejudiced with number of attempts , i knew a guy who gave just 6-7 attempts in QA last year and got 80+%iles. So do wat u can to your level best.

VERDICT - THE CAT IS OVER FOR ME. Lost all my hope. :(

Hard work matters

pan card alone is suff as a photo i.d