[Official] CAT 2012 - 14 Oct - Third Day Discussions

200 Posts  ·  180 Users
About this group
Wishing everyone best of luck for CAT 2012!!People who are taking the exam today, please use this thread for the discussions.To assure that the thread is put to the best use, please post your CAT 2012 experience in the following format : C...
Page 1 of 20

anyone want to discuss the questions from 14th october evening slot kindly PM me as I am very confused.....

BIM trichy class of 2015
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
@rocky.miami hi... i got the exact same two mails from them in reply to my mail. In addition I highly doubt if they would do anything about it. Its very unfortunate how we can not do much as we dont have any physical evidence of the incorrect question and they can get away with it.
@asimgoyal I have lodged a complaint with regards to the same and here is there response

Thank you for your email.

We understand your concern and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Please be informed that your query is forwarded to dedicated department and you will get revert back in 2 business days.

In case you still face any issue, kindly contact our CAT Candidate Care helpline at 1800-102-2256.

And the last reply as on date is:
Dear Candidate
Thank you for notifying us of your concern. Please be assured that a process is in place to investigate this issue. Questions on the validity of test questions will ultimately be referred to the IIMs as they are the final reviewers and approvers of the content. Appropriate measures, if necessary, will be decided by the IIMs once the testing period is over.
We hope this information is helpful.

Request to tell all fellow puys who have faced similar problems to communicate the same to prometric. The pressure might make them act promptly.
@mercapto hi did you lodge a complaint with the cat candidate care people? If so did you get any response? Even i got an entire data set in my LR section where the data and 4 questions of that set did not have any correlation but seems like your question and my question were different. On contacting the cat candidate care people they said that i should send them a mail at cat.candidateservices @ prometric.com , they did give a response but doesn't seem like they'll do anything about it.
@allan89 Can you please tell me what the incorrect LR question in your set was on as there are clearly two data sets that had a problem. In addition did you lodge any complaint with the cat candidate care people?
@elude2 hi also had an incorrect LR question set ..... the question data had a relationship question and the 4 questions following it were on finding the number of friends of the same age.... and the varibles were also different( in the question data variables were p,k,l and in the questions they were a,b,c). did you also get this set?
@mision100pcile said:
@warriorprince99 its not abt solving 30 questions correctly? are u serious? and if u think working professionals are better than "newbies" think abt it again coz going to work is not optional unlike the case of "newbies" ... dude funda mat do, coz obviously u are not doing a good job at it!!!

One vl give a superior performance 2/3rd time compared to his/her 1st time..... that is what i meant to say in dat post... don't misinterpret.

Now or Never....
@warriorprince99 its not abt solving 30 questions correctly? are u serious? and if u think working professionals are better than "newbies" think abt it again coz going to work is not optional unlike the case of "newbies" ... dude funda mat do, coz obviously u are not doing a good job at it!!!

Hi Puys, Gave the exam today, can't do well. Lil bit embarrassed to tell my attempt range. So I will try to give you the overview of the paper. QA section appeared tough to me, out of three sets in DI one set was from Venn diagrams which unfortunately was the topic left by me. I got around three to five problems from Geometry. Time and distance (if i remember correctly), Mixtures,
Time and work, progressions, P&C; played their role with atleast single question. Numbers also appeared most of the times in the paper. Overall, according to me I will rate this quant paper to from moderately tough to tough.

Verbal, which I believed was my stronger area also didn't give me a chance. RCs are the worst. I spent around half an hour and couldn't answer most of them. There were questions like tone of the passage and one particular question took me by surprise. It goes like this "If you have a chance to interview the author of the passage, what could your question be?". Even Verbal and LR section didnot give me chance.

This is not to scare you guys. Beware of the topics and don't miss any topic. All the best!

is there any benifits from energy drinks like red bull to drink before the exam ???
tomorrow is my slot.
please give suggestions. >>>