[Official] CAT 2012 - 13 Oct - Second Day Discussions

52 Posts  ·  327 Users
About this group
Hi All, Wishing everyone best of luck for CAT 2012!! People who are taking the exam today, please use this thread for the discussions. To assure that the thread is put to the best use, please post your CAT 2012 experience in the ...
Page 1 of 6
@skumar2 thanks for the help.....
how was urs?
Vishwa
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
@vishwabhaskar said:
Attempts-52QADI-22 VALR-30With 42-44 correct.....i guess.....Hoping for the best.....
thats gr8....
that means u will get a raw score of 126-10 = 116 or 132 - 8=124...
i think u can expect to be in 99.80+ %....

Attempts-52
QADI-22 VALR-30

With 42-44 correct.....i guess.....
Hoping for the best.....

Vishwa
@srinjoypan said:
Can you provide me the arun sharma wala link
bhai he is given in quants book.. i have a hard copy.. not sure of the link
https://www.facebook.com/#!/MBA.MybookAdda
@chandrakant.k said:
cannot comment with your given example since the gap is too much. But for sure accuracy will matter. This has been illustrated by Arun sharma also. he has given an example of 2 students in 2010 who appeared in same slot(remember, at that time same slot has same set of questions) one student attempted 14 and got 13C and he got 98%ile and the other student attempted 19 and got 16C and got 92%ile . SO accuracy is the key certainly. but where is the threshold no one knows.
Can you provide me the arun sharma wala link
@srinjoypan said:
Do you guys think accuracy can play a crucial part in the normalization or only the scores they consider? because I can see ppl attempting 50-55+ questions on an easy or moderate paper....lets assume they have 90% accuracy...so, if a guy attempts around 40 questions in a difficult paper (say with nearly 100% accuracy)....will the second person be given some weightage for his/her accuracy? (although the score of the first person is higher)
cannot comment with your given example since the gap is too much. But for sure accuracy will matter. This has been illustrated by Arun sharma also. he has given an example of 2 students in 2010 who appeared in same slot(remember, at that time same slot has same set of questions) one student attempted 14 and got 13C and he got 98%ile and the other student attempted 19 and got 16C and got 92%ile . SO accuracy is the key certainly. but where is the threshold no one knows.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/MBA.MybookAdda

Do you guys think accuracy can play a crucial part in the normalization or only the scores they consider? because I can see ppl attempting 50-55+ questions on an easy or moderate paper....lets assume they have 90% accuracy...so, if a guy attempts around 40 questions in a difficult paper (say with nearly 100% accuracy)....will the second person be given some weightage for his/her accuracy? (although the score of the first person is higher)

@vishal.das, thanks for your response. But I think its something which have questions for various section and not a simulated test based on the cat pattern where I can get a national level percentile.If it is there plz guide me further or suggest some good "online" one.

has nybody encounterd ny trigo???if so wat type??pls guide

@subratp said:
Is there any mock test available with "PagalGuy"?I am not getting the link.
Plz help

Here it is
http://www.pagalguy.com/prep/
JCU Singapore 2012 - 2013