[Official] CAT 2012 - 11 Oct - First Day Discussions

136 Posts  ·  558 Users
About this group
Hi All, Wishing everyone best of luck for CAT 2012!! People who are taking the exam today, please use this thread for the discussions. To assure that the thread is put to the best use, please post your CAT 2012 experience in the fol...
Page 1 of 14

@DN2686 :
I didn't say was paper is Difficult..

i said it ajjuthebest said it..
i said then it might be becoz it was easier last year..!

And by saying that i meant the same thing..That ... It would have been tough for all if it was for him..

So everything depends on the percentile..!

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
@ajjuthebest nobody can predict the cutoff's.... ur friends are relaxed about their attempts/performance, you too should be the same way. Do not bother too much about it and since you cannot do anything about it anyway. you did the best you could do on the day and now is the time to wait for the results. I would not like to pacify you with cutoffs to your liking when i am not aware of what the cutoffs would be. At the same time no one would be aware of these cutoffs. I understand your position but do not look for escape valves when there are none. 😃 :)
And plus AimCAT scores have no relation/bearing to your performance in the actual exam. Its like you play well in the nets, but if you get a bad ball in the match you are out. Or if you are playing not so well in the nets somehow on the day of the match everything goes right.
http://www.myprepmate.com : Unlimited Free Practice for CAT and GMAT
@DN2686 : can you suggest what would be the cutoff's this year? I'm doubtful on my performance because my attempts were Sec-I : 15 & Sec-II : 24.
My other colleagues with a different question set attempted around 20 & were quite relaxed after the paper. Normally I scored 50in Sec-I in AIMCATs this year. But, seeing my current attempts in CAT, I'm very disappointed & depressed too.
@aaki_friend and where did you get that conspiracy theory? :D
Stop spreading unnecessary tension by predicting how tough the exam would be and the reasons for the same... will do your fellow puys a lot of good :)
@ajjuthebest no body can be sure about the normalization techniques... there are a lot of theories that floating in the market... and there will be a few that would make you feel better. But seriously do you want to be that way?
Relax!! you did your best... now let the results come in another 2 months time. just remember that if you have prepared well and it was tough for you, others too must have found it equally tough... and there will be appropriate techniques to ensure that its taken into account that you attempted a tougher set than some other candidates....

Hey last year CAT was very easy...

easier than CET..!

might be that is why this year was difficult..!
Dont worry Percentile can make u happy..!
this is the way it works..!

Hello Puys.. !! I'm a newbie here.. I'm just sharing my experience of CAT'12 that I took yesterday.. It was an overall moderate to difficult set with more of difficult questions.

Even after preparing so hard for CAT, I've got depressed with the paper set & paper level.

Can anyone guide about the normalization techniques used for evaluation of %iles.?
@Shradha25 said:
Hi PUYS .... I am new to PG , dissappointed with my CAT exam , however had prepared a lot, but couldn't control my nerves in the exam
but do post ur expreince in the given format if u like 😃
Why do we fall??? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again.
@Shradha25 when did u take the exam, i mean which day?

Hi PUYS .... I am new to PG , dissappointed with my CAT exam , however had prepared a lot, but couldn't control my nerves in the exam