[Official] CAT 2011- 13th Nov - Sixteenth Day Discussions

139 Posts  ·  87 Users
About this group
Wishing everyone best of luck! People who are taking the exam today, please use this thread for the discussions. *To assure that the thread is put to the best use, please post your CAT 2011 experience in the following format : CAT ...
Page 1 of 14
CAT Centre, Date and Slot:13th November Evening slot (3:15 PM)
Test center : Thakor College Kandivali, Mumbai

1) How many attempts you have made and also mention the accuracy level.

Section1-23-25 Accuracy - 90%
Section2-30 Accuracy -60-70 %

2) Your last mock score? If you are there- not appeared for any mocks this year, last year CAT 2010 score 98.00 percentile

3) How was your experience of the test? My Exam hanged twice, once at the begining i.e. after 14 minutes had gone, and next when 10 minutes were remaining. Both the times, the coordinators came quickly on the spot, and restarted the exam within 1.5-2 minutes. I am not sure whether I lost the time or not in the process, but I believe that the co-ordinators did the best that they could. The good thing is that the exam restarts from the same point, where it hangs. Not sure about the time slippage though.
4) What was the surprise element for you? RC's were especially difficult, and one needed a very good command in ENGLISH reading and apprehension, to answer those RC's. One set of DI was too much calculation, and one set was confusing. The formula fitted one of the questions and did not fit the other.

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better? My advice would be that when section I ends, wait for the section II to autostart. You have an option to click and start the section II, but I waited for it to start automatically after 4-5 minutes. You can relax your eyes, drink some water maybe and get a little rest in that time.
6) Your overall analysis of the exam: Toughness, new topics, sections etc. Paper was on the tougher side. RC's were extremely difficult and DI too much calculation. Verbal was the more difficult part I think. Got stuck in one LR also I think.
7) Any other details or something you would like to share - I was not feeling well for the past few days, hence I carried glucose and water with me. The invigilators allowed me to make a bottle of glucose, and keep it near front desk in case I needed it. Although I did not need it, but they were ready to give it to me if I needed it. I think if you are not feeling well, you should inform the invigilators so that they might not panic, in case you need to go to the washroom or need water in between the exam. I would also recommend wearing sweaters or jackets to the exam center, if you are not comfortable in AC because the exam centres are cooled too much I think, and you might feel a little cold there. Full sleeves shirt would do too.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

CAT 2011- 13th Nov - Sixteenth Day Evening shift....

CAT Centre, Date and Slot:
Pune. 13th nov 3.15 PM slot.

1) How many attempts you have made and also mention the accuracy level.
QA/DI : 25
VA/LR: 25 Total 50
Accuracy: would be happy with a 80% accuracy in Section -I curtesy to 2 big silly mistakes and 70% in Section-II curtosey to Passages and Parajumble. will have to wait for the results
2) Your last mock score? No prepration at all 4 this year CAT. Test given only based on 4 CAT experiences with above 90 percentile.
3) How was your experience of the test? as smooth as it can be
4) What was the surprise element for you? It look like MAT paper . there are lots of questions directly from RS agrawal. Only Passage are upto mark of IIM standard.
5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better? none
6) Your overall analysis of the exam: Toughness, new topics, sections etc.
Toughness: Easy-
Moderate. QA was easier, VA was moderate level. I guess 40-45 right questions required for IIM Calls. 7) Any other details or something you would like to share - None

kanix Says
even i got that question, could not make head or tails of it

tjhe venn diagram question was not wrong....
i wrote cat on 14th
i attempted 21 in first n 24 in second section wid 40 sure shot corect n d rest 5 cud b corect if my intelignt guessing worked...can nebdy plz teme wt percentile i shud b expecting...

PLEASE TRY TO COMPLY WITH THE DECORUM IN THE THREAD.

This Tread entertains only discussion related to 13th Nov CAT takers. Could you please post your query in the appropriate thread!!

MOD's PLEASE NOTE!!:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

anybody who is giving an exam at IBSAR, Belapur mumbai ??
please let me know what are the transport facilities from be,apur station to the center ?? also, is there any parking facility in case one takes his car ?

i wrote cat on 14th
i attempted 21 in first n 24 in second section wid 40 sure shot corect n d rest 5 cud b corect if my intelignt guessing worked...can nebdy plz teme wt percentile i shud b expecting...

did anybody get a wrong venn diagram question on 13th morning.
I mean it was pretty obvious that the question was wrong.
How do we notify prometric about it?

even i got that question, could not make head or tails of it
I was in the afternoon 3:15 slot.
Emphathizing on wrong questions!! According to me thr were 3 doubtful ques in QADI,
Please let me know if any1 agrees with me.

TIA.

Yeaa I do agree
@hemanth90 ...Rcs are doable don't panic with the previous posts , u need to carefully read the passages and go for the questions and well understanding about the passage will certainly helps you to tackle the questions.....

thanks for the tip i didnt knew it...no offences but this is known to all the point is if one does not understand the passage..then..what..as far as my knowledge goes some passages were easy to read in this slot but the questions were really difficult..and the actual answer turns out to be the opposite of what majority people think in these type of questions..its simple logic boss when the passage is easy to comprehend the question setter will definitely set difficult questions as he has understood the passage well.. and when the passage is difficult to comprehend the questions becomes easy as the person setting the questions has not completely understood the passage...this is the trend which i have observed in the recent cat papers and this applies to the 13th nov evening slot,the passages were not that difficult to read and comprehend but the dicey choices made it tough....kudos to you if u have answered 23 questions with 90 percent accuracy..u will definitely have a very good percentile in VA..[/QU

I feel that my passages r not as difficult as other's. Because it didn't trouble me much and I spent ample amount of time on passages because it's my fav area in verbal. I practised many rc's before the exam ,may be this helped me to judge the passages tones etc etc . I attempted all the passages out of which m expecting 80 % accuracy. cos m nt a god to expect 100 % ..:D :D

@hemanth90 ...Rcs are doable don't panic with the previous posts , u need to carefully read the passages and go for the questions and well understanding about the passage will certainly helps you to tackle the questions.....

thanks for the tip i didnt knew it...no offences but this is known to all the point is if one does not understand the passage..then..what..as far as my knowledge goes some passages were easy to read in this slot but the questions were really difficult..and the actual answer turns out to be the opposite of what majority people think in these type of questions..its simple logic boss when the passage is easy to comprehend the question setter will definitely set difficult questions as he has understood the passage well.. and when the passage is difficult to comprehend the questions becomes easy as the person setting the questions has not completely understood the passage...this is the trend which i have observed in the recent cat papers and this applies to the 13th nov evening slot,the passages were not that difficult to read and comprehend but the dicey choices made it tough....kudos to you if u have answered 23 questions with 90 percent accuracy..u will definitely have a very good percentile in VA..