[Official] CAT 2010- 9th Nov - Day Ten Discussions

40 Posts  ·  47 Users
About this group
Hi All, Wishing everyone best of luck! People who are taking the CAT exam today, please post in this format. _* CAT Centre, Date and Slot: 1) How many attempts you have made? 2) Your last mock score? If you are there at http:/...
Page 1 of 4

I too rcvd a call from prometric and this time they were good in handling the complaints atleast. They did take the questions down that were wrong according to me and said that they are gonna pass it on to the concerned authorities but dont know waht will happen next and how it is going to be evaluated.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

i received a call too. the caller asked me to tell her about the questions as much as i remember. she told me that they are compiling the responses of all those people who have complained and will take action after that. so guys please mail your concerns to them immediately.

MDI PGPM 2011-13

I had given the paper on 9th morning slot and found some question to be wrong in DI as some others have been saying. I had mailed to prometric regarding the issue and got a reply the very next day in mail which seemed like a auto generated mail. But today got a call from prometric about my concern.

A lady was on the other side and she asked about the questions i felt were wrong and in which all section , though she had no idea about the questions (i could make from the conversation she has never attempted cat) but it seemed she was making note of all that I said and she said it would be forwarded to the concerned department.

Others who felt questions were wrong can also do the same.

CAT Centre, Date and Slot: Kandivali Mumbai 9th 10.00 am

1) How many attempts you have made? qa 16, va 18, di 13 :wow:
oa 47

2) Your last mock score? Highest TIME 95.xx CL 97.xx generally 88 +

3) How was your experience of the test? fine no glitches

4) What was the surprise element for you? DI DI DI

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, sections etc. tougher than 2009 DI was tough, QA had many easy questions and few difficult ones ,VA was as usual fine RC were okey.

7) Any other query or something you would like to share with us. Time management is the key

CAT 2011: 98.44 (NITIE, IIMR, MDI, NMIMS, IITKhg, NM, IMT, IMI) XAT 2010: 97.80 (XIMB)
9th Nov.,3:30 pm slot -
1) How many attempts you have made? QA-17 , VA -17 , LR/DI -15-16 , OA -49-50
2) Your last mock score? 96.8 - IMS (SIMCAT 12)
3) How was your experience of the test? Nice , but too much fuss over security
4) What was the surprise element for you? Not really
5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better? Practise a few Comp. based tests(CBTs) and you shall be fine...Review button is pretty handy
6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, sections etc. - Good , QA was pretty easy, so very high scoring too, LR/DI was a lil weird- too much data for 1 quesn. :banghead: ; VA was easy to moderate
7) Any other query or something you would like to share with us.
Damned people don't allow you to go to the loo.. Was in a very bad condition twds the end

A score of 120 would definitely be 99+ % ile

CAT Centre, Date and Slot: 9th Nov . 3:30 p.m
Thakur College of Science n Commerce, Mumbai

1) How many attempts you have made - OA-52, QA-17, LRDI-17 n VA-18

2) Your last mock score - SimCat 12 - 97.xx , AimCat 1101 - 96.xx(5 marks in VA) , CL Proctored MockCat 9 - 99.xx

3) How was your experience of the test - Very smooth . Though the CPU was not properly grounded. Thank God I had worn jeans

4) What was the surprise element for you - 5 DS(very good) n 5 Para Completions(very bad)

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better - Its ok as not too many table questions have appeared at the CAT this year so DI is almost the same as would be on paper. Other sections are the same neways

6) Your overall analysis of the exam - It was a good paper. Easy questions, tricky questions and some very tough ones

QA- Good mix. Many easy questions. Some questions were tricky. A couple almost unsolvable. Many concepts tested. I remember most of my answers. Will probably get 14-15 correct
DI- I found it very easy. A few single questions were lengthy. But the 2-3 question sets were easy. Hope I've not made any silly mistakes here. Could get 15-17 correct
English- I found English tough. 5 PCs were demoralising. Also the RCs had very close options. Some of the other VA questions were easy. I hope to get 12 or more correct
In all I think if I get 42 correct I'l get 3-5 calls as long as I clear the English cut-off. Hoping for the best

7) Any other query or something you would like to share with us - Contrary to what a lot of people have posted, I found all questions in my paper to be correct and with correct options
Anyone from this slot wanting to discuss the paper, pls contact me as I dont know ne1 from this slot myself n I would love to discuss the paper with some1. Find me on Facebook and add me as a friend n write that you want to discuss the paper in the message.

For all those yet to take the test - Give it your best shot and let GOD take care of the result

GOOD LUCK
FMS Delhi || CAT 2011: 99.65%ile || CAT 2010: 99.66%ile AIWTSAC http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/all-i-wanted-to-speak-about-cat-25002933/19957938
CAT Centre, Date and Slot:
Pailan, Joka, kolkata 3:30 p.m.

1) How many attempts you have made?
DI 15
VA 18
QA 14

OA 47

2) Your last mock score?
NA
3) How was your experience of the test?
No glitches at all. Smooth and facilitative. I turned up late so didn't have to wait too long.
4) What was the surprise element for you?
QA contained DS questions. Almost each DI set came vth a single question.(except two) Nothing 4m numbers.(futility of expertise)

Find the sitters, leave the bouncers without wasting extra time
(dats important) let your ego take a backseat.

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, sections etc.

VA
-(Moderate) A good mix. I must say RCs were not too tough, though options were absract and close. A smart way is read the questions first (as the questions may pertain only to a particular section of the passage) and highlight the relevant text. All in all a moderate paper.

QA - (Moderate) Quite a number of sitters. Go for them and don't waste time at all pondering over the bouncers. There will be a few of them. They have always been. But smartly skip over them to the doable ones.There might be some questions which u might feel have incorrect options.(I found one). Simply leave. I m mphasizing on this cuz by sparing much time over them, u might well miss the easier ones. Smartly use the 'mark' option and if time permits return back to the marked ones. :cheers:

LR/DI - (Moderate+Difficult)/2 This was toilsome. I mean not the hardest of papers rather not even at par with some of the AIMCAT papers but the twist was - "a question per set". And that too inundated with irrelevant data. Now whats this?? Some can call it a smart way of checking the caculation-speed but for me it was too debilitative, specially with less than 40 minutes remaining. The only way one can excel in this section is- u have to be quick. All sums are doable. Once again, read the question first, then pick up the requisite data.:shock:

As can be predicted from previous experiences(and mine too) CAT 2010 overall has not been lethal or something... ya, tougher than previous year CAT but won't distress you too much. If you have practised mocks you may well stay in the zone of your comfort. Don't worry at all. It might be your day. All the very best to the CAT-takers.

1) How many attempts you have made?OA-35,QA-11,LRDI-9 n VA-15
2) Your last mock score? If you are there at http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mock-scores-repository-2010-25050562 , please provide the link here.
3) How was your experience of the test?good
4) What was the surprise element for you?none
5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?nothin
6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, sections etcQA very easy,VA was ambiguous n LRDI was difficult.
Just be thorogh wid ur basics n leave rest to GOD

BEST OF LUCK

NOV 9-10:00
) How many attempts you have made?
54(va-20(poor accuracy),di-17,qa-17)

2) Your last mock score? 98.xx, varies btw 92-99

prometric were Very proffessional..as soon as they took my fingerprint their data informed that i had taken test last year...no glitches

DI....very weird ques....found 3 incorrect so i left them...but it made me waste a lot of time...RC were also out of ordinary(i say this coz i have given time and cl mocks and both werent even close in matchin RC lenght or ques type)

Use review button judiciously...it is imp to score well in all sections

QA-either very very easy ques(majority) or tough
DI-never seen anything like this in over 30 mocks i have given in 2 years
VA- moderate(some were sitters while it was difficult to discern btw 2 options in some)

Just bcoz u do not arrive at an answer does not mean the question is wrong....in the beginning i found 6-7 answers not matchin with options...but i got the answers to some in 2nd attempt...give the exam with an open mind as if each ques is correct and be flexible abt allotting time to each section coz any section on ur day can be easy tough or simply out of the box

Auratech Vikhroli, Mumbai 9th nov , Morning slot

QA : 18; VA: 18; DI: 15
2) Your last mock score? If you are there at http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-an...tory-2010.html , please provide the link here.
CAT 2009: QA: 88% ; VA : 89% ; DI : 99.05% OA : 96.7%
The center was good, had an argument with the Invigilator for not providing tissue paper after taking away handkerchief as I had a cold. He would not budge finally asked the test center administrator and told him that he has to provide it which he obliged too.

The DI was pretty weird and too much data, found a case let to be unsolvable . found 3 questions to be wrong in DI , don't know if it was just me or everyone...
Just remain cool and follow the tutorial. I had a guy sitting behind me in the last 10-15 mins of exam he asked for assistance and some idiot at the Test center just restarted his system , thus making him finish late as all of us had completed the xam. boy he must have had it tough....

QA : pretty much Doable
VA: RC -some options confusing, rest doable but unpredictable
DI : very different from previous papers
Do not know whether those wrong questions would be addressed...
Chennai, 9 Nov, 10:00
OA 44
DI 13
VA 18
QA 13
2) Your last mock score?
NA
Nice & Smooth.
Some basic questions in Quant which we would think will not appear in CAT.
Of course, the wrong questions or wrong options. Whatever the case maybe, the time spent on these cannot be regained.
After solving a particular question, I found that the answer was not present. So, just skipped & moved on.
Nope
VA - Easy to moderate.
QA - Good mix of easy & tough ones
LR/DI - LR was easy while DI had some calculations.
Be aware of the fact that there will be wrong questions or wrong options anywhere in the set. This has been constantly getting reported in every slot.

Make sure to have good accuracy. That's more than sufficient.