[Official] CAT 2010- 3rd Nov - Day Six Discussions

29 Posts  ·  33 Users
About this group
Hi All, Wishing everyone best of luck! People who are taking the CAT exam today, please post in this format. _* CAT Centre, Date and Slot: 1) How many attempts you have made? 2) Your last mock score? If you are there at http:/...
Page 1 of 3

guys...i hope everyone who faced problems in the exam i.e. wrong questions in the morning slot:shock: have informed prometric regarding the same.. I recieved a call from PROMETRIC asking me to mention the wrong questions which i faced in the morning slot:banghead::banghead:..so if some of you havnt yet informed them then plz do so at the earliest:cheers:

Forex Officer
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
CAT Centre, Date and Slot: saraswati, kharghar-Mumbai, 7 nov, afternoon slot
1) How many attempts you have made? 23

3) How was your experience of the test? Very smooth conduction. student friendly.
4) What was the surprise element for you?
not surprise but bore element was to sit at one plce in front of computer for 1hr and not touch it !
5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?
for ur own self..check if all components are functioning properly.
6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, sections etc.
VA- moderate
RCs short circuited the brain !
DI- moderate No long calculations.
QA- easy.
i felt time shortage...so manage the clock efficiently.

All in all, the paper was easier than my expectation.
jus u need to be well prepared...( which i was not 😐 )
CAT Centre, Date and Slot:3rd nov ....lucknow.... azad inst. of tech.

1) How many attempts you have made? ....51
2) Your last mock score?...cat 09..97.1...no mocks dis tym..

3) How was your experience of the test?..fine..
4) What was the surprise element for you?..wrong options...lost 10 min due to it...
5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?...sleep well..nd relax..

QA...moderate..(16 attempts)
DI...easy/wrong options/lengthy Q...(15 attempts)
VA...easy/difficult to comprehend rc..easy Q though..(20 attempts)
7) Any other query or something you would like to share with us.
keep ur cool in exam...don't get distracted coz of waiting time...

dude no1 in the full possession of his mental faculties is gonna take a stab at the percentile ur supposed to get at a particular score.the reason being the scaling process which in itself is a mystery to most and esp those who hv given the paper last year would agree that the normalisation process was a bit weird to say the least.

I drink so that i can talk to assholes, this includes me. Dream Team 13, MMDT 12&11

hi,
givin CAT for the 1st time...
Just wanted to know my approx percentile....
wud request the experienced ppl to guide plz...

Test Date/Time: 30th October,Pune
Quant : 16-17 (max 2-3 may go wrong)
DI :12-13 (max 2-3 may go wrong)
Verbal : 14 (Not quite sure abt the accuracy....questions were very subjective that day...upto 5-6 may go wrong ...depending on my luck 😞 )

Plz lemme know ur guess of my approx percentile....thanks

Hello friends,
I'll be graduating next year, so this was a mock CAT for me
I filled my form in last week of Sept. so got a center availability only at Gurgoan (i reside in East Delhi).
My Centre was : World College of Technology & Management . I checked out Google Maps which showed the test center only 11Kms from Nearest Metro Stn, bt it was abt 40 Kms (about 80-90 kms from my home :wow:) . Thanks to my cousin who dropped me there.
I stayed at Gurgoan one night in advance. For all those, who mentioned their ordeal of waiting for loooong to take the exam, I reached at 11am for my 3:30 exam at the centre which was on highway without much population nearby. I had to spend most of the time at a roadside stall eating Britania Cake.
Came back taking lift from someone from my centre , tripling on a bike on very risky road..

1) How many attempts you have made?
Quant:12 , DI: 12-13 VA:15
2) Your last mock score?
As i earlier mentioned in the post, My valid CAT attempt will be next yr so this was a mock 4 me..
3) How was your experience of the test?
CAT checks patience more than your qa,di & va :)
Most of the questns were quiet easy. Easy to handle. My speed was bit slower otherwise paper was easy. If some days are left for your CAT, work on Parajumbles.
I had no expectations from the paper,, so no surprises.
Be cool minded. People often tend to loose their patience in last 100 mins (before the exam) that you need to spend infront of alloted workstation.
I found DI very easy. Quant & VA were quite ok. If you have speed in calculations(which was not in my case), u can easily solve more than 50-55.
Again, you need Mental Toughness.
CAT is just an aptitude test. If you have it in you, there is nothing much to worry and nothing much to prepare.

CAT Centre, Date and Slot:

dbs, new delhi slot 1

QA-18 DILR-14 VA-20 OA 52
2) Your last mock score? If you are there at Mock Scores Repository thread (Mock Scores Repository 2010) (Mock Scores Repository 2010) (Mock Scores Repository 2010) , please provide the link here.

none

nice. had no glitches last year. didnt have problems this year.

difficulty of the questions. surprised to find speedbreakers in quants. still manageable.

Relax, its as easy as navigating through sites.

QA- didnt expect this difficulty level of questions. still managed but ate up a lot of time.

DI- it was ambiguous. some di's were just BOGUS. even trying to solve it was wastage of time. the caselets were just unmanageable. last time they had some inferential and lr type di. this time i couldnt understand the motive behind the caselets. and please do read the question before seeing the data.

VA- okayish type... not much to enlighten upon.

OA- A standard paper with a little tricky

none. the participants should not go with preconceived notions.
CAT Centre, Date and Slot:IMM, New Delhi, 3:30 Slot

I reached the centre around 1:30... at 2, we were informed that there is some problem at the centre, and we will be shifted to a different centre... GSBA in Greater Noida... 50 km from the original centre!!
Prometric arranged a comfortable bus and took care of everything, even dropping us back at the centre after the exam, but the end result was that the exam that was supposed to start at 3.30 actually started only by 5.15... so you can imagine the state of all the students at the centre!!

QA:13
VA:19
LA:13

Verbal was easy... esp RCs
DI was very time consuming, three diff charts given for one question only!!
Quant questions were moderate to tough.. though there were a couple of sitters...

PC made an experience in my set... though it was easy.
5 DS questions in DI!!! when everyone is saying that they havent had more 1-2 DS questions!!
Some quant questions def had errors...

It's easier than all the mocks you have given... the centres, atleast in Delhi, are very comfortable

QA-modrately difficult.
VA-Easy
LA-was irritating because of lengthy questions and just 1 question per caselet.

LAST ADVICE:
Please do reach two hrs early.. in case something like this happens at your centre too!!! else you'll end up missing your exam...!

Swami Vivekananda Institute,Kolkata; 3rd November 3:30 pm

QA-17 DILR-17/18 VA-20 OA 54/55

2) Your last mock score? If you are there at Mock Scores Repository thread (Mock Scores Repository 2010) (Mock Scores Repository 2010) (Mock Scores Repository 2010) , please provide the link here.

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mock-scores-repository-2010-25050562

Better managed compared to last year...the long waiting time is a big dampener....we had a couple of power-cuts during the test and we were solving in the light of the monitor! ..normalcy was restored soon though..and a couple of questions were wrong...apart from these,overall a good experience..

Nothing much...those with experience of online mocks won't find too many surprises..

Relax, don't have preconceived notions and do have the self-belief!

QA- A decent paper, much better than the QA paper in my slot last year...had a good mix of questions..PnC, equations, inequalities, geometry, arithmetic etc...didn't feel like doing the big calculation based arithmetic sums..thankfully there were plenty of other choices..one should be able to attempt around 10..anything around 14 should be pretty good..

DI- Perhaps the easiest section in my slot...had single LR questions, DS, table-based and graph-based questions...relieved to see not much calculation-intensive sets...one question was obviously wrong...i calculated a big table only to find the value asked was one which was already present in the table!..was confused whether to mark the calculated value or the table value since both were present in the options...hopefully they'll have a proper system to deal with these kinda errors..people attempting around 14-15 should get a good score..

VA- Overall an okayish section with one difficult RC...the section included RC-s, lots of PJs, SC, PC, FIB, word usage-basically a good mix of everything...i was a little short of time in the end...so unsure about a couple of RC attempts...but the other questions did not have much ambiguity and i hope to have good accuracy in them...apart from that RC, everything else was doable..so one should be able to attempt close to 15 in this section..

OA- A standard paper with a little tricky QA, DI on the easier side and moderate VA...overall a little tougher but better than CAT '09...with absolute scores, i expect to clear the cutoffs..hopefully the scaled scores too will turn out be good enough

No need to cram during these last few days...whatever you've done till now should suffice provided you apply them well...so relax, focus and look forward to the C-day..ATB! :)

Pailan institute of management, kolkata
3rd Nov 10, 3:30 PM slot

OA : 58 (DI: 20 , QA: 18 , VA: 20 )

:shocked: leave it.... have some forgettable scores to show this season:splat: cat 09- 97.72%ile

Nice & smooth. But I feel that long waiting period before the test could have been avoided.

None

Nothing as such.... just keep a cool mind & don`t lose your concentration come what may.

Overall: Moderate

DI: It was lengthy but definitely doable. Had only one set i.e 3 Qs calculation based i.e it was based on a graph, the rest were DS, LR, caselets,etc. One thing I noticed that in one caselet the required answer was there in the Q itself.... it was definitely a wrong Q but apart from that the rest were quite simple.
(Time taken- 50 mins)

QA: This section has been my bete noire for a long time. I have failed to clear the sectional cut off here in the last season. But today`s paper had quite a few sitters. I am pretty confident about 14 Qs but there was a set on P&C; (not exactly but on a similar concept) which was quite tough.... but I felt I had solved a similar kinda prob before so just went with my gut instinct & tried my luck
(Time taken- 45 mins)

VA: This was a nice one. Pretty balanced paper. The vocabs, pjs, sentence completion would have been solved in a flash. But the RCs were not that simple. Esp. one which comprised 4 Qs was quite idea heavy and I had to double read it:shocked: but once u understand the crux of the passage then the correct answer can be easily eliminated from the options.
(Time taken- 40 mins)

Just be cool, don`t read too much into the experiences given in PG n other forums (but ya do have a look at them) and last but not the least.... manage your time well.

ATB!!!!

Best Regards,
Sayan

IIM A | KDT 09| BDT 11 | SBT 11