[Official] CAT 2010- 23rd Nov - Day Nineteen Discussions

52 Posts  ·  68 Users
About this group
Hi All, Wishing everyone best of luck! People who are taking the CAT exam today, please post in this format. _* CAT Centre, Date and Slot: 1) How many attempts you have made? 2) Your last mock score? If you are there at htt...
Page 1 of 6
Prometric called me regarding the wrong question and they have assured me that they will look into the matter and all questions will be reviewd

guys i request all of you to do forward your complain plz plz
because this is the only way we can fight our fate

plz plz............. do forward
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Guys i took the test on 23rd morning slot. There were 3 wrong questions, 1 in quant and 2 in DI.

I sent a complain on Saturday and got the mail as well as phone call from prometric people. Reply was :

Dear candidate,

Thank you for contacting Prometric.

This email is in follow-up to your discussion with Prometric Candidate Care to confirm that we have addressed your concerns.

We have taken note of the issue you raised with a question that appeared in your CAT test on November 23,2010. We would like to assure you that all items delivered go through a rigorous post-exam review to ensure they performed within acceptable parameters. Any items identified that did not meet the expected parameters, as well as items that have received specific candidate complaints, are flagged and reviewed with IIM staff. This process ensures that any invalid items are identified and will be dealt with in the scoring process to ensure that all candidates are treated fairly.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Also in phone guy asked me about the wrong questions. He said that IIMs will decide what to do with such questions not prometric.

Anyways, lets pray for the best

tote_singh Says
How to file the complain regarding wrong question??

IIM-CAT Contact Us
shrikant_vnit Says
i had taken the exam on 23rd nov in the morning slot...i.e. at 10 am...can anyone in morning slot please list out details of the wrong QA & DI LR questions so that even i can lodge a complaint with prometric...

If you have taken CAT:wow: you have also agreed to the NDA thing.. Whatever be the case- wrong questions or not, you can't discuss the Qs
Maybe you have the "NOW nothing matters" kinda fury.. still don't take chances

#Justsaying: Also, in my knowledge a few candidates did not find wrong questions, so I'm assuming the question sets were different!! In that case, since you didn't actually notice anything wrong yourself, perhaps your set was fine...maybe and just maybe!!

LODGE A COMPLAIN only if you feel your set was wrong. In that case you can write to them and state that you don't remember the questions. That isn't a problem.
Sanchit04421 Says
Hi..please appeal all your frineds from 23rd Nov to post their concern to PROMETRIC in the CATIIM Wesbite

I have reported to prometric with exact questions and did get a phone call and an email . The female at the other side assured me that it wont effect my score and the questions would be cross checked by IIM faculty . I hope they really mean it. In the article I read at pagalguy about the wrong questions being reported to cat convenor Mr Himanshu Rai. He has said for all wrong questions students will be given an extra point based on psychometric analysis which according to me means they will check the time allotted to screen which contained that question. And yes this facility would be available as even CL does it in the analysis part where it tell the number of time you visited that question and time spent on it. I hope everything is fair.A wrong question can mean at least 1.5 %

i got a call from prometric today they said that the questions would be checked......a they would be fair to us in marking..
and i could just say "OK"....
what's the use in discussing question with a gal(from prometric)...who is just made to say....the same lines to every1 i guess..

i posted this to prometric...
i think we guys shall demand for a retest....else our all prep is just waste atleast 4 the iims....
guys.....report and retaliate for the injustice...

"I ATTENDED CAT 2010 ON EVENING SLOT 23RD NOV AND GOT 3 WRONG QUESTIONS IN MY SET.I FEEL THIS IS COMPLETELY IRRESPONSIBLE ATTITUDE OF PROMETRIC PLAYING WITH THE FUTURE OF STUDENTS.WE WASTED SO MUCH TIME ON THIS RELATIVELY EASY QUESTION WHOSE OPTIONS WERE WRONG AND AN YEAR IN PREPARING FOR CAT. HOW WOULD PROMETRIC AND IIMS JUSTIFY TO THIS MISTAKE."

m w8ing for the reply.......

guys this the reply i recvd from prometric..
This email is in follow-up to your discussion with Prometric Candidate Care to confirm that we have addressed your concerns.

We have taken note of the issue you raised with a question that appeared in your CAT test on Nov 23,2010We would like to assure you that all items delivered go through a rigorous post-exam review to ensure they performed within acceptable parameters. Any items identified that did not meet the expected parameters, as well as items that have received specific candidate complaints, are flagged and reviewed with IIM staff. This process ensures that any invalid items are identified and will be dealt with in the scoring process to ensure that all candidates are treated fairly.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Sincerely,

CAT Candidate Care Support
Prometric Testing Pvt. Ltd.

I have asked to clarify two q's which came in quant for which there wasn't any correct option.

ISB Class of 2016
Hi All,

I also took the test on 23 Nov 2010, Afternoon slot. I too faced the same problem of some wrong question in the Quant and DI secition. Wrote to prometric about the same yesterday. Got a call and mail from them today.

Hope our voice is reaching the authority that can make a difference.

Hi..in addition to logging the call, we need to make sure that we have a Transaction ID for our call for future transactions so as to know the updates on the same.
IIFT 2012 - 2014
Hi.....just got call from PROMETRIC and they assured that they would log my complain and send it to the examination committee.

all i could request people from 23rd Nov is to log a call with PROMETRIC ASAP.
IIFT 2012 - 2014