[Official] CAT 2010- 22nd Nov - Day Eighteen Discussions

61 Posts  ·  70 Users
About this group
Hi All, Wishing everyone best of luck! People who are taking the CAT exam today, please post in this format. _* CAT Centre, Date and Slot: 1) How many attempts you have made? 2) Your last mock score? If you are there at htt...
Page 1 of 7
CAT Centre, Date and Slot: IBS Bangalore, 22nov, 10 am

1) How many attempts you have made?
46-48

2) Your last mock score? If you are there at http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-an...tory-2010.html , please provide the link here.

I missed most of the mocks at the end, my last one was 104--88 percentile

3) How was your experience of the test?
no hassles

4) What was the surprise element for you?
quant had more sitters than i expected, va was tricky

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?
be calm

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, sections etc.
on expected lines

7) Any other query or something you would like to share with us.

None
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
CAT Centre, Date and Slot: EIILM,KOLKATA.22ND NOV. , 10AM
1) How many attempts you have made?OA-44 (QA-10:banghead:,DI-15,VA-19)
2) Your last mock score? If you are there at http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-an...tory-2010.html , please provide the link here. VARYING FROM 70%ILE TO 88%ILE (AIMCATS):wow:
3) How was your experience of the test?SATISFACTORY...THE EXTRA TIME GOT ME SLEEPY
4) What was the surprise element for you?NO LONG DI PASSAGES
5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?NA
QA-MODERATE...BUT SINCE I DONOT HAVE A GOOD SPEED, SO COULD MANAGE ONLY 10 QNS:banghead: (1 QN WAS DEFINITELY INCORRECT, 1 MORE SEEMED TO BE AMBIGUOUS)
DI-MODERATE....BUT ONE SET HAD CONFLICTING DATA:o
VA- TRICKY...PJs , FIBs WERE EASY...1RC WAS TOUGH...ALSO PARAGRAPH COMPLETION QNS WERE TRICKY....ATTEMPTED ALMOST ALL ..SINCE I DONOT HAVE A GOOD ACCURACY IN THIS SECTION
OVERALL-MEDIUM DIFFICULTY LEVEL...QA SCREWED ME:banghead::banghead: BUT STILL HOPEFUL FOR SOME GOOD COLLEGES:cheers:
7) Any other query or something you would like to share with us. my cat 2010 : nov 22 10:00 amQA- 14 (13R,1W)LRDI- 11(9/2)VA- 18(12/6)I belong to obc-nc... can i get 85 percentile in di or i have just messed it up..what do u people think???
CAT Centre, Date and Slot: EIILM,KOLKATA.22ND NOV. , 10AM

1) How many attempts you have made?OA-44 (QA-10:banghead:,DI-15,VA-19)

2) Your last mock score? If you are there at
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-an...tory-2010.html , please provide the link here. VARYING FROM 70%ILE TO 88%ILE (AIMCATS):wow:

3) How was your experience of the test?SATISFACTORY...THE EXTRA TIME GOT ME SLEEPY

4) What was the surprise element for you?NO LONG DI PASSAGES

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?NA

QA-MODERATE...BUT SINCE I DONOT HAVE A GOOD SPEED, SO COULD MANAGE ONLY 10 QNS:banghead: (1 QN WAS DEFINITELY INCORRECT, 1 MORE SEEMED TO BE AMBIGUOUS)
DI-MODERATE....BUT ONE SET HAD CONFLICTING DATA:o
VA- TRICKY...PJs , FIBs WERE EASY...1RC WAS TOUGH...ALSO PARAGRAPH COMPLETION QNS WERE TRICKY....ATTEMPTED ALMOST ALL ..SINCE I DONOT HAVE A GOOD ACCURACY IN THIS SECTION
OVERALL-MEDIUM DIFFICULTY LEVEL...QA SCREWED ME:banghead::banghead: BUT STILL HOPEFUL FOR SOME GOOD COLLEGES:cheers:

7) Any other query or something you would like to share with us. NOT REQUIRED...
CAT Centre, Date and Slot:22 nov - Nitte, yelahanka, 10 am slot

1) How many attempts you have made?va-16,qa-14,di-15. OA-45!
2) Your last mock score?NA

3) How was your experience of the test? good! prometric truly have done a gr8 job!
4) What was the surprise element for you? Invigilators were quiet!:wow:
5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better? Mocks do help!

qa-easy !
di-was kinda okay! (felt 1 venn diagram set was wrong!)
va-Tough!

there was a question on venn diagram in DI(bengalis, newpaper n blah blah)..I feel that question was wrong.. I haven't attempted any of the 3 questions..did any of you guys feel the same??

Do mail CAT-IIm guys if u felt it wuz wrong!
CAT Centre, Date and Slot:22 nov pailan institute calcutta 3:30
1) How many attempts you have made?va-20(my accuracy in va is always very low),qa-19,di-20. oa-59
2) Your last mock score? 98.xx cl mock
3) How was your experience of the test? it was good...:clap:
4) What was the surprise element for you? The paper was damn easy........i think the cut-off for this paper will be very high.....:wow:
5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better? none

qa-easy (2 tough qs)
di-very easy(3 qs lr set tough)
va-moderate(4 qs passage was tough)
1 question in di was wrong of
1 question wrong in qa
plz tell if these qs were really wrong or is it tat i wasnt just unable to do it..........nd wat should i do to bring these qs in notice of the prometrics..........:|
alas d cat is over.........:cheers::clap:

I need tips to manage the gloomy mood after the missed chance at CAT? Results are far away.

Read the Pagalguy ebook
"All i wanted to say about CAT" - There are many examples of people who bombed their CAT but still made it to other good colleges like XL.....

Further, on a spiritual note "Suffering and unhappiness comes when you focus on results and not on your Karma, so just focus on Karma i.e. studying hard and giving it your best shot...if you walk out of the examination hall with satisfaction on your brow....you have done your job perfectly well...that should be your ultimate aim..."
Check TESTFUNDA Books Discount - http://goo.gl/sus2R CAT | XAT | CMAT | Full Range
CAT Centre, Date and Slot: CIT, Tatisilwai. 3.30 pm.

Due to unavailability of November end slots elsewhere ( I was looking Delhi/Jamshedpur ), I scheduled my test at this centre. Connectivity is a big problem as this college is literally situated in middle of nowhere. The best way to reach there is by train but do plan for any contingency in case the trains run late- In my case, it was running late by 2 hours. The college is 20 Minutes from the station. I reached the centre at 2.15 pm. I was tired, thirsty and hungry.

The gatekeeper was rude, poorly informed and tried to turn me away and offered no help or called anyone (centre superintendent/anyone from prometric ), I wasted another 15 minutes trying to reason with him.

1) How many attempts you have made?
OA=39/40
Q=11/12
VA=16
DI=12
I have low accuracy in QA. One was a plain guess/elimination.

2) Your last mock score?
Between 60~85 in CL. Not posted here.

I wanted to do Quant first but started with verbal, which proved to be suicidal for me, as towards the end of the test I lost focus again. Last half hour I was in panic. All in all, I screwed a chance to get into a good B school, and realized nothing matches up the pressure on the D-day so a little programming to play it cool will help and there is no substitute for practice tests/analysis.
Run up to the test was not good either, had an exceptionally bad day yesterday.

For me, the paper was tough overall.

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?
Learning to use the review screen properly will be huge help to anyone. Take the tutorial on the Cat website.

Sometime in the last leg of preparation, try this exercise : Everyday (for 7 days ) exactly at the same time as your CAT slot, try to sit 4.5 hours straight in front of your PC solving an online Mock. And if your centre is out of town, try doing it after a game of basketball/football/Cricket or try cycling/ jogging/Gym in the morning. Just kidding
Do not try anything new in the exam hall. :nono:

Verbal was too easy but I didnt took the risks. One question was unanswerable, two were timetaking, and another one I was not sure of the answer. I did 16 in all.

DI was time taking. Sure some questions were tricky but I found some to be downright calculations. Two sets seemed time taking, and in a couple of Qs I was not sure of the result. Attempts here = 12.
Strategically I had made huge mistakes by now and I knew I am not going back to the DI sets as I had little over 40 minutes left for the Quant.

I was too slow in this section I had some time left but I dont know what happened, my concentration levels were going too low, I was getting jumpy. Then I kind of surveyed all the quant questions to pick up sitters and I did. Last 20 minutes I wasted checking the marked questions and solved a few. Anyway, total attempts here =11/12.

I need tips to manage the gloomy mood after the missed chance at CAT? Results are far away.

CAT Centre, Date and Slot: Sec-14, Gurgaon, 22 Nov 2010, 3:30 pm slot1) How many attempts you have made? VA- 20, Quant - 13, DI- 20 OA - 532) Your last mock score 3) How was your experience of the test?Very good barring the long waiting hours in front of the screen waiting for the clock to strike 3:30. 4) What was the surprise element for you?I felt that the paper was very easy. 5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?If you know how to work on a computer (even the basic handling) there you dont need to worry about this being a computer based exam.6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, sections etc.I found all the paper to be very easy. Reckon, this would make it a tough fight.QA - Given that I had not at all prepared for the exam this year and still found QA to be easy (you cant deny the fact that for any QA paper you need to atleast brush up the basics) then I can say that if someone had done even a little preparation he could easily attempt atleast 95% of the questions and that too with very high accuracy. But since this has been my pain area in CAT always, cant say much on it.VA It has always been my strength so I found it interesting and enjoyable. DI and LR Was easy and not much lengthy (as I read in the posts for slots on other days). The fact that each set had decent number of questions made it worth. Solving the LR questions has always been a delight.Just hoping for a good accuracy esp. in QA. Fingers crossed. 7) Any other query or something you would like to share with us. Please do not go with any kind of pre conceived notion. Take the test as it comes to you and with a relaxed mind and you will crack it.All the Best to all of you

Guys if you think any of the questions is wrong just drop a mail to Prometric. Do not discuss the questions on this thread. If you think it is wrong, you should ask them to verify it irrespective of what others think. Discussion of questions here will lead to a ban without any warning.

Captain, PG Dream Team 2010 | CAT 11 - 100%ile | CET 10 - Rank 1 (211/240) | Co-founder Learningroots
CAT Centre, Date and Slot: G L Bajaj,Greater Noida,22nd at 1530 hrs

1) How many attempts you have made? VA- 17, Quant - 17, DI- 16 OA - 50

2) Your last mock score - consistently in the 90s

Very good.

Was easier than i expected.

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?On the review screen single click does not take u to the question unlike in AIMCATs where a single click is sufficient.U need to double click.

VA - slightly on the tougher side(my opinion though,i m not good at it)

Quant - except 2 to 3 lengthy,theoretical type questions having variables,instead of numbers,rest were all very easy .Did'nt bother reading those theoretical questions-wanted to come back to LR/DI

DI - easy but slightly lengthy