[Official] CAT 2010- 20th Nov - Day Seventeen Discussions

61 Posts  ·  71 Users
About this group
Hi All, Wishing everyone best of luck! People who are taking the CAT exam today, please post in this format. _* CAT Centre, Date and Slot: 1) How many attempts you have made? 2) Your last mock score? If you are there at htt...
Page 1 of 7

MY CAT was on 16th..my attempt was like this

QA-10/20(1 wrong)
LR/DI-12/20(2wrong)
RC- 12/20(3wrong)

what percentile i can expect???plzzz help me out

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Centre, Date and Slot:
Meriitrac, Bangalore, 20th Nov 2010, 10:00am slot
1) How many attempts you have made?
Quant - 15
DI - 15
VA -19

2) Your last mock score?
varied between 88 to 98 (TIME AIMCATS and CL ProcMocks both).

3) How was your experience of the test?
Very smooth.. kudos to prometric .. although they had me remove everything including caps, jacket, hankerchief (yes its true :shock:)

4) What was the surprise element for you?
VA. It was mind boggling. Questions weren't that tough in fact they were pretty much easy. But 2 out of 4 option were simply unresolvable .. damn close options.

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?
If you have written a considerable number of mocks, that should make things easy for you.

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, sections etc.
Quant - Very simple. many sitters and even though i was very weak in quant, it is the section i am most confident of clearing.
Verbal - Tough. I felt RCs were easier than the verbal ability part. however the options just made me pull my hair. every ques out of 20 had damn close options (2 in each case) i was able to reject/eliminate 2 options straight forward but there was a battle for remaning 2. it was actually tougher than any mock i eevr gave and this is when i thought VA to be my strong point (never got below 98%ile in any mock till date)

DI- easy to moderate. despite the long RC type caselets the actual questions were very very easy. however there was a particular caselet of 3 ques which i think was not to be attempted :banghead:. for any1 who dint attempt that particular set, it would have beeen a cake-walk to attempt the remaining 17 ques correctly and easily in 40-45 mins. I lost my time there only and ended up wasting 15 mins on it and then finally not being able to attempt even 1 out of the 3 ques :banghead: . its was just selection of questions.

7) Any other query or something you would like to share with us.
Just keep your cool during the examination. Dont get stuck up with a single question. Be patient throughout ur examination. there have been rumors about wrong ques/options, i feel its true (there was 1 ques in Quant of which i am sure the options were wrong) keep this in mind and dont waste ur time on ques which u think are wrong.

Hope the normalisation goes in my favour 😃

hi,
Slot: Periyar Centre, Delhi, 3:30pm

Total attempts:

QA: 10(All correct)- easy
LR/DI:10(All Correct) - moderate to tough
VA:13(not sure for a couple of them.) - moderate to tough

Can anyone tell me please what kind of percentile can i expect??
I attempted with an accuracy of over 90%.

VA-16, DI - 12, QA - 14

2) Your last mock score?

I gave my CAT on 20th Nov. Difficulty was moderate.
QA- Easy-moderate. :cheers:
DI- Difficult. Some table question sets were extremely hard to solve. Skipped those. However some logical reasoning questions were really easy.
VA- Moderate. PJs, 3 RC, Fill in blanks etc. Regular questions. Some questions had confusing options. :lookround:

Similar to everyone - DI :banghead: Devote more time if possible.

Use highlighting feature in RC

QA- Easy
VA - moderate
DI - Tough

Easy questions might be hidden at the end of the section. So do not stuck on any difficult question. There is no award for answering difficult question.

CAT Centre, Date and Slot:

Dr. DY Patil , Pune -20/11/2010, 10:00

DI-15
VA-10/12
QA-15
Overall-40/42

2) Your last mock score?
AIMCATs ranging from 70 to 94!!!

Very Good, thanks a ton to Prometric!!!

Nothing

If attending mocks regularly, it shouldnt be the problem!!!

DI- As usual, my first section! I was expecting almost no or very few questions from LR but the case was different today, around 6-7 questions on LR which i always love to solve and solved them easily!!!Though some questions were like RC passages and contained only one question, good concentration gives answer in first read only!!Solved one DI caselet which had 3 questions !!!

QA-
This was the easiest of all.... i must say.. managed to complete it within 40 minutes with above 95% accuracy...( i hope so:cheers:)

VA- Weakest section!!
Quite confused in first RC (had 4 questions in it), but then moved on !!! PJs, multiple usage were mixed in each other!!At the end, mismanaged 20 minutes, tried to solve some quant but at the end, solved only 2 from DI!!!
Overall, tension hai thoda!!!

ALL THE VERY BEST for next slots!!!

DONT GET STUCK ON ANY QUESTION!!!
Sab Moh Maya hai....!! Just try to move on as quickly as u can...

Target Shifted To IIFT....

CAT Centre, Date and Slot: Everonn Education Limited,Chennai,3.30 PM

Three things before I describe my experience :
* Very smooth when compared to the previous year.

QA - 15(1/2 might be wrong)
VA - 15(Fingers crossed:|)
DI - 16 (2 wrong)
OA - 46

2) Your last mock score? If you are there at
My mock scores were between 85-96 and the fluctuation was due to my score in VA.

Exam was conducted in a professional manner and I think that the supervisors were trained for these tests.

DI was not lengthy.:clap:

Practice.

QA - My strongest section.Started with it and I did 15 questions on a go. Could have attended more. This section was very easy. I am sure 13 of them are correct.

DI -Eventhough it was not lengthy, this section ate my time. I did 16 questions and I am sure 13 of the them are correct.

VA - Well, this is my weakest section and the options were confusing. It took some time for me to understand the options:banghead:. I am keeping my fingers crossed. PJ questions were a tough nut to crack.

DOn't worry abt the result. Just think of CAT as an AIMCAT/SIMCAT. Probably, you will feel that the paper is easy when compared to the MOCK CATs'
Hyderabad, KG Reddy Engineering College, 20th Nov 2010, Morning slot
Quant - 14
DI - 13
VA -18
2) Your last mock score? If you are there at http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-an...tory-2010.html , please provide the link here.
varied between 80 to 103. ( thats my score) Percentile 90 to 94 in the last few aimcats.
Very smooth.
DI. It was mind boggling. Questions weren't that tough. But they resembled RC passages.
If you have written a considerable number of mocks, that should make things easy for you.
Quant - Very simple. But felt i could have attempted a couple of questions more.
Verbal - Moderate. I felt RCs were easier than the grammar part. The parajumbles were fine, though.
DI- Moderate to tough. One needed to have loads of patience to solve this section. I thought i ll spend around 40 mins and come bak to Quant,( quant being the first section i attempted). But couldn't make it. Questions were very lengthy. One line graph was very hazy.
Just keep your cool during the examination. Dont get stuck up with a single question. Be patient throughout ur examination. Specially ppl who attempt DI at the end.
All the best guys.

Had my CAT exam today Finally, details :-

CENTRE- EILM Kolkota , time 3:30 pm.
Last Mock- 99.08%ile in CL Proc 7
Profile- Fresher- first attempt

Questions attempted-
QA- 15
DI- 12/13
VA- 17 (this is my strong section, still many guesses included)
OA- 44/45

Overall the paper wasn't difficult, though verbal was very tricky and many options were very very close. DI had some bouncers, had to be clever enough to leave them. Quant was extremely easy- I could have done more but this was my last section and i had only 40 mins left.

My take on cut-off (notwithstanding the normalisation)
DI- 9/10 net correct
QA- 14/15 net correct
VA- 12 net correct
OA- 35 net correct should get a 99 %ile IMO.

Exam was conducted smoothly without any glitches. The only surprise element was the verbal section as I expected it be easier than this. The other 2 sections were as easy as expected.
Hope they do fair normalisation this time so that we all get what we deserve, next IIFT for me!

CAT Centre - Thakur Polytechnic, mumbai. Date and Slot: 20th nov & 3.30 pm

QA - 13-14
DI - 15
VA - 16
OA - 44-45

2) Your last mock score?

75-85%le

good...no problem at all and no glitches...only problem is they forced us to sit till 6 pm (we finished paper arnd 5.41 pm)

surprise element was CAT itself...i was thinking m i giving any 10th std exam for quant and DI...arnd 12 in each section are very very easy

dont leave DI to last...as DI is lengthy this year but doable... it only takes t0 read the question not for answering it

QA- easy to moderate arnd 13 q are very much easy then onwards u need to do some real work

DI- as already said..just lengthy one..no DS..only one set on table others are LR..(if i miss anything plz add who wrote the exam)

just relax and give ur brain time to rearrange ur thoughts and ur study...dont freak out...go ahead and crack it:clap::clap:

All the best for others
"Impossible", "give up" are not in my dictionary --------
Hyderabad, 20th Nov, 10:00 AM slot

VA = 17, DI = 12, QA = 14

2) Your last mock score?
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/50562-mock-scores-repository-2010-a-30.html#post2216896

Good over all, no glitches as such, but a really long and tiring process though

DI, there were so many single questions with really long description

It's almost over ... i don't think any use giving a suggestion.

Moderate, wish i was prepared well could have done better.

not related much but being a left handed person is of little beneficial for CBE as you hold the mouse with right and calculate with left.