[Official] CAT 2010- 19th Nov - Day Sixteen Discussions

56 Posts  ·  73 Users
About this group
Hi All, Wishing everyone best of luck! People who are taking the CAT exam today, please post in this format. _* CAT Centre, Date and Slot: 1) How many attempts you have made? 2) Your last mock score? If you are there at htt...
Page 1 of 6

@people in 19th nov 3:30 slot...
I have mailed Prometric regarding 3 wrong questions(2 in quant and 1 in LDI)....these 3 are confirmed worng...
i request u all to also mail prometric also so that they take notice and our slot is scaled properly...this may play a crucial role in our percentiles...u can PM me to know these 3 wrong questions...

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
CAT Centre, Date and Slot: IMM Qutub Institutional Area,Delhi, 19-Nov-10 : 3:30 PM

1) How many attempts you have made?
QA - 13, DI-10/11, Verbal-20

2) Your last mock score?
Dint give any mock this year..last was CAT2009-99.15%

3) How was your experience of the test?

JUST OK

4) What was the surprise element for you?

I entered the centre around 2;45 pm..and still they allowed me to enter..:P
Apart from that the difficulty of DI wrt last year.

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?

Rubbing cucumber slices on your eyes before exam..to make them soothe..for the 2hour;15 minute toil...!!!!

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, sections etc.

Quanz:
Total time: 40 mins.
Started Quanz- felt very easy...attempted 13/14 qns

Verbal: Total time: 45 mins.
Then comes verbal...attempted 20...God only knows how many are correct...!!! I am not the right person to comment on this section(last year 20 attempts only earned me 89.77% in english)....
DI-LR: Total time: 50 mins.
I don't think i have to say once again that DI was lengthy... attempted around 10/11 qns...with 1-2 educated guesses...
CAT Centre, Date and Slot: Meritrac services Ltd, Pune, 19-Nov-10 : 3:30 PM

QA - 16, DI-14, Verbal-16-17

2) Your last mock score?
Mock scores varied from 50-82 percentile (only once 96 percentile)Last AIM CAT-78 percentile

OK

I thought we have to enter the exam center by 01:30 PM and can come out by 06:00 PM.
But after completing the biometric tests and all, they allowed everyone to leave (around 02:15 PM) and asked to come back by 03:00 PM

No new tips needed, i think...!!!!

Quanz:
Total time: 40 mins.
Started Quanz- felt very easy...attempted 16 qns and i am sure 14 are correct...!!! 4-5 sitters...

Verbal: Total time: 45 mins.
Then comes verbal...attempted around 16-17 qns...God only knows how many are correct...!!! I am not the right person to comment on this section.... :banghead::banghead:

DI-LR: Total time: 50 mins.
I don't think i have to say once again that DI was lengthy... attempted around 14 qns...with 3-4 guesses...:banghead:
Regards, Velavan S, PGDM - IIM Calcutta (2011-13)

CAT Centre, Date and Slot:G.L.BAJAJ INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT,GR. NOIDA
10 a.m. slot

1) How many attempts you have made?42-43(VA-17-18,QA-14,DI-11)

2) Your last mock score? If you are there at :87,season avg.:90http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-an...tory-2010.html , please provide the link here.

3) How was your experience of the test?I am a first timer.And I can confidently say that the exam was very nicely and prodessionally conducted.
Everything was prim and proper.It was an overall difficult slot and upto the level of CAT.And let me tell this to all who are worried about difficulty level that it is a CAT paper after all and not any other like MAT n all.So,it has got b tough and we r lucky to hav got this slot which actually tested our nerves.Easier paper can be done by all but this is the paper which will distinguish CHAMPS.

4) What was the surprise element for you?Thanx to all the Puys who posted here earlier.Because after reading those nothing was as such a surprise.I gave it like another mock.At the same time I was giving due respect to the difficult questions and leaving them as elegantly as RAHUL DRAVID.:clap::clap:

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?Keep ur calm..You will sail through easily..

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, sections etc.moderate 4 sure...VA was ambiguous esp. RCs...baaki to result gi batayega..

7) Any other query or something you would like to share with us.ya..of course...before paper ,I was really tense that it is a CAT paper..But,once it is over,I am getting a feeling that it was only a CAt aper and not the mattee of life or death 4 me...though i am hoping 4 the best..but still i won't b disappointed 4 watever score i get...so,quite relaxed now..and suggest u ppl too to chill n relax and let them do their job asd we hav already done ours..

ATB to all 4 results...:cheers::cheers:

Live Ur Passion...

Hi puys,

Iam set to appear for CAT on 24th Nov and my CAT Centre is G.h Raisoni College, Nagpur.
Iam in a fix as to if at all i will find a lodge for staying there nearby the Centre as commuting early morning can be a problem and i want to avoid risks. In Addition to that i have not yet been able to find out that what could possibly be the fare to reach the centre from Nagpur Junction.

If at all there any of u puys or friends who r travelling from bhilai/raipur to Nagpur tomorrow for the exam on 24, then please do contact me as i would love to join company and it would really be a light at the end of tunnel for me.

Waiting for ur revert.

CAT Centre, Date and Slot: 19th Nov, Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, Hyderabad

1) How many attempts you have made? 18-va, 14-Q, 11-DI - Total 43

3) How was your experience of the test? - Average.
Seat was not comfortable. Almost no leg space.

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, sections etc. - Average. VA was average. Maths was average. I am not very good with DI.

7) Any other query or something you would like to share with us.

For QA and DI sections scan and try to find out easy questions first and then go for the tough ones.

CAT Centre, Date and Slot: RV Engg Coll Jamshedpur 19th nov, 3:30 PM slot

VA-20 (2-3 flukes) , QA-17, DI-14 OA-51

2) Your last mock score? Mostly above 93; last was 97.xx (AIMCATs)

Experience was good..very organised and orderly, very peaceful environment with no glitches

Di was on the difficult side..

----

QA: Moderate 10-11 sitters, rest also not very tricky.
VA: RC options were ambiguous and moderate to difficult (as compared to AIMCATs which were moderate)..:| rest of VA was easy...hoping for accuracy...

DI: some ques were totally un-do-able (atleast 3-4) with ridiculous calculations..made 2 guesses after zeroing-in....rest on GOD!!.:

Hope Normalization is as effective as they say, otherwise...screwed!!!

CAT Centre, Date and Slot:

1) How many attempts you have made? qa 15 (of which 2 r wrng for sure),di-16,va-19(accuracy plz pray for it)
2) Your last mock score?av arnd 92-94

3) How was your experience of the test?fine

4) What was the surprise element for you?caselets..,less calculations

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?no

QA-was easy .. definitely below 15 correct bad.. (i feel lik shooting/hanging myself)
Di-tough caselets.. more inclined to sets
VA- simple to understand but close options(PLZ PRAY FOR ME :P)
di takes a lot of time .. so be sure how much time u wana giv to it coz i ended up losing out on qa 😞 (my supposesdly strongest section):because of it

CAT Centre, Date and Slot:
DSPSR, Rohini, Delhi
19-11-2010 3.30PM

QA - 19
LR/DI - 16
VA - 19
OVERALL - 54

2) Your last mock score?
ProcMock9 - 99.__
iCAT01 - 99.__

overall experience was good 😃 reached the center at the stipulated reporting time gates were opened for entry ~@1.40PM :.. after the formal security checks and deposition of "prohibited items ", we were made to sit in a waiting room till it was our turn for the biometrics. had to sit there for around 30 mins with nothing to do :lookround: except to glance at the admit card of the person sitting next to me ;)
Finally i was called to the official check-in process where a photo of mine was taken and fingerprints taken...quite a few of those..
after checking me in, i was asked to occupy my seat and NOT to utter a single word 😞
i was clueless as to what to do ....just while wondering what to do, caught a little nap :D:
little later the invigilator came and started the process of the exam :)

surprise was the DI section that was unlike CAT 😲 had a lot of questions with intense calculations required :shocked: needed to use calculators to solve such questions in quick time

Nothing much..just go through the tutorial carefully though u must be knowing everything beforehand...it may just act as a warmup exercise, especially if u plan to attempt the verbal section first

i started off with VA section...encountered a few tircky questions to start off...but maintained my composure and went on to complete the section in ~40 mins as per my plans:D...

next came the BAAP of all the sections ...the rajnikant of this year's CAT - the LRDI section
There were sets of all sort..1question set, multiple ques set, Tricky LR sets..anything and everything could be found in this section..the DI question being calculation intensive made life hell :shock:. not only this, the options were close as well :banghead::banghead: left a complete set due to very rigorous calculations needed
Thankfully though, i was able to atleast see all the questions and solve the doable ones within 45-50 mins...

after this i move on to QA with a little more than 45 min remaining....as with verbal, the first couple of questions were a bit on the tougher side : but but but after that was a series of question that one would love to face in any exam...:clap: i took them one at a time and finished them off as quickly as possible with ~30 mins remaining i was left with 10-11 ques to do. I gave each ques the sufficient time required to solve and arrived at an answer for almost all the ques except for a question or two that i feel were incorrect or had insufficient information :

overall the paper was on a moderate level of difficulty with enough doable questions in each section to keep you going:cheerio:

finally after completing the exam, i felt relieved as if a rock of 100 kgs had been removed on my head :biggrin: thought of enjoying the evening so went for a movie "Social Network"...have a look guys..its worth a watch..:cheers:

Now with NMAT and CAT gone..the online exams are done...now moving on to the paper-pencil tests..the more traditional ones...with one every weeknd..
to begin with gearing up for IIFT next sunday..

CAT Centre, Date and Slot: 19/11-3:30 slot
1) How many attempts you have made?QA-15,VA-20,DI-12 approx,OA-47 approx
2) Your last mock score? aimcat 17 , 93%ile,I havnt been preparing well for Cat or in fact anything coz of a number of personal problems as well as career.Given up my job ,rejected by most bschools i have received calls in the past,banned before on pg for malicious comment regarding bschools,lack of faith from people whom i know.So i dont know what it took me to gather myself and prep for Cat and write the exam on the 19th.Mostly been missing aimcats so that i could write them from the confines of my room
Very uncomfortable.Uncomfortable compared with the setup in pune where i wrote my last CAT.
The monitors had been kept in small compartments.I felt as if i was putting my head into a hole , the way you do when you are buying a train ticket at the reservation counter.It was uncomfortable,There was no AC or the ac was not working.The guys wernt even allowing me to take my spectacle cleaning cloth.Was i taking critical formulae on it.
Everything.Wasnt expecting anything to be precise.
Dont screw your eyes by staring at the monitor.
Checked to see the difficulty level of all the sections . Happy to find doable questions
I started VA but just as i started i felt my bladder wanting to take a leak.Shit i had gone twice to the leak room .I felt like quitting the test and giving up.Was in no mood to give a fight.But then i just kept moving.
VA-
2 RCs.Each with 1 ambiguous question and others on details.
1 Tuf Rc.
PJs,Word usage, fillin the blanks all doable.Did it in quick time.
Thought i would have enuf time left for DI
QA-Doable
I was taking my own sweet time solving the questions at a moderate pace.
1 hour gone and 15 questions done skipped the time gizzlers.Felt dissapointed to find i had skipped quite a few..Thought i would come back after DI .Little did i know, whats gone is gone.I am bad at Di.
DI-moderate to tough:
Man, i was just jumping from set to set.Skipped the first essay wala LR just by the feel of it.The sheer size of it was daunting.Went to the line graphs.What poor quality of graphs.The colour was faint and the graph was small.it seemed as though ants were moving in lines on the graph.Had to spend a lot of time trying to distinguish between the lines .This was sick.Comeon are r u checking ability to interpret graphs or the visual acuity.
Bullshit.
I agree with another guy who said that one needed a calculator to solve the questions.
OA-After finding people who attempted everything in QA and a few who have attempted 15 + in DI,I dont know what to say.Just had a lot of beer last night , saw guzaarish and went to sleep . woke up today finally at 12 : 15 noon. Thought of writing this.
It is all destiny. Prep is the means.Destiny determines the execution.It is all DESTINY
7)
Any other query or something you would like to share with us.
Nothing
Losers and Lovers have a lot in common