[Official] CAT 2010- 18th Nov - Day Fifteen Discussions

91 Posts  ·  108 Users
About this group
Hi All, Wishing everyone best of luck! People who are taking the CAT exam today, please post in this format. _* CAT Centre, Date and Slot: 1) How many attempts you have made? 2) Your last mock score? If you are there at htt...
Page 1 of 10

CAT may have played spoilsport for us guys...but take a lesson and move forward...THERE IS NO USE CRYING OVER SPILT MILK...make sure u crack some of d other examzz....(for d guys who didn't fill other forms..try nxt time)....Make sure u continue doing hard work....it's hard work tht'll help....rem all MBA guys r nt frm IIM......DHIRUBHAI AMBANI didn't even pass out frm school(financially weak)....v guys r much luckier than him....If he can make it why can't v guys!!!!

Njoy Lyf!!!!

If It Is To Be, It Is Upto Me....
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Easy Fellas 😃
Whats done is done and cant be changed
no point in ruing over it.
gear up for biggies
this big insties are just to give us a good start what follows depends on our efforts,skills and attitude.
so work hard for fms xat jemt snap tiss and likes all are great colleges.
we dont need to go gaga over brands
how many iim people do you know who have made big in life
i mean the kid of people you will call your role model

all i can count come from humble and moderate background what sets them apart is the above mentioned three qualities.
So focus on present work for the future and let past be guide
cheers!~

Mayank

Jus read what you posted

" so don't keep any hopes on normalization "
-

general sentence ( if u have not done well , say so I don't want to keep any hopes on normalization.. read with/without I.)

u cant say others that they shouldn't keep hopes .. if u think u r not in the race . jus accept it and move on ! dont say the same to others ..

"You cannot expect that everything goes in your favor .....
"

You ,others and Me are just mortals ( rather cat aspirants) .. the above sentence should be said by God/saint/oracle :cheers:

ps is unnecessary !

lets stop with it .. Peace ..

if u still want some verbal battle , u can pm me

You are not rich until you own your mistakes - Linda Poindexter
ten_lrt Says
dude ... everyone is feeling that the slot they gave the exam was tougher .... so don't keep any hopes on normalization .... I too gave the exam in same slot ... All the best for other exams ...

every one here is mature enough to not to keep any hopes if he/she has not performed well .. so go easy:..

|lkoraj Says
was our 3:30 pm slot the toughest in all the slots of CAT..??

whether its tough or not , its over .. go easy man ! and i am eligible to say this as i too gave it on same date same slot ! :cheers:

@ mods : i guess cat fever is over and a week passed by..i dont think there is any need for these thread to be kept open .. please close the experience thread

if not all atleast 18th .. :cheers:
You are not rich until you own your mistakes - Linda Poindexter
CAT Centre, Date and Slot: Institute of aeronautical engineering, hyd, The WORST SLOT (of course, the afternoon one)

1) How many attempts you have made? OA - 36 to 38

2) Your last mock score? If you are there at http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-an...tory-2010.html , please provide the link here. Average - 90 in both TIME and IMS

3) How was your experience of the test? Test environment - good. Test itself - HORRIBLE

4) What was the surprise element for you? The toughness considering the difficulty level of the rest of the slots (read-easy to moderate)

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better? Nope

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, sections etc.
QA-Moderate to difficult, with wrong questions. Mostly arithmetic based , 3 from geometry.
DI- Just when i thought the toughest section was done with, LRDI surpassed the difficulty level of the toughest aimcats. Point to be noted - My strongest section. Not calculation intensive but HIGHLY time consuming. There was a 4 question set on Venn diagrams which was just UNDOABLE. There were no "easy" calculation intensive single question sets like those in the other slots.
VA- as usual, since VA was the last section, compromised on time, just had 35 mins left. The RC passages were boring to read and the difficulty level was almost the same as all the other slots i guess except that we did not have any homonyms- the kind of questions where it's dead easy to score.
Overall - The paper was a nightmare. It shattered my dreams by the time i was done with DI. No more CAT for me. Totally done with it. I'm sure normalization is going to work AGAINST me. It's unfair to give the kind of questions no other slot had. I'm not wasting one more year of my life on something which works on somebody's mood swings. Nope. No more gambling for me.

7) Any other query or something you would like to share with us. No.

got a call by prometric guy yesterday
and than again today.

i mailed them the 4 wrong questions along ith solutions and right answers.
he called me to tell that they have been fllagged and will be carefuly examined blah blah ...
than i asked him
what about the other mail that i wrote you guys
actually i wrote another mail stating the fact besdie being wrong those questions nailed some 10 minutes of time which coud have been easily utilized to crack atleast one more LR set.
how am i going to be compensated for that and is this Mail too being forwarded to IIMs?

he was shaky to answer countiously blabbering i am not authorized to do so etc etc
i said
i dont want you to take any action on this but please forward this mail to iims as well.
i also asked him that will the marks be awarded for those wrong questions
as most of them were sitters.
again the same reply not authorized blah blah

from this converation what i could decipher is that
we dont have much to hope for except for that Normalizatipn process to spill the beans in our favor.
and that seems higly unlikely.

If anyone can give some insights on last years Normalization ??
i mean were the guys with tougher slots given an benefit or not ?

Damn i am still too disappointed for screwing up DI 😞

HI there!!!!

CAT Centre:- XXXXXDate 18 DEC and Slot:10 AM
1) How many attempts you have made?VA :13:clap: ,DI: 9,QUA:10:banghead:,(OA=32).
2) Your last mock score? If you are there at NIL
3) How was your experience of the test; :cheers:EASY ONLY PRACTICE NEEDED.
4) What was the surprise element for you: :banghead:VERY SIMPLE PAPER THAN ALL EVER CATS.
5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better :PREPARE IN ADVANCE.
6) Your overall analysis of the exam. NO Toughness, DI TIME CONSUMING:wow:,VA TRICKY:shock:,QUANT 10 QUES ARE OK.
7) Any other query or something you would like to share with us.
SOME QUES WITHOUT GRAPH.............
ANYWAY......

12 CORRECT QUESTION IN EACH SEC WILL GET YOU 98-99............ILE...:).

40 CORRECT WILL GET YOU TO YOUR DREAM IIMS..:banghead:....MAY BE:)

"
When asked, CAT Convenor Prof Himanshu Rai said that he has taken note of all the complaints on the website about the wrong questions and initiated an inquiry for the same. Prof Rai said there were two scenarios possible in the given situation. "One could be that there is no problem and students who have not been able to answer the question felt it was wrong. If more than one feels the question is wrong and it is mutually discussed in a group, then everybody feels that the question is wrong."
Another scenario is that the questions could be wrong. "If that is the case we will give everybody in that slot an extra point for that question and that will be done psychometrically. But that will happen only if the questions are proved wrong. I have made a note of every complaint and have asked for a proper inquiry into them. However, it is very unlikely that the questions turn out wrong," Prof Rai warned.
The convenor added that before the exams began, he promised everybody a problem-free and a reliable CAT 2010 and he will keep his promise and do whatever he can to ensure that the remaining papers are as glitch-free as possible." --

Wrong questions in CAT 2010? CAT convenor sends questions for a thorough check | PaGaLGuY.com - Indias biggest website for MBA in India, International MBA, CAT, XAT, SNAP, MAT

Guys , i had contacted prometric at cat.candidateservice@prometric.com regarding the wrong questions that had appeared in nov 18th 10.00 AM slot.

Recieved a call from prometric asking me details like:

Type of error encountered in the question
Question number

i could supply good amount of info on 2 question that i found wrong :

the zenith angle and profit percentage.

Prometric assured me that all such question will be reiviewed after the cat was over and will be submitted to IIM and if the question were actually wrong the candidates will be awarded full marks for those questions:clap:.

So if you have not reported the wrong questions please do it asap .. :cheers:-

Cheers

Hi all,

I am from 18 Nov, 3:30 slot. I registered the complaint on Prometric the same day.
I just got a call from PROMETRIC guys. they said that called me to assure me that my complaint has been logged and sent to the IIMs, but he said that the final decision will be taken by the IIMs and they cannot say anything on this right now.
I asked that guy that if they has got any method to check who has wasted how much time on that question so as to know who has genuinely attemplted the question.... To which he said that unfotunately they don't and it will be IIMs who will look into the matter now.
Cearly they are now passing the responsibility on IIMs so as to distant themselves from this.

God knows what the IIMs are going to do.. Hope for the Best but be prepared for worst too.

Thanks,
Akhil

I also gave CAT on 18th November Afternoon slot....I too just received a CALL from prometric guys and they said the same thing to me. I couldnot confirm the DI questions as I had forgotten them but told them about 3 quant questions.
Thy said the same thing to me that the questions will be verified by the IIMs.