[Official] CAT 2010- 16th Nov - Day Fourteen Discussions

49 Posts  ·  59 Users
About this group
Hi All, Wishing everyone best of luck! People who are taking the CAT exam today, please post in this format. _* CAT Centre, Date and Slot: 1) How many attempts you have made? 2) Your last mock score? If you are there at htt...
Page 1 of 5

puys,

prometric called me to ask for details of the complaint lodged regarding questions.this is the mail regarding the interaction.

Dear candidate,

Thank you for contacting Prometric.

This email is in follow-up to your discussion with Prometric Candidate Care to confirm that we have addressed your concerns.

We have taken note of the issue you raised with a question that appeared in your CAT test on November 16,2010. We would like to assure you that all items delivered go through a rigorous post-exam review to ensure they performed within acceptable parameters. Any items identified that did not meet the expected parameters, as well as items that have received specific candidate complaints, are flagged and reviewed with IIM staff. This process ensures that any invalid items are identified and will be dealt with in the scoring process to ensure that all candidates are treated fairly.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Sincerely,

CAT Candidate Care Support
Prometric Testing Pvt. Ltd.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
CAT Centre, Date and Slot: Saraswati College of Engg , Navi Mumbai , 16th nov 10:00 am

1) How many attempts you have made?
DI-12 (1 wrong question I have complained against)
QA-16
VA-15-17 (3 random guess in 4 Question RC in last minute)

2) Your last mock score? If you are there at http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-an...tory-2010.html , please provide the link here.

3) How was your experience of the test?
Glitch free and helpful proctors.

4) What was the surprise element for you?
Everything discussed

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?
In one hour wait start brushing up ur calculation speed would be helpfull

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, sections etc.
DI
-very DI part so took my time to solve them correctly,LR was doable ,however ended up doing 12 only at the end of 55 mins and 2 Question whose answer were not matching with options and I had complained against one of them
QA-easy and moderate questions ...still doable after disastrous stint in AimCAT QA it was better than it 16 attempts ,
VA-15-17 attempts in 32 mins.... 1 wrong i know for sure ... 3 Guesses God save me in VA.......

PS : Puys who had taken paper on 16th Nov 2010 , 10 am ... Did anyone of u complained against any wrong questions
CAT Centre, Date and Slot:KgReddy hyderabad,16, 3.30 pm slot

1) How many attempts you have made?Some 32-33 in All

2) Your last mock score? NA.

3) How was your experience of the test? Was Good,it was really well managed and smooth.

4) What was the surprise element for you?Though had heard that DI was Calculative but Pheww what is the purpose of adding 7 digit no.'s I,really couldn't understand.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better? Not much, but one shouldn't start the paper with DI,it eats a lot of time:shock::shock:

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, sections etc. QA-was easy many sitters(but at least 2 question were incorrect),VA-was relatively easy but i found parajumbels a bit difficult,DI as I said was very calculative.

7) Any other query or something you would like to share with us. I, have a query with only 32-33 attempts do u guys think I,should apply for Nirma,KjSomaiya considering the fact that my accuracy has always been good.
Quant : 14
LRDI : 17
VA : 12

2) Your last mock score? ranged from 70-97... most were in mid 80s (this is for AIMCAT)...gave NATCAT (90-100%ile)

Good. Thankfully got a good seat)

None

No rocket science here.

QA : Average. There were a couple of incorrect questions that i did not attempt (could not take chances). Otherwise i would say easy questions.

LRDI : Easy. Though I left a couple of questions that required lot of calculation.

VA : Difficult. I wasted hell lot of time here. Still attempted only 12 Qs. I hope my accuracy and i sail through somehow.

7) Any other query or something you would like to share with us.

None

All the Best

PS : Most people posting comments on pagalguy for this slot have attempted more questions than me...specially in VA...hold no chance 😞 😞

CAT Centre, Date and Slot:TIT Bhopal, 16th Nov mrng:clap:
1) How many attempts you have made? 47 (my highest) QA:16 VA:15 DI:16
2) Your last mock score?70%tile usually ranges frm(60-90):o
3) How was your experience of the test?..It was simply great ..no glitches nothing ..nice center nice procters ..all went well ..:cheers:
4) What was the surprise element for you?..noyhing much ..just paper was damn easy .. as per ma expectation..just stuck in some quant problems ..which was l8r heard as wrong one's:o
5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?..no nothing ..all r fully aware of it ..
6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, sections etc
QA was damn easy ..a lot of sitters ..
DI was also ..easy ...and VA was ma weakest soo ... nothing to say ..just managed ..Overall an easy paper ..easily managable:cheers::clap:
7) Any other query or something you would like to share with us...
ATB to every body ...be calm and cool mainatain ur equanimity ..thoghout the paper ..and think of one question at a time....ATB ....:clap:

PUYS plz help me out....
I have lost my voucher..wat can be done now???
will dey allow me to give xam???
my xam is on 18th november:banghead: morning :banghead:

plz plz plz reply asap

Hi ,

Do not worry if u have lost the voucher .. its not that much IMP.. but make sure u still phone up prometric candidate care helpline and inform them ..

Admit card n valid Photo ID are must ...

All the best for ur exam ...

Puys, this thread for the 16th November experience.

You can post your doubts here
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/cat-2010-official-notification-application-discussions-25044724

call on this number : 1 800 103 9293 and clarify.

do u have the BANK SLIP's candidate copy..?
if u have that they might allow you..

arre its a voucher...how can i have bank copy of dat...

if no voucher den no chance>???

When you bought the CAT form, you should have filled a form as well and paid the money. The Copy which was given back to you is your copy and thats the bank copy.
Tepper School of Business - Carnegie Mellon University, Class of 2017 - GMAT 760
CAT Centre, Date and Slot:
MeritTrac, Bangalore, 16th nov, 3:30
57 : DI 20 VA 19 QA 18
2) Your last mock score? If you are there at http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-an...tory-2010.html , please provide the link here.
The test was well conducted and was more or less glitch - free(technically).
Qn. with wrong options... dint expect it at this level.
None, just read the tutorial well.
DI : Easy-moderate. Not as calculation intensive as I was expecting reading the earlier posts. Had ample no. of LR questions.
QA : Moderate.Slightly unclear language of some questions made it a little time-consuming section.
One question on averages and mixtures definitely had wrong options. The ratio asked was surely less than 1 but the options all had values > 1. Have posted it at IIM-CAT Contact Us#. Lets see what they do.
VA : As abstract as it can get. NO question on grammar/sentence correction made it all the more reader point-of-view based. Getting to 2 options was ok, but after that it might turn out to be luck.
PJs, RCs, PCs, Inappropriate usage,etc.
Don't reach the test center too early, or you'd be doing nothing but sitting blank for the hour and a half before the test.

All the best 😃

CAT Centre, Date and Slot: IBSAR 3.30pm 16 nov

Number of confident attempts:
DI 18
QA 15
VA 15

Other than that, took a few educated guesses , about 2 or 3 each in QA n VA
2) Your last mock score? If you are there at , please provide the link here.
Mock Scores (Mock Scores Repository 2010)
Generally mid nineties is AIMCATs and some pretty satisfyin 99.5 + scores in ICATS

Test was conducted very well, though the wait was a big bore. Should have reached 90 mins late instead of 30, on hindsight. A very boring wait, with huge boards proclaiming IBSAR's top 50 mba college status :shock: adding to the agony !

No surprises other than the wrong questions ! That was some real time wasted in the QA section ! :banghead:

More coming on that further down.

No real tips other than that we have to be careful to not click on the screen randomly as the answer options change, not just by clicking in the circles in front of the options, but by clicking anywhere in that line.

DI - Breeze ! lots of observational sets. Just like the ones in ICATs. Instead of lengthy questions, was pleasantly surprised to see sets with 2-3 questions each. DI was of very easy level.

VA- Apparently easy section, but we all know how close options in VA can be ! same was the case here, in abt 4-5 questions, with easily coming down to two options but then needing to apply some contextual reasoning to narrow it down to one. (or in some cases, the very reliable - eenie, meenie

QA- finally, with 53 mins to spare and high on confidence , came to QA, where the momentum came to a grinding halt! Some real rare and difficult questions ( owing to NDA, wont name chapters, but be rest assured that sound basics is all it needs to solve those questions, as i realised later) were coupled with wrong questions. :nono:

After discussing with a couple of highly venerated Quant faculty, there is no doubt of the following :
1. The average-mixture problem of sugar solutions did not have correct options. :banghead:
2. The AP problem involving variables was incorrect.

This is totally unacceptable and all the CAT takers in this slot need to write to IIM. After getting valid emails from a size-able percentage of applicants, IIM will look into the questions and grade us in QA out of 18 instead of out of 20.

If this is not done, all of us in this slot will be majorly disadvantaged against other CAT takers. This rightful even-ing of the playing field is crucial for us, as i see most have attempted 12-13 questions in QA and we desperately need to get these incorrect and unfair questions discounted in order that we make cut offs. Those two questions may well be the difference between 2 IIM calls and NO IIM calls, trust me.

We need to write to IIM-CAT Contact Us and bring this to the test conductor's notice. I think a subject of ' I was not satisfied with my experience on the exam day' shall suit best, and we all have to write telling them about these two quant questions.

Guys, keep your focus strong, and concentrate only on the problem in front of you at that moment. Keep mind clear of baggage while attempting questions. ATB to you all !!

Ill have a 2 day break and party:drinking: :cheers: Then its back on the track that leads to IIFT

PS: Pls spread the word around amongst CAT takers of this slot who might not be active on such forums to send that same email, so that IIM may respond in our favour without delay!

CAT Centre, Date and Slot: DY patil pune 10.00 am
DI 16
QA 17
VA 18
OA 51:cheers: (Will take that banking on accuracy.Easily could have been 2-3 more)
2) Your last mock score? If you are there at , please provide the link here.
Simcats (90-98%ile)

perfect. Prometric guys were helpful. we were allowed to move out of lab after checking and were asked to enter lab by 9.30
We were allowed to move in corridor itself. But I stealthily escaped thru premise's maingate to take a few sips of tea..

Nothing.
not required I guess..

QA - 9-10 sitters.3 tough. Rest I would say moderate. 2 questions were wrong I guess-no options matching. Anyone else echoing the same voice?

DI- Mixed sets of DI and LR. LR was relatively simple.DI was a bit calculation intensive but not so much the way I heard of previous slots.Time management and right-pick is the key in this section.2 questions were tough to solve in given conditions. Another one was definitely wrong.

VA - 3 RCs- 4,3,2 questions. Easy to read. 2PJ,2PC,1FIB,3MU,3 confusing words. thank god No grammar questions.Moderate difficulty level
Need to discuss and report the wrong questions. Just want to be sure that they are wrong before reporting. Requestiing puys who gave CAT in morning slot on 16th to PM me. We can discuss this. I already PMed a few, but still awaiting there response.
To future test takers- difficulty level is varying from slot to slot. Counter it on merit.Go for the kill
CAT Centre, Date and Slot:merit trac chandigarh, 16th nov 3.30

DI-12
QA-14
VA-18

Glitch free and helpful proctors.

nothing unique

Take your time to go through tutorial as other will do that and if u start before ,u may have to encounter noise.

DI
-I felt it was lengthy mostly DI part so took my time to solve them correctly,LR was doable ,however ended up doing 12 only at the end of 50 mins.
QA-mix of easy and moderate questions but had some speed breakers.I wont say it was well spread across all major topics but Cat does that often....anyways....14 attempts ,2 may be wrong AFAIK.
VA-i have swinged to both extremes in aimcats and cl mocks....so cant classify according to my knowledge....but content wise ,expected questions and if tide turns in your favor...this section will take u through....18 attempts in 40 mins....

CAT is over....other battles to fight on super sundays....so no time to fret over mistakes....

all the best to everyone....:)