[Official] CAT 2010- 14th Nov - Day Twelve Discussions

52 Posts  ·  73 Users
About this group
Hi All, Wishing everyone best of luck! People who are taking the CAT exam today, please post in this format. _* CAT Centre, Date and Slot: 1) How many attempts you have made? 2) Your last mock score? If you are there at htt...
Page 1 of 6

CAT Centre: Sec -14 Gurgaon,
Slot: Morning

1) How many attempts you have made?
QA:14
DI/LR:
VA:6 :banghead:

2) Your last mock score?
No Mock Exp.

3) How was your experience of the test?

Overall it was nice but i was poor in attempting question. I should have done more questions. :

4) What was the surprise element for you?
Nothing special

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?

Practice reading on computer

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, sections etc.

DI was tough.
QA was easy except i was not able to recall basic formulas
VA was ok.

7) Any other query or something you would like to share with us.

I think 1-2 questions in quant were wrong. They were too easy but i was not able to find the correct answers.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

CAT Centre, Date and Slot:

1) How many attempts you have made? QA:18 DI/LR:14 VA:18

2) Your last mock score? http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/50562-mock-scores-repository-2010-a-23.html#post2188122
Last one was AIM1102# with 98+

Pretty good,everyone was helpful and exam was conducted smoothly.As this is my 2nd CAT attempt and my 1st ever online CAT,unable to compare with CAT09.My only other CAT attempt being CAT'08..

Different from what CAT Prep Institutes make us habituated to during the Test Series...

Nothing much if one has taken online tests regularly

DI was surprisng and so was QA,for opposite reasons though...
QA seemed to be easy as no critical no. theory sums,no application of graphs/straight lines/curves,no permcom problems...
DI was lengthy and i suggest don't get stuck in this section....work on higher accuracy rather than higher attempts...
VA seemed to be ok apart from 1 RC

Couple of Quant problems wrong.....particularly a geometry problem...
And the 1.5hr wait before exam commencement was boring....

FMS 2014 || CAT'11 : 99.97%ile || CAT'10 : 99.19%ile
CAT Centre, Date and Slot: asai pasific, jasola vihar, Slot 3:30pm

oa--->54( made same in 2009)

qa--->19(no tukka)
di---->17(4-5 logical tukka)
eu--->18.xx
2)last year percentile.......97.xx,,,,,,oa.....qa--->99.xx,,,eu--->93.xx...,,di/lr--->77.xx:banghead::banghead:
3) Your last mock score? If you are there at

AimCat---->92.xx

Well ,it has be said it was much better than 2009 because with increase in number of slots .

Lengthiness of DI\LR section

DI\ LR : Calculation Intensive but LR manageable
VA : same lyk 2009
QA : slightly tougher then cat 2009
1) How many attempts you have made? QA-15 , DI-11 VA-18 overall: 44

2) Your last mock score? If you are there at http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-an...tory-2010.html , please provide the link here.
last 5 mocks( from 1101 to 1105) : 99.58, 98.0, 99.33, 96.6, 99.7

3) How was your experience of the test? poor handling by prometric as usual. Unnecessary waiting period. They did not have the brains or courtesy to put chairs to put in front of the college to allow people who came in early to sit . Had to stand in the sun for 2 hours. Came in early as the college was located well outside the city in a jungle of sorts. At night , there were no lights and had to stand in the dark with no auto or bus passing by.

4) What was the surprise element for you? none....expected this disrespectfulness from the evil and corrupt Prometric

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better? dont think....just do it

QA was easy...no preps needed
DI was lengthy.....shud be good in mental maths
VA is moderate......shud have studied well in school

The exam is totally luck based.

Any post on this thread, not following the format will be deleted.

CAT Centre, Date and Slot : Regional college of management,Bhubaneswar 10am slot

1) How many attempts you have made?Va-16,Di-13/14, Qa-13/14, OA- 42/44

2) Your last mock score? If you are there at
CAT 09- 92.40 AIMCAT 1101 :91

good..No glitches

DI . It was solvable but was taking a hell lot of time.
Don't sit before ur comp/lappy 1 day before your cat. :)

VA- This is my weakest section but still i found it to be easier than cat 2009.

DI- moderate to tough .....Guys go for accuracy. even if u attempt 8 with 100 percent accuracy .u will clear the cutoff.....

QA- moderate-- No formula based questions.. Many sitters with 3-4 not solvable ones...

Cat 2010 is about common sense, good time management and selection of questions...

All the best 😁

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late post in this thread. I guess I will be the last here :)

CAT Centre - Global Academy of Technology - Bangalore , Date and Slot - Nov 14th 3:30 pm slot:

VA - 20
DI/LR - 12
QA - 14OA - 46

2) Your last mock score?
I have been averaging 94 %ile in IMS SIM CATs

It was a good experience. The people who were proctoring were very helpful and friendly. We were allowed to be outside the exam hall until 3 pm. It was a good thing as the test takers could converse with each other, which kind of calmed the anxiety which was building up.

DI was the surprise element for me. Too calculation intensive.

I definitely suggest that people should take mock Computer based tests at least in the DI section. The questions I had got were tables which were some 8 columns and around 30+ rows with lots of data filled. It becomes very difficult to handle these calculations if one has not practiced DI on a computer.

I found VA which is my strength area quite easy. My weak section was QA for which I had prepared extensively this time so I can tell it was Easy - Moderate (A couple of questions completely stumped me though). But DI was a little above moderate.

Like what people have told before, fluid management is very important. Due to lack of anything to do, people tend to drink water a lot. Unless it is really really required, you will not be allowed to go out of the exam hall after it starts so you better do whatever is necessary so that you don't end up coming out of the exam hall in the 2 Hr 15 min time.

CAT Centre, Date and Slot: KG Reddy College of Engineering & Technology, Hyderabad : 3:30 PM slot

1) How many attempts you have made?46(QA-16,VA-15,DI-15)

2) Your last mock score? Have given only IMS SIMCATs. Scored between 55% and 98.3% in 7 or 8 tests. Mostly in the range 70%-94%

3) How was your experience of the test? Couldn't be better. Prometric handled it very well this time.
The waiting time was too much but you gotta use that time to stay cool and make up a steady mind rather than get anxious.
It was a little difficult to get to my centre as it was situated far away from the main road (not to mention the road leading to it which was just toughened mud i guess)

4) What was the surprise element for you? None

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better? Be cool, revise your basics and I am sure you'll rock.

QA - should be able to do 10+ questions if you had moderate preparation. Attempting 15 in 30-35 minutes should be easy if you have prepared well.
DI & LR - DI calculations were cumbersome but i had to do them as LR questions with huge number of statements was definitely not my area of expertise. Overall I could attempt 15 questions in 50 minutes.
Verbal - I could attempt 15 questions in the first 30 minutes and thats it, I was done with verbal there. Though I could attempt 20, i refrained from doing so as i knew how bad my accuracy was . I cant judge the difficulty level but my suggestion would be to mark only those you are confident about(of course try to make sure thats above 12 atleast to be on safe side)
Toughness level order according to me would be : DI > QA=Verbal

7) Any other query or something you would like to share with us : Practising complex calculations should get you though DI/LR section. Good vocab and focus should get you through Verbal. Good grip of basics and keen eye for twisters/tricky questions should get you through Quant.
Thats all folks! All the best to everyone.

CAT Centre, Date and Slot: 14th Nov 10:00 ISBR Bangalore

Quant - 14 VA - 14 LRDI - 16
OA - 44 :cheers: M happy n satisfied.

2) Your last mock score?

Scores vary from 77 to 98....most of the scores around 95-96.

Awesome arrangements. Every thing looked very well planned and managed.

No surprises as such. Paper was exactly as expected.

Knew that sitting idle for too long would increase my anxiety levels. Entered last at 8:30 AM Was among the last guys to submit wallet, watch etc Then went for biometric part also last. Asked a proctor for time while entering the lab, so had to sit just 30 mins idle front of the system. We were allowed to go out till 9:30, so went out a couple of times for a sip of water just to calm myself. Do not drink too much of it

Started with QA, then VA and lastly DI/LR.

QA - Good set of questions. Was having fun solving them. Looked like tougher than wat previous batches had got. But 14 solid attempts in 45 mins very much doable. Few were tough, wasted some 1-2 mins time in them with no avail. Made a mistake here - should have moved on immediately. But satisfied wen other guys outside said that Quant was tough for them as well

VA - PJ's very simple, PC's - 2 easy, 1 too long to read so left it. SC's - 2 Q's ( clicked next as soon as I saw them ) have never got them right ever.
Usage 1 Q (Clicked next immdiately) RC's - 2 passages were easy with 3 nice questions each ( Used highter effectively) 3rd RC looked tough + had inferential questions like title etc so left tat as well. Heavily banking on accuracy in this section so made attempts only were I was confident of the answer. Spent 35 mins to attempt total 14 Q's.

LRDI - Knew it before hand that this section will be way too lenghty to finish in 45 mins.(Thanks to Puys) Had dedicated last 55 mins to push to 16-17 Q's with gud accuracy. Left one 3 question set with which had too many huge numbers were I thought I would make mistake in calc so chased another LR set in last 5 mins. Luckily solved 2 out of 3 in it. How much satisfaction it gives wen u mark 2 Q's in last 3-4 mins 😃 Due to this came out smiling

Guys leave tough Q's immediately in Quant - there are easier ones sitting right next to it.
Use Highlighter effectively in RC's - helped me loads to eliminate wrong options.
Very Imp - DI/LR - All sets are solvable, don't get intimidated by the size of Question. Just solve approximately and have a look at the question asked. Questions are far too easy compared to the amount of data in question. You yourself will find out while solving.

I am heavily banking on accuracy to be very gud. Hope God pulls me through this one.
Anyways All The Best Guys. Relax, Chill and Rock the CAT !!!

CAT Centre, Date and Slot: Cochin 14th Nov.. 3:30 P.M

1) How many attempts you have made? VA-16 or 17,DI-14,QA-14 OA-44 or 45.

2) Your last mock score? Range (78-99) Average around 95%ile

OK.The only problem is that there was a long wait after the biometric tests.

DI-very time consuming.

Get familiar with the interface before taking the exam.

VA- moderate.

DI - tougher than most aimcats.

QA- had a lot of easy questions and 4-5 tough ones.

Tell me if i have broken any NDA norms.

Hi Puys,

Sorry for late reply..
Here goes my analysis: 10 am slot, Evernonn Compass Center,Gurgaon.

Va-17,Di-16, Qa-16

2) Your last mock score? If you are there at
I started with early 90's in mocks. Slowly picked upto higher 90's. Last mock scored 98.xx

Was very good..No glitches

DI- Don't know why IIMs wanna test future managers with such kindda paper. Few sets were meant to be left straight away after seeing them.:wow:

Nothing, go through the tutorial. Use the mark option wisely.

VA- Except for an inferential RC, I found rest of the paper pretty manageable in 45 mins. One RC was a sitter, just one thorough reading was enough. PJ's and Para completion questions were moderate. There were couple of sentence correction, couple of vocab based questions.
Left 1 RC and 1 SC.

DI- Found it time consuming.
Left 1 LR set which was like a RC and left 1 more question from a DI set which demanded too much calculation.
I would like to suggest 1 thing Puys, If possible go through past year IIFT DI questions.
I found CAT questions more on those lines (calculation intensive)

QA- QA being my favorite section, I started the paper with it.12-13 questions were manageable in 45 mins.
Found few questions time consuming sol left them after spending some time on it.Attempted 16 in 40 odd minutes.(Got 2 wrong 1 silliest mistake of my life :banghead::banghead:

Puys, focus on accuracy.This year's CAT being moderate one accuracy is of much more importance.In paper of my slot, an effective score of 100 plus will be terrific.

Best of luck to all....
Going with the tide :)