[Official] CAT 2010- 10th Nov - Day Eleven Discussions

23 Posts  ·  38 Users
About this group
Hi All, Wishing everyone best of luck! People who are taking the CAT exam today, please post in this format. _* CAT Centre, Date and Slot: 1) How many attempts you have made? 2) Your last mock score? If you are there at htt...
Page 1 of 3

CAT Centre, Date and Slot: 10 nov, everon kompass sec-14, gurgaon

1) How many attempts you have made? DI-14,QA-15, VA-10, Overall-39
accuracy should be around 80%
expecting percentile---85 to 92

2) Your last mock score? http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mock-scores-repository-2010-25050562 -- AIMCAT %tiles varied from 50-90 (exlcuding 97 and 17) with an average of 70 %tile

3) How was your experience of the test? Good..

4) What was the surprise element for you? No surprise element...

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better? NA

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. NA

7) Any other query or something you would like to share with us. NA

IMI Batch 2014-16 || Placecomm || Mckinsey
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
CAT Centre, Date and Slot:
1) How many attempts you have made? DI-16,QA-18, VA-17, Overall-51
2) Your last mock score? If you are there at http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-an...tory-2010.html , please provide the link here -- AIMCAT %tiles varied from 90-99.84 with an average of 94-95 %tile
3) How was your experience of the test? Good..same as last year
4) What was the surprise element for you? No surprise element...It was good that the review option was there to switch between sections
5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better? To know the system well...if you mistakenly click on an option, click it back to unmark it etc...familiarise with the tutorial....also have your one eye on the time clock...
6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, sections etc.
Toughness was more or less similar to last year...except the fact that DI section pattern has changed...now there are caselets with 1-2 questions...they may seem tricky to comprehend but are easy to manipulate...Quant section has a lot of sitters hidden between relatively ambiguous questions...Verbal is as usual moderate...
7) Any other query or something you would like to share with us. Keep your cool...remember the basic theorems and basic formulas well...especially for geometry and mensuration...100+ scores shall fetch 99+ %tiles...

CAT Centre, Date and Slot: Jaipuria Insti of Management, Noida: 10 a.m (Pleasantly surprised to see 2 people from the same slot having posted before me)

1) How many attempts you have made?
OA: 54
QA:18
DI: 16
VA: 20

2) Your last mock score?
AIMCAT 1101 - 140, AIR 6

3) How was your experience of the test?
Okay-ish. Those guys were slow to get us into our labs. It could've been troublesome for someone not used to the interface.

4) What was the surprise element for you?
I was really surprised at the start of the paper 'cuz I'd expected a real easy one as everyone had been getting throughout the test days, but I didn't find our paper to be easy at all. 3-4 quant questions were really tricky, so much so that I still am not sure of the answers. One data sufficiency question was ambiguous. There were two possible answers, I think.

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?
In case you don't have any experience of online exams, better get some soon cuz it'd really help. The interface is completely similar to the IMS interface; plus the highlighting, of course (really helped me in RCs) :)

Umm.. QA - A little on the tougher side, I think. Some sitters, but some untouchables too :(
DI - Read the questions before the data, that's all I'd say. This one advice could save as much as 10 minutes in your paper. Attempt the easier ones (10-12 accurately) to clear the cut-off and come back to it if you have time.
VA - RCs were moderate. PCs ambiguous. Correct sentences irritating as no sentence had a full stop! Not really sure as to what's gonna happen here :banghead:

7) Any other query or something you would like to share with us.
Nothing really.

OA - 43-46 .DONT REMEMBER EXACTLY ! :o

2) Your last mock score? If you are there at
GOT 90 %TILE IN PRAC-CAT

QA- EASY TO MODERATE
LR/DI- TOO MUCH TIME CONSUMING (LENGTHY QUES- WITH ONE ALMOST MAKING AN RC PASSAGE :shock:)

SURPRIESES ARE DISPERSED ALL AROUND THE TEST .. (I WOULD CALL THEM TRAPS)

READ THE QUESTION IN LR/DI BEFORE STARTING TO READ THE
MATTER OR INFORMATION GIVEN FOR IT .

PAPER WAS MUCH LOWER ON TOUGNESS SCALE .AS I EXPECTED IT TO BE GRUELING BUT I WASN'T. QUANT WAS LIMITED TO FEW MEAGRE TOPICS

A PROMETRIC GUY WASTED MY 5 MINS AS I WAITED FOR HIM TO COME AND SHARPEN MY HB PENCILS.

kEEPING MY FINGERGGGG CHRROZZD

CAT centre : IBMT business school ,bangalore

DI - 12
Qa -13
VA - 16
OA -41

Your last mock score? If you are there at - NA

DI - demanded patience
QA - Was doable
VA - Some questions were misleaders

nothing specific

Yes we have an option to highlight sentences in RC of VA , puys use it!

Though a relative question -

QA - One can easily manage 12-13 questions in say 45 mins of time with moderate prep ,
DI - My first section and was doable
VA - keep your cool , I have given more time for this section.

Puys dont loose your cool at any moment during the exam.There are always some sitters and easy questions as well .Economize on time .Search for the questions in the areas you are most comfortable in (though it depends on one's level of prep)and are time savers as well say for example in Va - PJ's will take lesser time than RC's.If you are strong at both prefer to attempt PJs first, so that you save time and would be able to cater more time to your weaker areas.More over with time we can gain some momentum which helps us tackle tougher questions at a later stage.

All da best.

CAT Centre, Date and Slot: JAIPURIA NOIDA, 10:00 AM

LDI - 19, VA - 19, QA - 20, OA - 58

2) Your last mock score?
Simcat 1-5 Scored 99.5 percentile plus in every test
Very nice.

Nothing

Nothing special

DI was easy but time consuming due to single question caselets. Lots of unnecessary data was given.
VA was a bit tricky. PJs were of good quality. RCs were also fine. Not too difficult, but not very easy peasy either.
QA had mixture of sitters and some toughies.
OA -I would say moderate,though it was easy for me would easily get about 52-56 correct out of 58 attempted

Anything above 80/180 would fetch you a 95 percentile......

Hi All,
Psotin on pg after a loooong time
CAT Centre, Date and Slot:Rayat and Bahra Institute of Technology(Punjab), 10th Nov, Morning
QA:18
VA:20
DI:18
OA:56
2) Your last mock score? If you are there at http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-an...tory-2010.html , please provide the link here. Gave 2-3 invigilated mocks not very seriously, score between 75-97%iles.
CAT 2008: OA-99.97, VA-99.96, DI- 99.49, QA-94.63. Didnt get calls from A,B,C. So didnt join
CAT 2009" OA-96.xx(dint check the result myself. So this is all I know
3) How was your experience of the test?Got very bored and sometimes tensed(uncharacteristically)
DIs caselets that were like passages and were atmost of 1-2 questions
Go through te tutorial
QA-Very Easy
DI-Easy
VA-Moderate
I had planned on starting wid va n alternate within the sections. but started wid quant n was done wid it all in 30-35 mins:clap: Was very uninteresting VA was not so easy but was done in 40 mins. DI was very long and monotonous but still test was over wid 15 mins remaining. asked invigilator to submit my test but e advised me not to do so. tried the remaining 2 di, dint get it, left it. wid just 1 min 2 go i got the soln but time was over b4 i cld solve it:banghead:
All Te BEST to puys:cheerio:
CAT Centre, Date and Slot:
OA:49:cheers:
DI:15:wow:
QA:16
VA:18
2) Your last mock score?
AIMCAT 1101-total-97(not %ile)
iCAT 00-95%ile
SIMCAT-12--95%ile
Overall between 70-98%ile.
good
Some easy looking but tough questions.
Make sure to read and understand all 60 questions and automatically attempts will be in synchronization with difficulty level.
It was easy to modearte. I found easy question were very easy and difficult (very few) almost bouncers(at least in QA).
Started with quants. Some questions in starting itself were difficult so just moved on to search for sitters and it actually paid. Last 8-10 question were easy and did them in 15 minutes. did 16 in total though not sure about 2. some 40minutes for quants.
Than VA. Had 3 find correct senteces(grammer),two homophones(easy) 1PJ,1 word usage and rest sentence completion. It was easier than aimcats. Three RC and the most difficult one had 4 questions:banghead:. however managed to get 3/4 and the did rest 2 RC in remaining time. Over all VA was easier tha last year( atleast I feel so).Finished with VA with an hour to spare.
DI had some easy LR,some moderate DI and some lengthy DI.Took some 30-35 mniutes to do 15 DI questions.Then moved to one set from LR which I could not solve even in 25 minutes:banghead::banghead::banghead:. Effectively did nothing in last 30 minutes:banghead:
I found TF tests very close to real CAT so give it a look.Also just relax a day before( of course not like me who went to CAFE mondegar last eveneing)
test site:- GURUNANK INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT
OA: 39
VA: 14
QA: 12
LRDI: 13
2) Your last mock score?
82%

VERY WELL MANAGED...THANKS TO PROMETRIC

NOTHING IF GIVEN MOCKS.....IT ANOTHER MOCK:cheers:

IT JUST SAME AS MOCKS

QUANT WAS THE EASIEST SECTION THEN DI AND VA DFIICULTY LEVEL WAS SAME
DONT BE PANIC PAPER IS GOING TO BE EASY THAN U EXPECT TO IT:clap:

There won't be any test conducted for the next three days. Testing will resume on Sunday, 14th of November :)

All the best people :thumbsup:

Captain, PG Dream Team 2010 | CAT 11 - 100%ile | CET 10 - Rank 1 (211/240) | Co-founder Learningroots