Are the placements for 2020 outgoing batch finished ? If yes ,please share the stats?
Located in Gurugram, BML Munjal University is an upcoming private university. The university has garnered positive reviews in a very short period of time. Backed by Hero Group, the university has a very good campus. The university has labs, library, conference halls and incubation centres to support the existing course curriculum. Microsoft, IBM, Shell and Siemens are some of the companies that have set up on-campus labs. These labs are well-maintained and regularly updated. To ensure that its students ride smoothly into the future workplace, the university offers a one-of-its-kind curriculum which has been co-designed by Imperial College London. The course curriculum has been designed in such a way that students can learn beyond the core subjects. While an MBA student can specialise in artificial intelligence and data engineering, a Btech student can choose sociology as his/her elective subject. The university is truly multidisciplinary and in line with international universities. It has collaborations with several universities for its international immersion programmes. Not just that, the university also has tie-ups with several companies to offer industry-specific additional courses. The university has some of the finest faculty members. The faculty professors have rich experience in teaching. Many of them have obtained doctorates from prestigious universities. The faculty members are carefully selected by the dean after undergoing a rigorous selection process. From the very beginning, students are provided with career counselling and personal development training. The placement cell also conducts mock interviews to help students with the selection process. Over the years, the placements have improved. Several companies have visited the campus for the third time in a row. The placements were going really good until the lockdown was announced. The highest package offered to an engineering student is Rs 40 lakh per annum. Companies which have recruited students in 2020 are Deloitte, Hero Motocorp, TCS and Servicenow. Overall, BML Munjal University is a good college for multidisciplinary studies.
- FOUNDED BY HERO GROUP
- EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING
- RESEARCH DRIVEN
- INTERNATIONAL EXPOSURE
INDUSTRY INTERACTIONThroughout the duration of the programme, students interface with the industry through live projects, guest lectures, and mentorship, gaining invaluable practical experience by applying their interdisciplinary and integrated learning to real-world problems.
The Corporate Engagement Office at BMU, is dedicated to establishing students connect with a promising range of employers and some eminent companies across India.
BMU MBA students are being increasingly and eminently sought for by the corporate world, due to their attribute of being industry-ready and readily deployable, which is the outcome of the rigorous training at BMU Campus. BMU students are creating sustainable impact in the Corporate, Social and Government sector
100+ companies considered our students during PS-2 and MBA Placements together.
Amazon, KPMG, Axis Bank, and others have come to BMU campus for the third year in a row and have recruited students into a variety of profiles.
80% students of our current batch (2017-2019) have already been placed (till January 15, 2019) with an average salary of INR 8.44 LPA, median of INR 8.00 LPA and the highest being INR 15.70 LPA. The placement process of other students is still ongoing.
- >95th percentile in CAT/XAT OR > 750 GMAT scoreNet benefit : 100% of the tuition fee + free accommodation* + free food
- 90th to 94.9th percentile in CAT/XAT OR > 700 GMAT scoreNet benefit : 75% of the tuition fee
- 85th to 89.9th percentile in CAT/XAT OR > 670 GMAT scoreNet benefit : 50% of the tuition fee
*Free accommodation – will be provided on sharing basis. Electricity and AC facility will be paid on actuals by the student.
Terms and conditions
- Scholarships are not guaranteed to all the candidates fulfilling the scholarship criteria
- There are a limited number of scholarships which will be awarded on a first-come-first-served basis
- All scholarships will be awarded at the sole discretion of the selection committee only after an offer of admission is made
- To maintain scholarships, students will have to
- Maintain a CGPA above 7.5
- Maintain attendance above 80%
- Not face any disciplinary action throughout the entirety of the program
- The accommodation provided for students who are awarded a scholarship is as per the discretion of the Admission Committee. If a student wishes to upgrade his/her room, the additional cost will be borne by the student
- The management reserves the right to change the scholarship policy as per their discretion
- Defence Ward’s Scholarship at BML Munjal University : In an effort to show gratitude and honour our valiant armed forces, BMU has decided to offer an exclusive scholarship of 10% off on the tuition fee to the wards of serving and retired armed forces officers and other ranks, who are eligible as per Admission process defined by the University. Please refer to the Defense Ward’s Scholarship Policy for further details.
- Ishan Uday: Scholarship scheme by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for students from the North Eastern Region(http://www.ugc.ac.in/ugc_notices.aspx)
- Scholarship by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD): Central sector scholarship scheme for college and university students(http://mhrd.gov.in/scholarships-education-loan)
- Hero MotoCorp E2: As part of its CSR initiative, Hero MotoCorp will provide scholarships to academically bright students under this scheme in the second-year basis their performance in their first year at BMU
- Hero MotoCorp Hamari Pari: As part of its CSR initiative, specifically to encourage girl students to pursue engineering and management, Hero MotoCorp provides scholarships in the first year to academically bright but underprivileged girls to study at BML Munjal University
Haryana Domicile Admissions & Scholarships
25% seats for admissions in the university are reserved for students of the State of Haryana, out of which 10% seats are reserved for students belonging to Scheduled Castes of the State of Haryana.
The fee structure for the twenty-five per cent of the students who are domicile of Haryana shall be based on merit-cum-means and be as follows: –
- One-fifth of the twenty-five per cent shall be granted full fee concession;
- Two-fifth of the twenty-five per cent shall be granted fifty per cent fee concession;
- The balance two-fifth of the twenty-five per cent shall be granted twenty-five per cent fee concession.
As per the Government of India’s policy, banks will facilitate educational loans up to INR. 7.5 lakhs without collateral security at concessional rates of interest announced by RBI. However, loans will be sanctioned by banks after compliance of standard norms and procedural formalities. BMU has made arrangements with Avanse, Credila HDFC and Bank of Baroda for speedy sanction and disbursal of education loans to students, provided they fulfill the loan criterion as per bank requirements.
MBA in Business Analytics
Business Analytics refers to the discipline of analyzing data using explanatory as well as predictive modeling to derive insights from a large amount of data available. Unlike a conventional MBA in Business Management, the MBA in Business Analytics from BML Munjal University has been conceived in association with industry experts, to impart specialized skills sets and knowledge to students in a number of fields, including:
- Operations Research
- Machine Learning
- Computer Science
- Data Mining
Participants in the course will receive intensive and focused training that will prepare them for a career in areas such as:
- Big Data Analytics
- Social Media Analytics
- Supply Chain and Operations Analytics
- Sales and Retail Analytics
The role of analytics in businesses across industries has never been more important. Every organization needs experts who can analyse past performances and industry trends and apply the findings to make better business decisions and improve operational efficiencies. Analysis of data can provide real-time solutions to various problems faced in marketing, finance, supply chain, operations, human resources, web, etc.
On completion of the course, the students can work in various fields such as retail, healthcare, telecom, e-commerce, gaming, sports, energy, oil & gas, e-governance, manufacturing, financial services and more.
Consequently, a well-trained management student can find employment as any of the following:
- Business Analyst
- Big Data Analyst
- Business Intelligence Expert
- Business Analyst Industry Expert
- Business Analyst Project Manager
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Data Warehousing Expert
- Data Mining Expert
- Data Analyst SAS Programmer
- Market Research Analyst
- Predictive Modeller
- Qualitative Analyst
- Social Media Analyst
BMU’s unique MBA programme in Business Analytics provides the best tools and training for a rewarding career in any of these fields and the all-round development of various skills to make a difference.
BMU Ambassador Programme
BMU’s Ambassadors are a select group of students who are a link between prospective students and the university.
They represent the diversity of BMU’s PG & UG Programme and its students.
Support university’s mission of bringing the best and brightest students into the programme
Are there to answer any applicant’s questions while sharing their own experiences at BMU, whether through Campus Visits or via e-mail.
Serve as contacts for ‘Life at BMU’ and also share their insights with the prospective students.
Provide campus tours, organise classroom visits/attend a lecture, host lunches and coffee meets, and organise special admissions events throughout the year.
Once a new student is offered admission, she/he gets connected with one of our Student Ambassadors. The ambassadors act as new students’ Buddies and help them get acquainted well with the university.
Previous year Ambassadors attest that they have found participating in the Programme rewarding as they got an opportunity to meet and connect with a wide range of people – industry experts and students, and build links across the Business School.
BMU reaches Hult Prize Finals :
A team of BMU’s final year MBA students, comprising Devvrat Diwan, Saurabh Inani, Sunny Parhawk and Shrey Mehta , have started a clothing company - M.Y.T.H. - that creates clothes designed through patching on traditional and often forgotten Indian artworks.
Team M.Y.T.H. has been selected by the Hult Prize to participate in the Regionals Finals in Dubai in March.
We wish them all the best and congratulate the team for this milestone as well.
Global Leadership Programme
The aim of the Global Leadership Module is to enable BMU students to think outside the box, comprehend the concepts of design-driven innovation and creativity, develop leadership competencies, and understand how to create stronger relationships with customers using digital media.
The pedagogy at our partner universities is unique. The courses are delivered through a blend of traditional and modern learning techniques. The faculty discuss cases, use videos, and conduct hands-on exercises that allow students to apply the tools and methods learnt to real business problems.
BMU’s academic mentor is Imperial College London which is ranked 8th in the latest QS ranking of global universities. Besides faculty support, the partnership includes programme and curriculum design. The learning experience at BMU has been further augmented through collaborations with the Singapore Management University, Carleton University, Kent State University, University of California, Berkeley, Aston University, North South University and Saint Mary’s College of California.
Also, all our MBA programmes offer students mandatory Global Leadership Module at international partner universities. This 2-week programme allows students to gain new perspectives on global business practices, challenges and cultures.
As part of the module, students go through two weeks of lectures and coursework conducted by the faculty at partner universities. The courses focus on four areas – Leadership, Digital Marketing, Design Management and Business Models / Intellectual Property.
The eligibilty criteria for application process are discussed further below:
The eligibility criteria consist of a bachelor’s degree with standardised test scores. Those applicants who wish to take admission despite of appearing in any of the entrance exams will have to take the BMU-MAT (BMU’s Management Aptitude Test).
1. Preferred Standardised Tests are CAT/XAT/GMAT/MAT/NMAT
2. Minimum requirements of marks for bachelor’s degree is 60%
3. A final year undergraduate student is also entitled for application process.
4. For any of the below mentioned courses, work experience is not mandatory.
After getting shortlisted based on the test scores, the applicants will have to appear for a Case Discussion/Personal Interview round.