[OFFICIAL] AIMCAT 1308 Discussion Thread

663 Posts  ·  282 Users
About this group
AIMCAT 1308 : Invigilated ONLINE19 Aug - 26 Aug Slot booking open now.Best of luck !!
Page 1 of 67

Hey guys! where can one find previous years aimcats and prock mocks for cl? does nyne have the link?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@wovfactorAPS Thanks a lot man...i keep getting confused with this crap !!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@n9_nik

that definitely doesnt make a function
leave injective to god!!

a function is defined as one where each member of the domain has an image in the codomain,though not necessarily distinct..

i will adapt.. as simple as that.. other than that ..might be starting for new season soon..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Please help me out with this bcz i find it really confusing ... the fact that there are elements in A that have no mapping to B ... is that problem?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@wovfactorAPS definition of injection is "In mathematics, an injective function is a function that preserves distinctness: it never maps distinct elements of its domain to the same element of its codomain. In other words, every element of the function's codomain is mapped to by at most one element of its domain." ...but u said that every element in domain has to have a unique correspoding element in co-domain...

If thats the case Y is an injective function not possible??

A = { a, b, c, d, e} and B = {x, y, z}

then if f(a) = x, f(b) = y, f(c) = z ... doesn't that make it an injective function?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Not sure if this was discussed before but i was going through the solutions provided by time and in question no. 11 ==> A and B are two finite sets having m and n elements resp. and m > n. find the probability that a selected mapping ( A -> B) is NOT an injection.

The solution tells us that for it to be an injection the number of elements have to be same so the answer is 1. (since it can't ever be an injection)

Why is that so? ; isn't the definition of an injective function that every element of the range is mapped to AT MOST one element of the domain? How does that mean we need the same number of elements?

If the question meant Bijection i guess the answer would've been correct.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Please if soemone can tell what will be my %ile at 79 marks

QA and DI--44
Eng and LR--35

also please tell me how do we calculate %ile for this...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

where can i find the solutions for the aimcat?

THANK YOU SIR ALEX FERGUSON. m(__)m
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@ankita14 said:
the soln might be wrong for that one.
Right. Hope, they include that in the errata for 1308
Like guesstimating? Join the party: http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/jobs-and-careers/guesstimate-questions-discussions-t-82860/
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@gizmotech said:
Hi, Can you discuss the question 47 of RC.
the soln might be wrong for that one.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...