Official Admission thread for China Europe International Business School (CEIBS)

27 Posts  ·  15 Users
About this group
It is my pleasure to introduce the Official Admission query thread for *China Europe International Business School (CEIBS)* and welcome their official Admission representative into our community.__ The China Europe International Business Sch...
Page 1 of 3

Never been to China? Dont' speak Mandarin? Clueless what the MBA feels like??

Not any more !CEIBS is now extending invitation to an elite group of participants, who will have the rare opportunity to come to Shanghai for a week to live and experience China and the CEIBS MBA. The Summer boot camp from July 9th to 14th will offer a first hand experience of what the real Full time MBA feels like.

For more details; refer to :
www.ceibs.edu/mba
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What are the academic, work experience and profile requirements for the full-time MBA in CEIBS?

I'm a 2013 IT passed out. TCSer and MBA in China aspirant.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

Can you all suggest on ways to transfer funds (tuition / dorm etc) and also carry funds along to shanghai...
I am assuming that we might get an option to pay tuition fee and Dorm fee probably before we reach Shanghai, but if not, then how do we carry funds along?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@ananth_vickey

Ananth, similarly the opportunities for non-Mandarin speakers in IT are there, but are not as easy to come by as for Mandarin speakers. One example is our Indian graduate from 2011, who worked for as Operations Planning Manager for Ikanos Communications in India, and upon graduation moved to SanDisc Shanghai, and recently secured a position as Supply Chain Business Process Manager at Microsoft in Shanghai. I can tell you for example that for their MBA position in China, Microsoft hires exclusively at CEIBS.

Hope this helps.

www.ceibs.edu/mba
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@rafandl621

Hi Balaji

For questions that are specific to you I recommend you contact our Admissions Dept directly, but to answer you question on here -

1) Yes you can use a copy meanwhile until we recieve the official response

2) Of course it is in our online application system, in thd PDF under Recommendations,

Regards,

Roy

www.ceibs.edu/mba
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@CEIBSadmissions Hi,I wish to apply for ceibs by march 25 deadline.
I have a couple queries here.
1) I requested the GMAT scores to be sent on march 22 and I think it takes a while to reach the college. I shall upload the student copy of GMAT.Is it ok to go ahead and apply ?
2) I have not found the Recommendation letter format anywhere. Is there any standard for the same ?
I have very less time at my disposal. Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Balaji.
Balaji (Nanyang Waseda participant,2013-14)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I wish to apply for ceibs by march 25 deadline.
I have a couple queries here.
1) I requested the GMAT scores to be sent on march 22 and I think it takes a while to reach the college. I shall upload the student copy of GMAT.Is it ok to go ahead and apply ?
2) I have not found the Recommendation letter format anywhere. Is there any standard for the same ?

I have very less time at my disposal. Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Balaji.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@CEIBSadmissions - I would like to pose a similar question, but for a different profile. I have 3 years Work Ex. in the IT Service Industry in India. My aim is to continue in the IT industry after completing the MBA program at CEIBS. How feasible/realistic is this aim? Are there any such examples that you could share with me?
Your inputs would help a great deal in setting my expectations and aid in my preparation.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@ajayg1984, The China PE and VC sector is huge, with amazing potential. Nevertheless it is quite a "local" industry and usually highers those with high proficiency in the Mandarin Language. We have other international students working in VC - PE, and in fact one of them who is Indian made a career switch from a sailor to working for a local PE firm, without Mandarin proficiency. But he was head of our Finance club and made extraordinary efforts to do so. Indeed to for non-native speakers who want to go into Finance and who don't hold a special skill or experience finding those opportunities maybe tricky. I recommend you be flexible enough in also seeking opportunities in Hong Kong (every year we have a Career Trek for our students to HK, and have built a platform of contacts in the territory) and also consider returning to India and working with companies who have important activity in China.

To sum up - there are possibilties but you have to be flexible and proactive on your job search.

Hope that answers your question.

www.ceibs.edu/mba
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...