OBC Non-OMS Students lets discuss the Category Merit List Rank n CET Cutoffs here..

17 Posts  ·  7 Users
About this group
Heys guys.. Lets discuss our State *Category *Merit List Rank.. University *Category* Merit List Rank.. n d xpected cutoffs for different colleges..
Page 1 of 2

Hey,i got into Bharti vidyapeeth,navi mumbai..
only because of these DTE ppl..if u look at these minority colleges:Somaiya,Sies,Dalmia,lala,etc.. we missed about 25-30 seats and major institutes r in top 10 and thts a big difference we could have land in top 10..but these DTE ppl dont know wht they do,changes rules every year..
if they were not taking minority institutes under reservation they should have informed us or should have mentioned in brochure
i was hoping to get into top 10 but this is big loss..
i know nothing is going to change now but I m going to DTE tommorow just for an explanation..

wht's your score buddy??

:2gunfire::2gunfire: DTE

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Hello guys,i m wondering wht these dte ppl r doing..first they put up results late and now they have done a bullshit..by not consisdering reservations(OBC or ne other) in Somaiya,SIES,Dalmia,etc and all minority institutes..

i dont understand wht they r upto as they considered reservations in last year in all these institutes and not considered this year..
If they were not taking reservation in these institutes then they should have mentioned in brochure regarding tht but they have not done tht also.a Bullshit.:2gunfire::2gunfire:DTE.
hey dude .its true but we cant do ne thin about it i guess . by the way i didn get throu .how bout u ?n by the wat its all over i guess .

a Bullshit.:2gunfire::2gunfire: DTE.

Hello guys,i m wondering wht these dte ppl r doing..first they put up results late and now they have done a bullshit..by not consisdering reservations(OBC or ne other) in Somaiya,SIES,Dalmia,etc and all minority institutes..

i dont understand wht they r upto as they considered reservations in last year in all these institutes and not considered this year..
If they were not taking reservation in these institutes then they should have mentioned in brochure regarding tht but they have not done tht also.a Bullshit.:2gunfire::2gunfire: DTE.

Category- SBC/OBC

Cet Score-Total- 120

State Category Merit No.- 263
University(MUM) Category Merit No.- 142

So wat do u think guys wat r my chances...??

Hi,
Why dnt u wait for anothr year and try JBIMS. Since u ave the category advantage, wellingkar, KJ Somaiya, MET and IES are definitely gettable for u . Try for any Bbay college and u will definitely get admission except JB. PUMBA is difficult as ur category merit number is 83. And only the top 60 get into PUMBA

hey thanx so much for ur suggestion..but dnt u think i have a chance for Pumba in 2nd merit list or 3rd merit list? Considering not all top 60 will have their 1st preference as Pumba, they might go for other top 3 colleges..
pls comment..
regards.

As State category and University category merit no. is not displayed
for SBC category students in their original category..(i.e.OBC)
I hereby request all SBC category students to put up an application to Director Of DTE at mumbai office regarding the issue..and to enlist the same in final merit list..
Coz Stage I considers the rank in original category and it is not displayed
in merit list ,so there r chances of considering us in Open category..
so we need to try getting into merit list going to display on 21st june..

So,pls do the same as mentioned..

:

sunny_41984 Says
Thanks man ,for ur advice .well i am from mumbai unversity so from now il have to concentrateon my unversity category merit no . Bythe way how many seats r reserved for unversity students . answer pls

70% of the seats reserved for home university students.

Now for an institute like JBIMS which has an intake of 120, the number of seats for Home university Students would be 85.

Of these 85, 42/43 are reserved category seats.......n remaining for open category students.

I think this wud be good enuf information for you.........

Take care.

ATB

Continuing the process of foundation of new relationships, Jamil has created a new yahoo group. Ppl who are sure to join JBIMS can join this group by sending a subscription mail to

jbims2008-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

I have also created a community for the 2006-2008 batch. You can join the community here..

http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=15172460

Anyone who doesnt have access of orkut can send me a PM with their mail ids. I will send you guys the invitations directly.

Please do keep in mind that the membership is open only for people who are sure to join JBIMS.. In order to ensure that only the deserving ones get the entry, whoever sends a request to join it, please do PM me your CET Roll no. and Application Id along with your name and email-id.

Hey Man,

Let me assure u one thing that ur State Merit Number wud be more important untill ur fighting for a seat in Mum/Pune and ur not from these univs.

If ur a Mum/Pune univ student then obviously ur Univ Category num wud Matter
Thanks man ,for ur advice .well i am from mumbai unversity so from now il have to concentrateon my unversity category merit no . Bythe way how many seats r reserved for unversity students . answer pls