OBC Discussion thread for IIMs and other mba colleges..

5,856 Posts  ·  34,562 Users
About this group

*Hi Puys!!**This thread is designed to Help/ Assist "Other Backward Category" Students appearing for CAT 2013 and other exams in the 2013-2014 season.**This thread will Help in regards to Colleges having OBC quota, Obtaining OBC Non-creamy layer...

Page 1 of 586

Guys i need some help. I got my obc certificate today. The problem is that i got it in Hindi format. When i asked to authority, they told now they can issue only in Hindi format. My concern is that will it will be acceptable for admission into IIM and other such institutions.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello, had a query regarding NCL I have Ncl valid till march 2020 but to renew that i will have to submit father's income cert which is more 8lpa for the current year so i might not get a renewd ncl but a friend of mine studying in nitie says his roommate had the same issue but because his father is grade 3 officer he got the ncl as in case of govt employees ncl is issued on the basis of grade of employment and not income !! Is it right !??? Please help

2 comments
Rohan_Talawade
@Rohan_Talawade  ·  384 karma

Yes. It is right. If he is grade 3 officer, he is entitled to NCL.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
stunned1
@stunned1  ·  9 karma

Yes, it is based on the grade..

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What is the minimum composite score that converted FMS delhi for NC OBC ?

1 like5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
bvenkatesh8
@bvenkatesh8  ·  3 karma

Yes, VARC/DILR/QA

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
bvenkatesh8
@bvenkatesh8  ·  3 karma

He was a fresher with 90+/90+/80+ acads and kinda almost none in co curricular

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

PLEASE HELP. (OBC NC, MALE)

X-9.6 CGPA CBSE BOARD

XII-70.7%

BTECH 61.8% 

please tell me how much percentile to convert a good college ,and which all colleges can i get a call from!!

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Approximately 2 lac people take CAT every year, so around 2000 people will get 99 percentile and above in CAT 2019 and around 1000 people will get 99.5 percentile in the test. It will be a safe bet that at least 10000 people have the background, aptitude and preparation to exceed 99 percentile, yet only 2000 people only will do so. Why does this happen to the ones who miss out?

With all the experience I have in CAT exams and B school sdmissions in general. I can think of 2 reasons. The first is while many people prepare hard they do not have a multi dimensional game plan. As an example take CAT 2018 - many people had an idea that they will be able to score 70 plus in QA, based on the experience of CAT 2017. When this did not happen their test fell apart rather badly and there was no route back. The second is to have a hedge in each section so that even in the worst case you are able to salvage the test. A score of minimum 45 in each section and 55/60 in 2 of them will mostly assure you of 99 percentile and more. Of course, if the test happens to be an easy one as in 2017, you will need a higher score but that will not really be tough to do.

This is exactly why you need much more than just coaching classes and mock tests, which are being done by more than 1 lac people and more anyway. It is a given that smart techniques and strategies will be required to be in the elite 1000 or 2000 , more so if you are in the General category and a male to boot. If you are doing well in the mock tests and have already completed your syllabus, I will encourage you to check out my mentoring program which has a specific focus of getting people calls from one or more of the top 12 B schools in India. Send me a PM with all your details and I will get back to you. 

2 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Why do many people score poorly in VARC section when it is really not that difficult and a lot of people taking CAT are from English medium education background? There are two main reasons - firstly, lack of adequate reading habits and secondly poor concentration and attention to detail. Let me give one example to illustrate this conclusively.

As I will be away next week, I send a simple message to all the people I am mentoring outlining that information. Many people did not read even that 5 line message properly and wished me happy journey this week itself. Others asked me when I was coming back even though the information was already there in the message. The lack of attention to simple details is pretty much evident.

I will write some posts soon on how you can tackle the above issues for yourself. My pure mentoring program is open for admissions and will start on August 1. If you are interested send me a PM with your full name and details. I will then get back to you and let you know how we can go about it.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

percentile to get a call from FMS?

1 comment
Prabhu111
@Prabhu111  ·  32 karma

93 will ldo

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

This is an announcement for my final Mentoring program of the year for B schools. Note that this program does not have any coaching component and will be suitable for people who are already taking coaching from some other places or are confident of preparing on their own. The objective is simple - to get calls from one or more of the top 12 B schools in India. It is a paid program and I link half of my fees to the success of the students in getting one of these calls.

If you are interested send me a PM and I will get back to you. I will be happy to work with people who were interested in my earlier programs but could not join as it was expensive for them. I am sure they will find this way more affordable :-)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Video Thumbnail48931491641652
मनुष्य अपने विश्वास से निर्मित होता है, जैसा वो सोचता है, वैसा वो बन जाता है!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Mock tests are quite useful in assessing your current state of preparations as well as getting valuable practice of exam mode. However, they are not a substitute for building your aptitude. I have seen several people just take a high number of mock tests and look at the solutions thinking this will help them in the actual test. If you are one of the people doing so, I suggest you stop right now.

So what do you need to do then? Once you take a mock analyze your performance by checking the questions you could not do and also the questions where you took more time than normal. These will decide your corrective actions in terms of dealing with your aptitude gaps. For example if you could not solve a question on Time & Distance, go back to the basics and understand the way to solve it, then practise a few problems of that nature. Over 20 mocks or so, you will be able to address most deficiency areas and this will get you really ready for the tests. Of course, I am assuming that you start taking mocks when you have completed the syllabus completely in the first place.

For the people in my Coaching cum Mentoring program, I have asked them to take the Cracku mocks and the results are encouraging, given the overall tough nature of the tests. I am advising them on the deficiency areas and 4 months is good time to progressively take care of these. My pure mentoring program starts in August and I will finalize the intake in the next 2 weeks. If you are interested send me a PM and I will get back to you.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...