OBC Discussion thread for IIMs and other mba colleges..

6,390 Posts  ·  36,054 Users
About this group

*Hi Puys!!**This thread is designed to Help/ Assist "Other Backward Category" Students appearing for CAT 2013 and other exams in the 2013-2014 season.**This thread will Help in regards to Colleges having OBC quota, Obtaining OBC Non-creamy layer...

Page 1 of 639

My acads 60/80/6.5 /engineering /obc-ncl Which all top bschool i should target and what should be my percentile to get them?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

CAN ANYONE PLEASE SHARE THE UPDATED SPREADSHEET/.XLS/ANY DATA OF THE OBC CANDIDATES WITH CALLS/CONVERTS ?

parasjainsarap@gmail.com
2 likes7 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 7
cat97
@cat97  ·  243 karma

@subarashi I will try to include all categories

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
parasyadav
@parasyadav  ·  5 karma

@cat97 thanks to your effort but I've heard about the spreadsheet already made though not detailed like yours but only mentioning acads,percentile and calls. Do you have that ?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iihmr-university-jaipur-74000002191949/83891090953807

Abhinav Sharma from IIHMR University's MBA Rural Management Class of 2012 has worked in the social sector development field since his MBA from IIHMR. He has built up an impressive track record of contributing towards rural and child development in the state of Rajasthan. Presently, Abhinav is working as Deputy Manager, Operations at Educate Girls in Udaipur, Rajasthan. His work is contributing towards making a real difference and his achievements make IIHMR proud. We look forward to hearing about your continued success.

https://www.iihmr.edu.in/program/mba-in-rural-management 

Post 83908513134678
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys, Due to Covid, I am facing difficulty in getting new NCL Certificate for this financial year. I have a certificate of Aug 2019. Will it suffice?

UPDATE: I got reply on mail from CAT Centre. Providing the mail text below. Thanks everyone.

"Greetings from CAT Center 2020

You may upload the duly filled in undertaking (availbale on the CAT website Certificate Section) along with the category certificate which is available with you at this moment.

Regards

CAT Center 2020"

Yes
No
You have the same query
Can'tsay
2 comments18 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

Guys for NC-OBC we have to get the form filled which is given by CAT website or  the SDM/Tehsildar can give their own document which is similar in format to the one given in CAT website?

>Game is hard. >Don't give up!, 
2 comments
subarashi
@subarashi  ·  3 karma

somebody told me the sdm certificate is good enough

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
sathishbgs
@sathishbgs  ·  6 karma

Anyone will do. It just has to have that u don't belong to the creamy layer under the acts passed by the constitution.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey guys. I was wondering if my OBC certificate dated 11/06/2019 would be accepted for IIM admissions this year. I have submitted the same certificate for CAT 2019 application. Can someone please help me with this. Can I submit this certificate or do I have to take a new one?

Thank you in advance.

6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
mukul4387
@mukul4387  ·  366 karma

@sathishbgs What about at the time of filling CAT form...will last year's certificate suffice?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
sathishbgs
@sathishbgs  ·  6 karma

@mukul4387 it will do just make sure to have a valid one at the time of interviews and admission

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey guys.. first time CAT applicant here. Just want some clarity on how to apply from NC OBC.

I have to take the printout of the NC OBC certificate in CAT website, and get it filled and attested by any of the people specified who have the authority. Is there anything else that has to be done, any other document to be filled? The next step will simply be at the time of document verification during Interview process? Do IIMs also ask for proof of low family income during joining or interview process, as I would have to arrange that separately?

>Game is hard. >Don't give up!, 
1 comment
Ayyaomega
@Ayyaomega  ·  5 karma

Someone please help

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys! I am a CAT21 aspirant. My scores were 98/87/7.1 in 10th/12th/Grad. I will have two years of work ex. I am from design background. I belong to OBC NC category. If anyone can tell me how much percentile I need to hit atleast to get a call from BLACKI. It would be great help. Thank you in advance.

5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
cat97
@cat97  ·  243 karma

@Nritikatamang your name seems like female,so basically getting old IIM calls will be a cakewalk if you score at least 95, conversions of new are highly probable and old will depend on pi

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
AnmolRathore
@AnmolRathore  ·  86 karma

@Nritikatamang No one can be 100 percent sure . You Can score 99.90 and convert none of the iims as it happened with one student in 2013. Or you can get IIM A at 82 percentile as in case of one in 2017 or 2018. What i have told you is a basic line approx. To which a normal one can convert.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

based on this year Admission,

x/xII/grad(engineering) - 94/81/86 

work ex 24months ncobc

what will be the percentile required for IIM ABC for conversion 

2 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Male,Engineer OBC 87.4/85.8/8.5 Work Ex-2 years is it possible for me to make into IIM A or B ?

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...