OBC Discussion thread for IIMs and other mba colleges..

*Hi Puys!!**This thread is designed to Help/ Assist "Other Backward Category" Students appearing for CAT 2013 and other exams in the 2013-2014 season.**This thread will Help in regards to Colleges having OBC quota, Obtaining OBC Non-creamy layer...

4,400 Posts  ·  23,276 Users
Recommended

GD/PI Rewind: Tell Me How Pencil is Made?

keyboard_arrow_down
Page 1 of 440

Can I upload the NC-OBC certificate issued by the state government in the CAT form or is it compulsory to upload the central government one?

• favorite_border 
star_border
Write a comment..

Does the NC-OBC Certificate need to be in English format or the Hindi version will work ??

• favorite_border 
star_border
Write a comment..

What is the procedure to get NC-OBC certificate in Chennai? How long does it take to get the certificate?

• favorite_border 
star_border
Write a comment..

Obc nc certificate is valid till what period for CAT?

• favorite_border 
star_border
Lost Warrior @asr16  ·  2d

One financial year. Starting from April ending in March in the financial year in which you have applied for the certificate

• favorite_border 
Write a comment..

Guys, Do we have to fill the Downloaded NC OBC form in the CAT website or do we have to upload the original NC OBC certificate received from the government office? Please help ! 

• favorite_border 
star_border

The original should have same wordings as given on CAT website. You don't need to download it.

• favorite 1
Write a comment..

If NC OBC certificate uploaded was wrong..do they Cancel the application

• favorite_border 
star_border
Load more comments 2 of 5

They won't cancel. Chill. You'll be asked to produce the original incase you get selected. This is done before PI

• favorite_border 
@asr16 You think they have time to check each and every applicant's OBC certificate. No! They check only those who get selected. Plus they can't outrightly reject you. You will be given chance but you need to ...
Read More...
  • favorite_border 
Write a comment..

Hey Can anyone please evaluate my profile and tell me what percentile would be needed for a good college??

10th/12th/B.Tech - 92.8/93.66/8.3

24 months experience in Business Development

OBC NCL

Responses are appreciated :)

TIA

• favorite_border 
star_border
Write a comment..

guys please clear my confusion, cast validity certificate is not issued in my mp state, only obc non creamy certificate in central format issued by competent authority so it will creat any problem during the verification process. 

• favorite_border 
star_border

No. It won't be.

• favorite_border 
Write a comment..
Hi, I already have a NC-BC (NCL) certificate issued by the govt and I have been using this certificate only for many other exams as well. I just wanted to know if I need to download the template(format) from CATs website and get it attested from a...
Read More...
  • favorite_border 
star_border
Load more comments 2 of 8

There isn't any separate caste and separate NCL certificate.

• favorite_border 

Central Govt. format which is just similar to CAT format, covers all the details on your caste, income etc. So there is no need of a separate certificate

• favorite_border 
Write a comment..

Do I need to submit original copy or photocopy(Xerox) of my NC-OBC certificate. Which was in the same format as given in CAT website.issued by government..is it required to download the certificate from CAT website again

• favorite 1
star_border
Load more comments 2 of 4

Not required to download. The scanned copy you have attached is sufficient enough.

• favorite_border 
suryateja  @suryatheja002  ·  2d

@asr16 thank you

• favorite_border 
Write a comment..

Get access anywhere, anytime on your mobile

Download PaGaLGuY's Android App to get easy access to your discussion groups, messages and more.
Download PaGaLGuY on the Google Play StoreDownload PaGaLGuY on the App Store
Ask questions and get video answers for RBI, CAT, SSC, IBPS exams and much more with our learning app – Prepathon.
Download Prepathon on the Google Play StoreDownload Prepathon on the App Store