OBC Discussion Thread for CAT 2013 & Other Exams

186 Posts  ·  264 Users
About this group
Hi Everyone, I am Andhra Pradesh. I am going to give my CAT in 2013 ,seeking admission in 2014-16 Batch. I belong to NC OBC category, but I still don't have the certificate for it, I am going to apply for it in a week or two, after ...
Page 1 of 19

At what percentile NC OBC's are getting calls from IIMs 

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Greetings from The Economics Club of IMI, New Delhi!

Done with CAT? Now focus on GDPI!

One of its kind, 'The 10% reservation bill' recently found its space in the Constitution of India with 124th amendment.

Many analysts and politicians claim it to be a masterstroke by the NDA Government as a pre-election gimmick, while others believe it to be a flop show.

Has meritocracy been dealt with another blow to promote mediocrity?

To know more about the bill, its implication and impact on Indian society as a wholeRead thestoryhere:The 10% Reservation Bill: A Masterstroke?

https://economicsclubimi.com/2019/01/13/the-10-reservation-bill-a-masterstroke/

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Students, 

Greeting from DSM, DTU. 

Congratulations on your CAT results. We are opening the registraiton for admission soon. Stay tuned to our PG for quick updates. 

Delhi School of Management (DSM) is the premier B-School under the aegis of the renowned Delhi Technological University (DTU).

Established in 2009, DSM has since then expanded to an additional East Campus (USME), in addition to its main campus at DTU.

Boasting of a vibrant student-driven culture, highly experienced faculty and a holistic course curriculum, DSM is proving to be one of the most sought-after management schools for quality education.

For more details, visit:-

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dsm.dtu/

Pagalguy: https://tinyurl.com/dsmdtu2019

Instagram: @delhischoolofmanagement

Ravi Raj Kumar, PR Committee, Delhi School of Management
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What's the income limit for ncobc? Does it depend on individual income or parents income. Pls suggest puys

10 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 10
Sparkz123
@Sparkz123  ·  0 karma

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
vgurukool
@vgurukool  ·  0 karma

@vgurukool I've checked with concerned only parent income count not candidate

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi,

i come under the state level nc-obc list but not the central. can i still apply for cat under nc-obc category? or should i go with general?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Do IIMs take jains into consideration for the seat reserve for OBCs

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Puys,

I belong to the NC-OBC layer. But I'm facing difficulty in getting my NC-OBC certificate from the Tashildar Office of my area and they are deliberately delaying the process citing various reasons. I just want to know if we are allowed to get the NC-OBC certificate from any other Tashildar of equivalent rank from the neighbouring area. Any information on this would be most helpful.

Thank you.

1 comment
mathitup
@mathitup  ·  0 karma
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear all,

Indian Institute of Management Kashipur wishes the aspirants All the best for their interviews. We hope you all fare well in your WAT-PI.

Last minute tips:

1. D DAY 1 - Sleep well before your interview day and eat your breakfast and lunch properly. Try to reach the interview center 1 hour before your interview schedule.

2. D DAY 2 - Male and Female candidates should wear formals or super formals for the interview process. Your hair must be neatly combed and if possible male candidates should shave before the interview day. Your complete attire including your shoes must be clean and shoes must be polished. Also remember to wear a tie to the interview

3. D DAY 3 - Remember to carry all your documents as mentioned in the interview letter.

4. D DAY 4 - Remain calm and poised during the complete process. Your allotted number could be very early or very late, control your anxiety by interacting with other candidates. You may start a conversation with other candidates by asking about themselves and their future plans.

5. D DAY 5 - Do not get pressurized and overwhelmed by the big occasion. You deserve this opportunity and have worked very hard to get to this stage. Grab the opportunity with both hands. Every candidate who has been able to get to this stage has an equal chance of getting through. Believe in yourself.

6. WAT - Write a neat and clear essay by sticking to the word limit in your written ability test.

7. INTERVIEW 1 - Try to be confident not arrogant, humble not submissive during the interview session.

8. INTERVIEW 2 - Answer to the point not being too verbose and avoid beating the bush if you do not know the answers.

9. INTERVIEW 3 - There might be situations in which the interviewers might try to create pressure on you, they may ask successive questions to which you may not know the answer. Try your best to answer them but if you're unable to answer them do not get frustrated or emotional.

10. INTERVIEW 4 - Your Interview may last 5 minutes also and it may last 35 minutes also. Either is not a guarantee to a good or bad interview. May be they selected the candidate in 5 minutes. Please avoid speculation.

11. CURRENT AFFAIRS - Read the current news and especially that day's newspaper before the interview.

In-case of any query/help/clarification you may contact -

Rinesh Jain , PGP 2014 -16
Mobile - 07533903139
Email - rinesh.pgp2014@iimkashipur.ac.in
Media and Public Relations Committee,
Indian Institute of Management Kashipur

Alumnus IIM Kashipur PGP 2014-16 || CAT'13 - 98.67 Percentile
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Please download the second version of WAT - PI Kit v 2.0 which contains general awareness material from the fb group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1528055334125586/

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

We have dispatched the WAT - PI Kit to all the aspirants. Those who did not receive the Kit may download it from the facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1528055334125586/

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...