NTU Financial Engg/Intermediate Step to an MBA

2 Posts  ·  2 Users
About this group
Hi All I seek to gather info on NTU Financial Engg programme. (Program starts in July 07) I plan to do Finance Programme of one year from NTU and then gather some work ex of say 1yr in Singapore and then apply to the top notch B-sch...
Page 1 of 1
Hi All

I seek to gather info on NTU Financial Engg programme.
(Program starts in July 07)

I plan to do Finance Programme of one year from NTU
and then gather some work ex of say 1yr in Singapore and then apply to the top notch B-schools in the US.

This I feel shall make me eligible for the well coveted under 15 MBA colleges in US which as of now are beyond reach due to crunch in profile.
(non-IITian and very common IT ex)

Waiting for 3 more years in IT just to gather ex and then later shift to finance doesnt go down my throat that well.

Now my concerns are :-

1.Is the program worth and how are the job prospects after that.
2.Does the whole idea appeal to you?

regards
shramit

Well, I don't know anything about this NTU course as such, but my take is, if you eventually want to do an MBA, then why do some intermediate course?
Get some quality work experience, get a high GMAT score (750+, if you are interested in finance) and write some great essays. No one will be able to stop you from getting into Wharton or Columbia or Chicago. You have 3 years to plan all this, which is great.
If you want, then you can look for some work within the IT industry which has something to with finance, say SAP or Peoplesoft. But there a lots of people (some of them are here on PG) who have made the transition from IT to finance without any finance-related work experience.
Regards,
NAH
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All

I seek to gather info on NTU Financial Engg programme.
(Program starts in July 07)

I plan to do Finance Programme of one year from NTU
and then gather some work ex of say 1yr in Singapore and then apply to the top notch B-schools in the US.

This I feel shall make me eligible for the well coveted under 15 MBA colleges in US which as of now are beyond reach due to crunch in profile.
(non-IITian and very common IT ex)

Waiting for 3 more years in IT just to gather ex and then later shift to finance doesnt go down my throat that well.

Now my concerns are :-

1.Is the program worth and how are the job prospects after that.
2.Does the whole idea appeal to you?

regards
shramit

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...