NRI admission to IIM

36 Posts  ·  35 Users
About this group

Not many people know this but almost all IIMs accept GMAT scores for admission to PGP programmes. However, you need to be a NRI to be eligible for admission using GMAT score. This thread will serve as a platform for sharing information with curren...

Page 1 of 4

Anyone applying for the 2018 intake via the overseas route.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anyone Any idea, when will the shortlist for IIM calcutta be out for those applying through Gmat? or is it already out?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey guys, how are you preparing for the interviews? Formal coaching?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Any news for overseas candidates? They released the CAT shortlist today

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
sagar3589
@sagar3589  ·  0 karma

They have the GMAT shortlist percentile cut-off at 97 (GMAT 740). And only 10 people were shortlisted. If you think you you might be one of them you can probably send them an email.

http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/users/admission/files/Shortlisting%20Criteria%20for%20PGP%202015-17%20bat...

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
john.rambo
@john.rambo  ·  0 karma

Hmm... Thanks! 😃

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello ? 2nd call for people applying this year ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

anyone planning to apply for the 2015 intake ?

7 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 7
sagar3589
@sagar3589  ·  0 karma

I am applying to IIM-A/B/C, ISB, XLRI, and SP Jain. You?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
john.rambo
@john.rambo  ·  0 karma

IIM-A,B,C and ISB YLP

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anyone applied this year?

9 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 9
jainpiyushjain
@jainpiyushjain  ·  0 karma

Thanks for the link

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
NRIMBA
@NRIMBA  ·  0 karma

Hey so did you get thru IIMB or L ? how was the result ?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

IIM-A Overseas Admission (I am not sure where to post this, but since this is mostly about NRI admissions, I thought this might work, but I'm sorry if this isn't appropriate!)

I'm a US Citizen and a senior in college at a top 10 university by the US News & World Reports (Does IIM-A care about what university you went to at all?). I am applying to IIM-A this year, but am very confused by the wealth of information online, so I was hoping for any help or advice about the overseas admission.

I took the GMAT a couple weeks ago, and I think my overall score is fine (I got a 780), but I got a 50 on the math, which is the 89% percentile. Do I need to retake the GMAT? I heard that for IIM-A, you need at least a 99% percentile? Or is that only for the overall score? I know last year you needed a 790 to get admitted without a masters or work experience? So do you think GMAT will matter more or less now? Because I'm only graduating this year, so I have neither a masters nor work experience, and I don't really want to bother going through (and paying for) the whole application process if I don't have a shot at all.

I was talking to my cousin in India, and I don't know how the CAT works at all actually, but he told me that you need a score of around a 320 on the CAT to get into IIM. But a 780 on the GMAT only translates over to a 298 according to IIM-A's online chart? I signed up to take the GMAT again, but now I'm kind of regretting that, because I don't know if I want to bother. I'm considering cancelling my test date. But I will take if I have to I suppose. Any recommendations?

Also, I'm a double major in both a science and a humanities. Should I put both of my majors down on my application or choose only one?

Also, I was looking at the application rating score formula. I would receive a 10 for rating A, a 10 for rating B, but only a 7 for rating C. Does this significantly lower my chance of admissions?

Thank you so much for any help you can provide me! I am very, very confused right now. I tried calling the admissions office and I e-mailed them as well, but have only received good answers about the logistical parts of the application.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Any idea about the Dancing pagalguy Emoticon? @sb3191 @hokiegrad1987 @dbhai ?😠 😠 Not able to find it😠

1 Call, 1 Convert :) Joka, here I come :)
3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
sb3191
@sb3191  ·  0 karma

Yeh kafie hai

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
r.mehndiratta
@r.mehndiratta  ·  0 karma

Lol @sb3191

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys/Gals, for all those who got in Congrats...👏🍻

It'll be really helpful for everyone to know your Profiles (Wrk-Ex/Extrac CC) and GMAT score. Please reply.

Thanks
14 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 14
lostwanderer
@lostwanderer  ·  0 karma
@r.mehndiratta I just heard 6 guys were there for interviews.. I dunno any one apart from u now 😃
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
r.mehndiratta
@r.mehndiratta  ·  0 karma
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...