NRI Admission to IIM

3,436 Posts  ·  251 Users
About this group
Hi all I have a query ...so all u veterans Chandoo...PG...Simba......pls help.... I got 94%ile in this years CAT(frst attempt ...no formal prepration) ...didnt wanted to go to any of the Fore IMI kind of schools.......now i have a option of a ...
Page 1 of 344
@saurags
@saurags said: sahi hai, bahar raho kuch tym and den seats le lo IIMs mein !!!!! no offences but do 'you' ppl feel it is justified ?? i m nt cribbing bcz i cudnt make into IIMs ... just wanted to understand d 'morality' factor............. )
Let me dissect your comments and give my perspectives

1) 'bahar raho kuch tym' is not that easy a task to accomplish given current market conditions. This itself takes a lot of smart work to find jobs outside India. And you need to be street-smart and hard-working to get such jobs, which in itself are much desirable qualities for a management professional. Hope you know it.

2) Seats le lo IIMs mein
I wish it were that easy buddy! Maybe you can open up your eyes a little and try to find true facts about the number of calls and converts for NRI candidates too, rather than just sulk on pagalguy about how others use *immoral* (as per your dictionary) ways to go for an MBA. Most IIMs select not more than 4-5 NRI candidates, and the number of people interviewed is atleast 100+. Further, getting a call for interview itself is quite a filtering process. And dont neglect the fact that GMAT range of those who get selected are relatively higher 740+ range. So is it immoral considering these factors?

3) do 'you' people feel it is justified?
You're missing the whole point buddy. MBA needs diversity. Diverse candidates(NRIs, CAs, Fashion grads, 7-8 yrs workex, NGO workers etc) can enhance your experience at IIMs. MBA is not a t-shirt you purchase. It's about experience and learning and interaction and networking. As it is, IIMs are filled with 90% engineers. If there is even a slight bit of relative diversity, one should appreciate it.

4) 'i m not cribbing'
You better not. If you think the world ends at CAT, then you need to see what happens at the other side of the fence, inside IIMs. An admit is just a qualifying round, so to speak. Once inside, its a level field. So be ready for it, when you get in :)

But this is just my perspective. You're free to find your own thoughts. All the best! :)
2 likes
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

We usually do not do profile evaluations on this forum. 720 is a great score and if you look at the profiles of ppl who make to the IIMs, many have 0 work experience. I see not reason for worries.

http://adabass.blogspot.com

as an afterthought i suggest that all the guys who are going through the NRI route either try to collectively have a word with dean on paying at a fixed rate to avoid the impact of adverse Rupee movements or else see if any of the banks will sell you USD forwards ( wont be too costly, the thing would be to get them).

congratulations to everyone who made it. for those going to Joka, i might be of some help with the queries. Are the fees still at 40k USD or revised ? steep numbers you guys will end up paying. hope they are worth it 😃

thebigshort Says
Asking FMS directly would be more useful IMO.

Dey are not telling on fone neither they are replying to E-Mail
mbafrmfms Says
Nyone on this plzzz

Asking FMS directly would be more useful IMO.
mbafrmfms Says
I have a query FMS offered admissions to NRI in 2011 but in class of 2012 it was mentioned @ there website that candidate has to take up CAT-2011 ,Does that mean from now on NRI's can't take admission in FMS thro GMAT?

Nyone on this plzzz
Puys,

i just received an email from iim indore that i have been selected.
however, i am heading to XL for GMP program.

Congrats yaar!!
mbafrmfms Says
Plz post ur profile so that we can get some idea

All of our profiles (exam scores & all) were mentioned somewhere in the history of this thread. Please take the time to review past posts.
Puys,

i just received an email from iim indore that i have been selected.
however, i am heading to XL for GMP program.

Plz post ur profile so that we can get some idea