Northeastern MBA Fall, 2013

49 Posts  ·  19 Users
About this group
Hi Guys, I was looking for a thread for the Northeastern University's MBA program, but i could not find any. I have been trying to research about the program, but there isn't much info available on the internet. Any feedback regarding ...
Page 1 of 5

Hi Puys,

Is there anyone on this thread joining NEU this fall? Is there a social network group where you have been connecting?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi. I have received an admit to NEU (GMAT 690/5.5/3 yrs work ex). I also have an admit to Schulich (1 yr in India+ 1 yr in Toronto prog). Even though NEU is reputed,has an innovative curriculum & I would like to work in the US after my MBA, but it compares nowhere near Schulich in rankings etc. Really confused as to which school I should pick and time is running out 😐 Advice welcomed

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi......

After going through the whole thread and all profiles, I am having vibes that my chances are not so bright.. Still want to share profile and receive feedback...

GMAT- 700 IELTS- 7.5

Work-Ex-- not any except 1 year compulsory internship at Civil Hospital, a'bad...

Background-- M.B.B.S. (63.5%.... GPA- not sure but according to friends from med school who got it evaluated by WES, it should be >3.7 on 4.0 scale..)
10th and 12th---- quite good... may be in top 1% of the students

BTW... Got interview call from them (may be GMAT and background made some impact)... Still many uncertainities,..... Hope for the best....

Meanwhile any feedback is most welcome....

8 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey guys. Those who have been interviewed/admitted - care to share the questions asked during the interview etc?

5 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@DaddyV - I am not sure how you classify a school as Big or Small, but if you mean rankings then its in the middle....51st in bloomberg..56th in US news. I usually classify my schools as Big or Small or safe or Dream depending upon my goals and what the school offers.

NEU has a unique 6 - month corporate residency program that appealed me the most. You get to work for 6 month during MBA and earn knwoledge and experience of that industry

Secondly abt placements its wrong to say NEU places its students in corporate finance gigs...I would say no school places its students..but students themselves have to work t get an opportunity. The other way of looking at it is possibly most ppl who are interested in corporate finace go to NEU..cuz it has a cocentration in corporate finance. Take my example..I want to get into corporate finace and I think NEU has the right resources to guide me. I know a few other ppl who want to make a career in finance and are going to NEU

About Networking, NEU has tons of executive luncheons and other networking events. But again one should not rely on school for networking. Boston is a city of colleges and companies. If one cant network in Boston then i doubt where he could network.

Lemme knw if you have any specific questions I could help with

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Gmat 720

GPA 4.8/7 (Australian Unis follow a 7pt scale)
Work Ex - Business Analyst - 3 years in a IT services company in Australia
EC - Pretty Decent
I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple of other universities before i make a decision (thats assuming NEU wants me of course:)), but I wanted some insight from guys matriculating about what appealed to ya'll about the program...from my research it seems to be a small school that places most graduates in corporate finance gigs around the boston area..while the placement numbers are solid im not sure about the networking opportunities and career trajectory post mba?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@DaddyV - I wil be matriculating this fall. Care to share your profile?
@pd2010 - Hey I think I know you from Gmatclub..well I knw a few ppl who are still waiting for their interview calls. But you can always shoot the adcoms an email and ask them about your status
2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey guys,

I too applied for the Feb 1 deadline but havnt received any interview calls yet. Do they inform even if one is not selected for an interview? Also, just to confirm, the mail would be coming from a northeastern email id right?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey guys..i got interviewed last week and am waiting to hear back from the adcom. Is anyone from here matriculating this fall?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Chris

Sent you a PM.. I did play soccer at state n national level..but dint win many 😛 ..Though some college level trophies... We sure can form a team..all this job has kept me away from soccer..would be good to get back to college n back to soccer..Cheerzz!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...