Contribution by IIMs I dont know whether I should laugh at this or not. But recently a lot has been

1 Post  ·  1 User
About this group
Contribution by IIMs I dont know whether I should laugh at this or not. But recently a lot has been said about the recruitment process of IIMs and other B schools. Stuffs like 1. Whether its effective to consider a student for the prestigi...
Page 1 of 1
Contribution by IIMs
I dont know whether I should laugh at this or not. But recently a lot has been said about the recruitment process of IIMs and other B schools.
Stuffs like
1. Whether its effective to consider a student for the prestigious seat by his speaking skills?
2. Is it not irrelevant that, when knowledge about a particular sector gives someone an edge in GD/PI over others, we should consider him?
3. Why cant there be a 1-on-1 interview for each n every candidate?
4. Why is English necessary for being a business expert( I bet that can be learned easily in a while, and in India we can still find CEOs with disgusting way of speaking and communicating).
Now something I would like to add from my side.
Should we not say that IIMs were not visionary enough to consider the rate of growth of talent in India? If they had opened up sufficient number of colleges at regular interval of time, there wont have been any need for colleges like MDI, SP Jain and many more.
But, the irony is, still they consider the opening up of new IIMs as something which is diluting their IMAGE.
In end, I think that, we should conclude that IIMs are more concerned about their image. While on the contrary they should be worried about delivering high quality management education to as many numbers of students as possible.
It should have been always about how many entrepreneurs they are creating for India. On the contrary it was how many traders they are creating for IBs overseas.
I think they need to change their vision. Think more about the country and less about their image. Think more about the quality of education to as many eligible candidates as possible, and less about the placement pay packages.
That will make a better contribution from them, towards a prosperous India.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.