No Normalisation in CAT! Verified by Prometric

31 Posts  ·  26 Users
About this group
https://www.prometric.com/en-us/news-and-resources/white-papers/Documents/LOFT.pdf
Page 1 of 4

why are u wasting ur time and other ppl time by posting and creating such thread..

Get Hope & get joy, get joy & get strength.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
10x 4 getting my lost HOPE back...

:D 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁

n 10x GOD........
:P

nice thread..

{We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.}

Crap :/

Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.

Can anyone tell how do u arrive at the normalised score from ur raw score...

asin if ur score is 35/90 in section 1 & 45/90 in section 2....wat will ur noramalised score br

& in which category will u fall of these:

Last yr results which I know: CAT Score - 222 Percentile - 91CAT Score - 280 Percentile - 99CAT Score - 290 Percentile - 99.3CAT Score - 312 Percentile - 99.8CAT Score - 368 Percentile - 100CAT Score - 384 Percentile - 100
tnahk u

Always believe in your dreams, because if you don't, you'll still have hope.

So I conclude now there is enough of info available on normalization in CAT
As evident from the IIM website also
http://www.catiim.in/dev_scorind_equityprocess_1.html
There is a certain level of equity process carried out to balance the scores with difficulty level .
Thanks for the inputs guys Good luck with CAT result and other exams

@ArmyofHope said:
This is incorrect document. I would request to edit your post as this will give wrong impression to fellow CAT takers and will also put them in lots of tension. Last yr results which I know: CAT Score - 222 Percentile - 91CAT Score - 280 Percentile - 99CAT Score - 290 Percentile - 99.3CAT Score - 312 Percentile - 99.8CAT Score - 368 Percentile - 100CAT Score - 384 Percentile - 100
Link removed bhai! Thanks for the info.
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.| IIM Indore 2013-2015
@torqtech said:
Well this document has been flying around PG for a day or two now. I have read it and though initially I also thought that we are screwed but on further contemplating about it and going through this document--docs.google.com/spreadsheet/cc...I have come to a conclusion that we are reading too much into normalisation and such stuff. If you go through the document and keep in mind that IIMs use a liner scaling of "multiplication by 2.5" After equating score then we notice that for 100 marks of equated score we had 90 percentile and for about 90 we had 80 percentile. So ultimately your raw score would get tweaked by about 4 5 marks at most due to equating of scores and then multiply it by 2.5. That would give you your scaled score and compare it with the table given there. A 10 marks difference for the same percentile can happen this time around as papers are different.Had I known this beforehand I would have attempted the paper just like another mock with an objective of maximising my raw score. All the normalisation crap led me to believe that since questions seem difficult I should probably slow down and try to maintain very high accuracy. But what I see now it is not like that, your raw score is finally what matters since they are simply using a liner scaling. The only black box left here is the equating process, which I think cannot make a drastic difference. I am not trying to predict everyone's result here but I am getting a feeling that people like me who have attempted less and are banking on accuracy and normalisation will probably face disappointment.So finally my point being- We are screwed but not because of LOFT but because we have read too much into normalisation.
This is incorrect document. I would request to edit your post as this will give wrong impression to fellow CAT takers and will also put them in lots of tension.
Last yr results which I know:
CAT Score - 222 Percentile - 91
CAT Score - 280 Percentile - 99
CAT Score - 290 Percentile - 99.3
CAT Score - 312 Percentile - 99.8
CAT Score - 368 Percentile - 100
CAT Score - 384 Percentile - 100
They will fall as well.
@madbash said:
@torqtech : Bhai.. Ye document definitely galat hai.. I had a percentile of 95.26 vs score of just 243 in cat 2k11.
Thanks for the info bhai! It does seem the info is wrong in that document. Well at least some good has come out of this thread then.
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.| IIM Indore 2013-2015
@torqtech : Bhai.. Ye document definitely galat hai.. I had a percentile of 95.26 vs score of just 243 in cat 2k11.
Naiyya Par Kara de..