No IIM calls even after 99%ile - All izz not well

264 Posts  ·  175 Users
About this group
Dear All,This thread is for all BLs(Bad Luckers) jinki kismat me is saal koi IIM call nain likhidespite everyone ranting around you the moment u saw ur CAT score ki - L to pakka aayegiarre K givs weighatge to only CAT scoreL & B dicey hai but I se...
Page 1 of 27

I guess I perfectly qualify for to write here.

CAT 2017 overall percentile - 99.43

QA - 99.31

DI/LR - 99.61

VA/RC - 89.45

I failed to get a call from any of the top IIMs but unlike most of the people, I don't feel frustrated at all as I feel that there is always some better waiting for you ahead. 

1 comment
nishantbatra07
@nishantbatra07  ·  0 karma

Acads?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

If only I had seen this post last year....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Have no calls at 99.15 did not apply anywhere else:drinking:

1 comment
nishantbatra07
@nishantbatra07  ·  0 karma

Acads?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

The thread for people who did not apply to other institues like NITIE and MDI in time but want to give it a shot (extremely bleak chances)
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/puys-with-98-no-calls-and-did-not-apply-to-allied-schools-25061776/2445044

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
rajiv_8 Says
guys i v got 99.22 n a call 4m mdi ,even if i convert dat should i join or try again nxt year 4 iim's as in how good is mdi n i v heard dat d fees der is really high can anyone jus enlighten me . plz don groan because i m new to all these colleges

MDI salary and brand is not less than any IIM!! Salries of IIMs also are not less....

You should join it definitely.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
rajiv_8 Says
guys i v got 99.22 n a call 4m mdi ,even if i convert dat should i join or try again nxt year 4 iim's as in how good is mdi n i v heard dat d fees der is really high can anyone jus enlighten me . plz don groan because i m new to all these colleges

guys plz reply
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

intresting discussion:
The problem is BSchools are good at marketing themselves as the gateway to a better living.(atleast in India).
1)The truth is that only a few exceptional cases get those sky rocketting salaries and those who don't get even a job offer are COAXED into claiming that they are starting new ventures(Yes there are cases where individuals start new ventures out of their free will, letting of hefty packages.)
2)If you look outside India both Engineering grads and MBA grads are considered to be highly skilled workers.They get almost the same pay and some times the engineers get paid more than the MBA's.Outside India its more a question of what you would like to do,what interests you and not what pays you more because the pay is almost the same.In India MBA propaganda has been blown out of proportion.In some institutes on the first day of joining class you are actually made aware of this reality:shock:.
This situation needs to change!

Regards,
talliPG(IIM-India IT MALE!!)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
ABCLIKS Says
Quite true... Oh... But dont u think Engineers are also at fault ? First they block seats in IITs, NITs , become engineer wateter in electronics, it, civil and one fine day , feel that oh... I should not be here... I wasted my 5 years now I want to do MBA in FINANCE.....Which is hardly related to engineering....Entire system is at fault and we are part of it.... Arent we also wasting resourses......?

Agree. But this is the way our education system is. The intelligent lot blocks the way of equally intelligent one just because there are not many seats anywhere. Even a BA student block others way as all 12th pass donot get admission. Almost half are leftout. The way forward is not to block engineers but recognise that it is an easy route to reasonable carreer. If like France the pay of primary teacher is same as an Prof, u will have many not moving that way. For the beginners, the management was devised by engineers in the first place and was essential to manage large industry and projects. It more suitable for engineers than Finance person, largely. Well if we want to block engineers do it after having declared. Donot decieve. What stops IIM's from publising the marks awarded for each student if they took money and declare on the website after applying filters. Lat me tell u it is BLATANTLY illegal to shortlist based on Graduate marks having called the freshers to apply( whose results are yet to be declared) and firstly saying that u need only 45% in graduate to sit in CAT which is conducted with the sole aim of admission to IIMs. IIMs have started considering themselves above people and of course law. Any one going to Court may take note. He sure to win and some IIMs are going to see ground.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
ABCLIKS Says
Quite true... Oh... But dont u think Engineers are also at fault ? First they block seats in IITs, NITs , become engineer wateter in electronics, it, civil and one fine day , feel that oh... I should not be here... I wasted my 5 years now I want to do MBA in FINANCE.....Which is hardly related to engineering....Entire system is at fault and we are part of it.... Arent we also wasting resourses......?

There arent actually any resources available at engineering college! so we end up with mba......
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...