NMIMS Part Time MBA 2009-12 !!!!

11 Posts  ·  32 Users
About this group
Hi Guys !!! This is my first post to PG and hence I m pretty exited ;) I have 3+ years of experience in IT industry and I have applied for a 3 yr Part time MBA in NMIMS , few days back I got a call and I was all happy untill I saw their ...
Page 1 of 2

Yes .. I did .

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

[hey did you send them a confirmation mail about your candidature as they have mention it in call letter 17 th is the date specified

ya one of our manager has done in finance me too plannin to do in finance but they have not specified the branch yet my rank is 32 they will offer specilosation in 3rd year .This guy says it is good any ways we know nm is a brAND NAME BUT ONLY CONCERN IS FEE I GUESS WE WILL END UP PAYING 2 L MORE IN ANY CASE

Yeah same here !! me planning to do in finance .. do u know neone who has done FIN from there ...

i dont no yar i am also in IT working for crisil rating but i asked guys who have done mba frm nm they say its worth it as my it head has also done it frm nm but they had a fee of 40k only at there time kya confusion ho raha hai yar

Yeah even I thought that since its first year they will give laptops nd all and hence they are charging this much and probably for next two years fee will be less.
But I ws surprised to know that they are not even giving the laptops.

Vivek , you think its worth paying 1.23 L ?

i too gat a call from them till last year fee ws 60k but this time around its 1.23 l a hike of two times i thought they must be givin a lap top or somethin but nothin like dat i am also confused seeing the fee structure yar

vivek 9860998787

Thanks alott ..

My only concern is I should not end up paying more than what its worth because almost every other college is asking for fee around 50-60 K per annum where as NM is more than double of that.
Is there any one who have done PT MBA from NM and throw some light on what additional they are goin to give us in return of this money interms of knowledge or exposure.

Thanks

al_ps Says
Guys please reply .. I want to take a decision coz 24th is the last date to pay fee .

Hello,

I feel you need to decide upon various factors, some of which are as follows :

1) What is the return of investment? what is the value for the degree which I will be getting?
2) How beneficial is it for me compared to a full time course?
3) Can I wait for one year and prepare for a full time MBA which also would take 3 years (1 yr prep for exams + 2 yrs FTMBA)
4) Which other options in PTMBA do I have compared to NM? There are others like Welingkar etc (I do not know how good are they?)
5) What are my long term goals?
6) If I want to be in the same industry and gain value addition than PTMBA is worth.
7) Considering the cost factor, I feel all the colleges now a days are in a mood of fees hike. I think that can be covered during the 3 years of PTMBA.

Hope this helps

Guys please reply .. I want to take a decision coz 24th is the last date to pay fee .